Some good recent scores there: Passion Pit's "Chunk of Change," the new Okkervil River, damn well near the Avett Brothers' whole catalog. And some mediocre, hit-or-miss items like the Stills' new album, Maximo Park, Styrofoam and Land of Talk. I'm also picking up everything in this Classical for Beginners article, one per month.
Now that you mention it, today's the day my downloads refresh, so I'm gonna get The Gaslight Anthem's "The '59 Sound," and the new Herbaliser joint.
Further proof that we are 180-degrees out of sync. Okkervil River, Avett Brothers, and Gaslight Anthem are all bands that were recent free daily downloads. For all 3 I listened to the free song, checked out the 30-second samples, and decided pretty much right away that they were not for me.
Gramercy Arms is today's free track. The short review sounds promising. I'll find out when I get home, I guess. I'm so glad I found out that you can get those without installing the toolbar.
The newest Stills I do have in my Saved lists*. I didn't know about the new Maximo Park. I have one of their other albums so maybe I'll look into it.
I did get finally get around to DL'ing Thao, and that was pretty OK. I have so much stuff gathering dust in my saved lists. I wish I had been able to snag some of those super cheap booster cards that Circuit City was selling a few months ago, but I never saw any.
*My actual Saved for Later has been broken for like 3 years and eM tech support is stumped. But I've found that it actually works much better to save stuff to lists based on how many tracks it has. That way when I only have 8 songs left I can easily find albums that have <=8 tracks I want.