Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone  (Read 11319 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 10:49:20 pm »

O_O is this something that men do frequently? "Hey bro, here's a picture of ******************. I figured that as men, we could share this pornographic image and appreciate it together. Pretty cool, huh?"

When I worked at the airport, one of the guys from another airline used to show me porn on his Sidekick. Some of the nastiest women you could find. He had interesting tastes...
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 02:06:05 am »

Swapping porn on a plane?  Why don't these boys just set their game systems aside and have sex with each other?  Have you suggested this to them?  I mean if they like Limp Bizkit they're already half way there anyway.

That is EXACTLY what they should do. Any port in a storm, right?

Heh. CAN'D.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 02:23:37 am »

Having spent nearly 36 consecutive hours on a plane, I can honestly say I'd rather watch Limp Bizkit fans have sex than the Muslim-friendly version of the Da Vinci Code.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 02:56:38 am »

Do Limp Bizkit fans actually exist?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 04:33:49 am »

I think they died out. In the fire. They're moved on to other pastures.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 05:14:28 pm »

I think they died out. In the fire. They're moved on to other pastures.
Or are you confusing them with Great White fans?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 03:22:45 am »

Swapping porn on a plane?  Why don't these boys just set their game systems aside and have sex with each other?  Have you suggested this to them?  I mean if they like Limp Bizkit they're already half way there anyway.

The attendants don't react as positively to this sort of behavior as you might assume. Do not ask how I know this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 05:49:10 am »

The walls of the lavatory are thinner than you might suspect?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 05:02:25 pm »

I probably won't get an iPhone because my face is greasy and I don't like to subject electronic devices to that sort of thing. Also because I refuse to buy any modern Apple product ever.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 05:06:41 pm »

Also because I refuse to buy any modern Apple product ever.

Why is this?  I used to be a rabid anti-Mac type until they put Unix under the hood, then I began coveting the Mac.  I hear that their quality control is less than perfect, hardware wise, and they're certainly not cheap, but I'm pretty certain my next machine will be a Mac.  Why the hate?  (Specifically, why the hate for Modern Macs?  Were they better back in the day?)
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 05:26:00 pm »

Why the hate?

Because, quite frankly, the effects of Apple fanboyism frighten me. I have nothing against their products, but the way they are marketed as something almost akin to a spiritual experience kind of creeps me out. Besides, Apple fans need me as much as they need their precious iPods. I am the eternally ignorant Windoze boor whose refusal to switch allow them to maintain their special, unique and creative iLives.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 05:40:18 pm »

Besides, Apple fans need me as much as they need their precious iPods. I am the eternally ignorant Windoze boor whose refusal to switch allow them to maintain their special, unique and creative iLives.

That is so noble.

I think about getting a Mac all the time, whenever the computer freezes up and I have to reboot and I lose track of what I had in the sixteen browser windows I had open.  The Technical Staff seems to think it's perfectly reasonable to have to reboot occassionally.  I say it's like if someone came into your office every couple of days and swept everything on your desk on to the floor.

But, I think it's just too late in life for such a fundamental change. Looking back I should have changed computers when I changed careers but I didn't and now I'm in too deep all over again.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 05:47:28 pm »

May I ask what your new career is?
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 06:14:47 pm »

May I ask what your new career is?

I write stuff. Also a lot of looking stuff up on the Internet so I know who to call on the phone is involved.  And email.

I wrote stuff before too, but now it's different stuff.  So there was a point at which if I'd lost access to all my old files it wouldn't have mattered.

The thing is also, I have this whole Technical Staff at home and he doesn't do Macs.  Sometimes we have a conversation about how one of his computers runs Linux and I ask why I can't have one of those... but somehow this conversation never goes anywhere that I can remember. Maybe I black out, I don't know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 07:57:10 pm »

The thing is also, I have this whole Technical Staff at home and he doesn't do Macs.  Sometimes we have a conversation about how one of his computers runs Linux and I ask why I can't have one of those... but somehow this conversation never goes anywhere that I can remember. Maybe I black out, I don't know.

This happens to me when I start trying to become a Linux user.  One moment I'm installing the latest Red Hat distribution on a freshly formatted hard drive partition, and the next I'm sitting in the rain on the side of the road outside Portland picking gravel out of my skin and wearing a torn dress.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up