Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347456 times)

0 Members and 181 Guests are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12870 on: April 19, 2013, 03:22:31 am »

Since you are forced to buy insurance, and their rates are fixed, they can only increase income by finding excuses to not pay out. They do this by making you feel stupid and powerless. They won't answer calls, send you extra bills, tell you they won't pay, all kinds of weaselly things. If you threaten them with small claims court, they will most likely settle since the amount is likely to be less than the cost of the lawyer they send to oppose you.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12871 on: April 19, 2013, 05:35:54 pm »

TIG Go to work as normal, and notice on the way that there are a lot of cops around and some intersections I like to use are shut down. All the shops are closed, and it seems to be octagon hat day. Sit down, read my email, turns out boston is on lockdown, there is a manhunt basically in my backyard, and I'm not going to be able to go home easilly. Well fuck. I do like having the whole office to myself... I'm gettin a TON of coding done.

I wasn't 100% sure that it wasn't a zombie apocalypse, though.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12872 on: April 19, 2013, 05:57:00 pm »

Can you believe it sounds like he was a total normal guy until he started bombing places? He never even mentioned to his acquaintances that he planned to commit acts of terrorism!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12873 on: April 20, 2013, 06:54:44 am »

Just got back from biking to a bar in 40 degree weather. Kind of mad I wasn't doing this every weekend all winter. Biking while moderately bundled up is really pleasant.
Bar in MQ and Hobot's neighborhood that my friends like is 3 miles away, which is pretty ideal, and it's mostly downhill there. I got there and had 2 nice beers and a slice of pizza and biked back, a tiny bit buzzed, uphill. Work in 7 hours. On nights like this I think I have the ideal lifestyle.

I am in bad enough shape that 6 miles of biking with moderate hills made me feel pretty beat. Lots of drunk pedestrians yelling (friendly) things at me on the way back. Good night.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12874 on: April 20, 2013, 05:50:36 pm »

Today I went to Record Store Day and got most of what I wanted. Then The Lady pointed out the grass is tall and how had I not noticed. I said unless the lawn is on fire it's never going to occur to me to look at it. Then she showed me how to use a gas lawn mower. It was awful and it's a skill I hope I never have to employ again.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12875 on: April 20, 2013, 06:35:40 pm »

And you admitted all of that on the internet.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12876 on: April 20, 2013, 10:02:42 pm »

Man, mowing is like the one "manly" thing I can both do and enjoy.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12877 on: April 21, 2013, 01:04:01 am »

Other than boning a lady, one might think.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12878 on: April 21, 2013, 05:23:25 am »

I suppose that depends on how you define do?  Or can?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12879 on: April 22, 2013, 05:51:23 pm »

My wife mowed the front lawn yesterday while I was pruning the rose bushes and pulling weeds.  She did have me change out the reel in the weed whacker though.  I suppose we're both secure in our gender identities.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12880 on: April 23, 2013, 02:33:42 pm »

Today I'm gonna wonder how you people do it. I mean, people with regular jobs. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I have enough paying work right now that I have to work all day every day. I don't know if this is some kind of economic indicator, or a temporary blip. I suspect the latter because the main editor I am working for is so awesome that it can't last.  But for the moment, geez. I worked for eight hours yesterday and now I am supposed to work again today?

And really, I am not a total bum. It's not that I used to spend most of the time just goofing off, but chunks of the day were spent on my own long-term projects with no deadline and possibly no payoff. But apparently that is really different than spending the time on something someone is waiting for so they can pay me. Because my brain is really fried.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12881 on: April 23, 2013, 09:53:56 pm »

Wombie wombiggity...  I have had a full time job since I was a teenager. It has always been a struggle to keep up with simple stuff, but I manage. If you need to find extra time, here are a few things you can do:

1) cut back on tv. Seriously, fuck that shit. You might think you're getting stuff done during the commercials, but you're not.
2) cut back on internet. (I am currently typing this instead of filing for reimbursement for gym expenses.)
3) cut back on sleep. (don't do this)
4) wear your dirty clothes so you don't have to do laundry (its only REALLY gross after a couple months, and it saves you HOURS ON THE WEEK!)
5) do not clean your house/apartment (its just gonna get messy again anyway)
6) cut back on videogames (it had to come sometime)
7) cut back on gym time (whatever, you'll get a little fat, but think about how great it is to have a JOB)
8) cut back on time with family (they'll learn to cope without you)
9) cut back on time with friends (you can get new ones when they give up on ever hanging out again)
10) cut back on your own basic human needs like showering and shaving (what's more important, getting paid or smelling good?)

Logged
[expletive deleted]

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12882 on: April 23, 2013, 11:12:40 pm »

Sounds like sound advice to me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12883 on: April 23, 2013, 11:30:25 pm »


4) wear your dirty clothes so you don't have to do laundry (its only REALLY gross after a couple months, and it saves you HOURS ON THE WEEK!)

10) cut back on your own basic human needs like showering and shaving (what's more important, getting paid or smelling good?)

Hey, I work at home, hardly anyone would be bothered.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12884 on: April 24, 2013, 12:48:05 am »

Wombie wombiggity...  I have had a full time job since I was a teenager. It has always been a struggle to keep up with simple stuff, but I manage. If you need to find extra time, here are a few things you can do:

1) cut back on tv. Seriously, fuck that shit. You might think you're getting stuff done during the commercials, but you're not.
2) cut back on internet. (I am currently typing this instead of filing for reimbursement for gym expenses.)
3) cut back on sleep. (don't do this)
4) wear your dirty clothes so you don't have to do laundry (its only REALLY gross after a couple months, and it saves you HOURS ON THE WEEK!)
5) do not clean your house/apartment (its just gonna get messy again anyway)
6) cut back on videogames (it had to come sometime)
7) cut back on gym time (whatever, you'll get a little fat, but think about how great it is to have a JOB)
8) cut back on time with family (they'll learn to cope without you)
9) cut back on time with friends (you can get new ones when they give up on ever hanging out again)
10) cut back on your own basic human needs like showering and shaving (what's more important, getting paid or smelling good?)



Hey, this sounds just like becoming a stay-at-home mom!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 878   Go Up