I have been in some really dirty McDonald's.
like, I think I had not thought before about how unappetizing it is to see spilled food. Ugh.
At my burrito-making job they had me clean tables/spills and stuff a lot, because for some reason everyone else I worked with hated cleaning up.
I get satisfaction out of cleaning things up. Which is weird, because I am a messy guy.
I think the only time I was told that I "work hard" was at that job. It was a weird feeling.
But also, I was just so damn bad at making burritos as fast as people wanted them. I spent a lot of time cleaning dishes, cleaning tables, etc, which I guess was good for everyone involved.
When I make a burrito, I want it to be a good burrito, not a fast burrito.
(I am so good at wrapping burritos now, though. People are often impressed by my burrito-wrapping.)
My other job like that was the supermarket. A lot of my coworkers ended the day by buying a 6-pack and a pack of ramen. Maybe I'm doing that damn "projecting" thing, but that made me get the impression that they led horrible lives filled with quiet desperation.