Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342878 times)

0 Members and 189 Guests are viewing this topic.

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8085 on: August 28, 2010, 08:48:51 pm »

I thought you were slamming on The Killers so I looked up their wikipedia bios and I was like 'there's no drunken eschewing of spouses on here how does Anacro know this stuff about an over-hyped pop-culture icon' and then a little light bulb went off and I looked at the wiki article for the capsules themselves

"
Others (especially on weekdays) are often too inebriated to safely travel to their homes, or too embarrassed to face their spouses.[3] With continued recession in Japan, as of early 2010 more and more guests -- roughly 30% at the Capsule Hotel Shinjuku 510 in Tokyo -- were either unemployed or underemployed and were renting capsules by the month.[4]
"

well cute.

In the future at the rate things are going we will probably all live in capsules.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8086 on: August 29, 2010, 12:23:50 am »

Those things are basically my worst nightmare. Enclosed spaces are not my thing. Good thing my father wasn't BF Skinner.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8087 on: August 29, 2010, 01:58:07 am »

Those things are basically my worst nightmare. Enclosed spaces are not my thing. Good thing my father wasn't BF Skinner.
Well then I guess I won't forward Pedro the order form.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8088 on: August 29, 2010, 02:44:50 am »

But you see, if you'd been raised in the scientifically optimal child rearing environment of the AirCrib you wouldn't have these psychological deficiencies.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8089 on: September 02, 2010, 08:37:29 pm »

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

A truer story:  In the book "Bringing Down the House," the MIT blackjack team ends up with a large quantity of high-value chips at the MGM Grand, and due to circumstance, will not be able to cash them readily lest they arouse suspicion.

The solution:  they work out a deal with a bunch of strippers to cash them in small batches, as it would not be uncommon for them to be tipped by high rollers in chips.  They then let the strippers keep 20% of the proceeds.

Great book, if you haven't read it.  Much better than the movie ("21").
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8090 on: September 02, 2010, 10:19:46 pm »

it takes an MIT mathnerd to think of laundering money via strippers.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8091 on: September 02, 2010, 11:59:41 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8092 on: September 03, 2010, 12:11:37 am »

i'll vouch for that book. i read it in an evening, it was so easy and entertaining. the movie of the same name has nothing to do with the book; the movie based on the book is a dreadful fictionalization that boils down to "americans don't want asian peoples starring in their films"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8093 on: September 03, 2010, 01:34:11 am »

I think several years ago I caught a documentary about them on the Travel Channel or something. Even that was better than 21.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8094 on: September 04, 2010, 01:10:33 am »

Yesterday I went to a dumb show my friends organized after work, and I Fannie say I made my first new-neighborhood friend. YEAH. she just graduated, did college radio, and has a lame job. Yeah!
Important: she is having a housewarming party this weekend. New friends!

Getting a lot more used to the job. Wish I couldget Internet to work in my new place.

Have I did the new place rules? It super rules.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8095 on: September 04, 2010, 02:55:41 am »

Yesterday I went to a dumb show my friends organized after work, and I Fannie say I made my first new-neighborhood friend. YEAH. she just graduated, did college radio, and has a lame job. Yeah!
Important: she is having a housewarming party this weekend. New friends!

Getting a lot more used to the job. Wish I couldget Internet to work in my new place.

Have I did the new place rules? It super rules.

---
Sent from my iPhone
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8096 on: September 04, 2010, 03:15:15 am »

Took me a minute to see what you did there.

I am pretty sure I need to get rid of this thing and get a normal phone. It is breaking and an iPhone seems super extravagant.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8097 on: September 04, 2010, 04:13:32 am »

-Look at you with your new iPhone!
-Who do you think you are, putting on such airs!
-How could you BE so cocky!
-You really blew it this time!
-You are so ARROGANT

(Panel 6, inev digging a hole close to a fence, iphone laid on the ground closeby)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8098 on: September 04, 2010, 04:33:04 am »

Until the last year I had never really bought anything for my self since high school.  Every penny I had went to smokes, smokes, coke and booze.  Now that I am laying off the last two and have a job, I have bought a $700 guitar, a $700 amp, switched back to pre rolled smokes, smoke more weed (and buy) than ever and have bought $2000-3000 in guitar effects and an iphone.  Even though I will never use half the effects I bought my only regret is the iphone.  I just wanted to have a phone and an ipod in one, but it is not worth it at all.  They should come out with an ipod nano you can use as a phone (I was saying this before I bought my iphone) and that would be cool.  The iphone really isn't.  I kinda hate it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8099 on: September 04, 2010, 04:50:43 am »

Man, I want one so bad. It seems like every other yobbo teenager on the bus has one but somehow I can't afford one. I know it's a totally irrational desire because it's the New Shiny Thing but... so shiny!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 878   Go Up