Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344665 times)

0 Members and 119 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12480 on: January 10, 2013, 07:49:32 am »

If I never post here again, know that I am stupid and my carbon monoxide alarm wasn't just out of batteries.

I replaced the batteries and the damn thing still won't shut up. The company's website says this means it has reached "the end of life" which seems like a pretty sick phrase to use when talking about a life-saving product.

Thought: I am totally into thinking about clothes, but nothing makes me feel more embarrassed than my roommate trying to talk to me about clothes in front of people. He kept using internet clothes lingo and I wanted to shrink into the chair. He called me "trad." I had to pretend to not know what the name for the cool part of my shirt was. I guess most of it is that talking about clothes means talking about things you want to buy. And seriously, is there anything more uncool and yucky than talking about how much the clothes you want cost?

(my new shirt has a sick placket, you guys)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:24:42 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12481 on: January 10, 2013, 12:23:53 pm »

Had the same thing happen with my old carbon monoxide detector once too.  The fire department does free checks for carbon monoxide here, so I had time come in just in case, the next detector we got has a display with numbers to show how much of the gas it's detecting, which is a bit more useful than the old model that just had a read light and screeching sound.  The new one is sitting uselessly unplugged right now though.  The Fabreeze airfreshner sets it off, hubby unplugs it then forgets to put it back up.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12482 on: January 10, 2013, 08:06:21 pm »


(my new shirt has a sick placket, you guys)

You are so arrogant!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12483 on: January 10, 2013, 09:08:51 pm »

Yeah, you have no idea. I wore it to a party that a certain lady was going to be at. At the end of the night I thought "good thing she didn't show up, if she saw this shirt it'd be all over for that guy she is dating."

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12484 on: January 11, 2013, 05:03:25 am »

Big props to Oregon and a big "FUCK YOU" to tobacco based disease.
As a bonus, your back pocket can still get that circular wear pattern toting that snuff around.  Congrats on reducing your chances of ending up like Roger Ebert.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12485 on: January 16, 2013, 09:45:22 am »

Two of my roommates are dating two girls who are roommates. Today I made an "OKCupid" profile, and it is telling me that the third roommate is my number one match in the metro area. Seriously, internet?

But mostly this website is showing me people I already know.

...and one really cute girl who lives close to me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12486 on: January 16, 2013, 01:21:34 pm »

Two of my roommates are dating two girls who are roommates. Today I made an "OKCupid" profile, and it is telling me that the third roommate is my number one match in the metro area. Seriously, internet?


So why not?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12487 on: January 16, 2013, 04:35:46 pm »

Sounds like the plot of the unaired last episode of "The Brady Bunch"
Logged
[expletive deleted]

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12488 on: January 16, 2013, 09:11:42 pm »

This sounds perfect for carpooling to sex, Dan, except that OKCupid is involved which means it will probably end terribly.

OKCupid is like King Midas if King Midas turned everything into runny stool.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12489 on: January 16, 2013, 10:39:50 pm »

...play in a Magic the Gathering draft tournament, ignore certain social and economic facts about the game, and have a good time.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12490 on: January 17, 2013, 03:25:11 pm »

TIG be about to complain that people aren't posting enough and then wonder if that is hypocritical because I keep checking the board without posting anything.

No, on second thought, I posted an AWESOME pug video last night. I am not the problem.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12491 on: January 17, 2013, 04:18:29 pm »

Today I'm gonna plug in my car at a charging station two blocks from my downtown office. It's like I have reserved parking here.

I find the whole concept of plugging in my car to be highly entertaining.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12492 on: January 17, 2013, 05:07:42 pm »

Carlos, that is awesome.

Uh, what is going on in my life that people might want to discuss...

...I, uh...well I um...

Yeah.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12493 on: January 17, 2013, 06:43:22 pm »

Yeah, I think the verdict on OkCupid is that St Louis is too small for it to work. I did the search mode where it finds "friends" and specified "straight men"-- I only got guys I already know.

Once I figure out the right message to send this really appealing grad student lady, I think I might be done with this.

WELP, apparently I do not understand how this site works and some things which I thought were private are not private. Fuck this.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:56:07 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12494 on: January 17, 2013, 10:05:54 pm »

I met the lady I am dating on OkStupid, and she is excellent.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 878   Go Up