Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349586 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2175 on: February 22, 2008, 03:36:09 pm »

Oh, now I get why people have those things.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2176 on: February 22, 2008, 05:45:33 pm »

...decide to hibernate till spring comes.  Then realize I have to get up and scrape ice off the sidewalk so I can convince the pugs to go outside in the freezing rain and pee.

Everyone I know with rodents that large or dogs that small trained them on newspapers and they just poop and pee in the garage. No losing the little shavers in the snow.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2177 on: February 22, 2008, 05:55:07 pm »

There was some reason I decided not to do that... but I can't remember what it was.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2178 on: February 22, 2008, 06:35:57 pm »

...because you don't want your animals peeing and pooping in your dang garage?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2179 on: February 22, 2008, 08:38:39 pm »

...volunteer to usher at tonight's concert for our Jazz Festival. This means that I do a minimum of work, hear some great music, and raise money for Circle K all at once. Drawback: partying must start later than usual. Ushers aren't usually supposed to be drunk.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2180 on: February 22, 2008, 08:41:27 pm »

...volunteer to usher at tonight's concert for our Jazz Festival. This means that I do a minimum of work, hear some great music, and raise money for Circle K all at once. Drawback: partying must start later than usual. Ushers aren't usually supposed to be drunk.

If you find yourself encouraging the attendees to form a mosh pit in front of the ensemble, you may be too drunk to usher.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2181 on: February 22, 2008, 08:44:28 pm »

Buy a new monitor because my old one crapped out for 2nd time since I bought it. And of course the warrant expired 2 months ago. But hey, now I have wide screen. Now I just need to find a resolution tha both looks good and doesn't give me a headache. For some reason the native resolution of an LCD always looks 1 step too small to me.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2182 on: February 22, 2008, 09:12:16 pm »

...volunteer to usher at tonight's concert for our Jazz Festival. This means that I do a minimum of work, hear some great music, and raise money for Circle K all at once. Drawback: partying must start later than usual. Ushers aren't usually supposed to be drunk.

Couldn't you just buy some microwave burritos and a six pack to raise money for Circle K? Couple of gallons of gas?
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2183 on: February 22, 2008, 09:20:03 pm »

Yeah, but I'd probably have to drive a few hundred miles or something. We have Stinker stations 'round here.

For those who are confused: Circle K International, Circle K, and Stinker.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2184 on: February 22, 2008, 11:46:00 pm »

For those who are confused: Circle K International

Are their meetings called Circle Jerks? 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:16:54 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2185 on: February 23, 2008, 12:48:21 am »

Quote
Idea of anything named stinker has made my afterpoon

Man, you have weird ideas of what you should do afterwards.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2186 on: February 23, 2008, 04:10:19 am »

so. my roommates bought a PS3 for some reason, and are suddenly paranoid that someone will steal our shit. This was not a worry when we just had a big-screen TV, xbox360, wii, and stereo... but the ps3 has pushed them over the line.
Anyway. They want to still be able to leave the door to our hall open, so they are trying to institute this ridiculous thing where we say a Code Word when we come into the room? Like... I guess if the person doesn't say the code word, they go for their guns or whatever? I am basically... not going to say a codeword when I come into my own dang room.

also suddenly there is hell of Stress about figuring out living situations, as one guy really wants to get a non-washU owned one, as they are way cheaper. But then issues arise about people going abroad, being further from campus, and the fact that none of us know what the heck a reasonable rent is, plus the whole utitilies thing that we'd have to deal with... but apparently the school-owned apartments are going to be almost impossible for juniors to get next year because of the way they are changing the system, so our options are go off-campus or live in really overpriced upperclassman dorms.


in other news, this 300 movie is horrible. "look at how awesome these guys are! they dont' let anyone ever show emotion, and never retreat, even when it makes strategic sense!"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 05:37:57 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2187 on: February 23, 2008, 07:58:35 pm »

Don't forget the punchy one-liners! 300 has more of those than a bad sitcom.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2188 on: February 23, 2008, 08:08:21 pm »

It also fails to demonstrate that they inevitably lose the battle. Also, there were thousands, not hundreds.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2189 on: February 23, 2008, 08:20:59 pm »

wait... they don't lose?? I didn't watch the whole thing, but... isn't the whole point that they're badasses because in this one incredibly specific situation it was good to refuse to surrender or retreat?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 878   Go Up