Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344654 times)

0 Members and 122 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8775 on: December 21, 2010, 06:04:25 am »

Today I'm gonna realize I have done no shopping and have no idea what to get for anyone.

I'm strangely at peace with this.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8776 on: December 22, 2010, 03:26:18 pm »

... wake up at 4am drenched in sweat, the puke like crazy.  I knew I shouldn't take the antibiotics on an empty stomache, but I forgot to take them at dinner.  Apparently the "take this medication on a full stomach" direction doesn't equal out to "take after eating a bag of cheesies."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8777 on: December 22, 2010, 07:06:50 pm »

I'm gonna go get a haircut!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8778 on: December 22, 2010, 09:29:31 pm »

What's a cheesie and where do I get some?

[sorry for the barf-alarm, by the way]

OMG, Cheezies (further research tells me I spelled it wrong previously) are so damn good!  I forgot true Cheezies are a Canadian thing , although Canadians tend to refer to any crunchy, fried cheese snack of the sort you'd find in the potato chip isle as Cheezies.  The only thing comparable to the actual Hawkins Cheezies in the US is perhaps the Frito Lay Cheetos Crunchy.  Cheetos are much smaller and nowhere near as crunchy/hard or cheesy or salty or otherwise delicious as Hawkins Cheezies.  

Cheezies are most definitely not the sort of thing to eat on a bad stomach.  Apparently they make a good fire starter though.  It did feel like my insides and throat were on fire this morning.

I saw a news story about this site that ships Canadian foods to craving Canadian expats, so this is where once could purchase such a thing I suppose.

edit- fixed for all sorts of reasons
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:35:04 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8779 on: December 22, 2010, 09:52:49 pm »

[note: i coulda just dutched it and gone home with no repercussions. dummy-dummy-dummy]
Here's hoping you can get back home tonight!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8780 on: December 23, 2010, 12:09:29 am »

Here's hoping you can get back home tonight!
Exactly.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8781 on: December 23, 2010, 12:18:45 am »

i coulda just dutched it

Typo or did Ash just want to skip work to stay home and smoke up?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8782 on: December 23, 2010, 12:40:46 am »

Hes in California, I work under the assumption that everyone there is dutching it up before work.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8783 on: December 23, 2010, 03:00:00 am »

Asherdan = Lyle
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8784 on: December 23, 2010, 05:26:38 am »

the 20 worst songs of 2010

LFM, the two writers of these articles are totally stealing your thunder.

its delicious how they rip a new butthole for every.  single.  part.  of the song and singer.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8785 on: December 23, 2010, 04:08:12 pm »

Oh crap, you don't know what "the warsher" means?

Nobody tell him. He isn't ready yet.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8786 on: December 24, 2010, 12:05:17 am »

It's a sex position, but it's also kind of, like, a sex concept.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8787 on: December 24, 2010, 10:51:21 pm »

my grandfather gave my dad a disk with SEVENTEEN THOUSAND pictures of that side of my family, starting at the turn of the last century.

holy crap. lots of "old country" pictures that freak me out. My grandma in a weird mud-brick house, my great-grandma on a hoss with a rifle, etc. My mom as a kid, looking incredibly foreign and weird and old-fashioned. it is weird because now she looks like a normal, white American lady.

my grandma was like... gorgeous. Holy crap.

I apparently get "skinny, awkward nerd" from both sides of the family.

for some reason the title I want to put on these photos is "before the revolution." Lots of mustaches and stern looks and hosss.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8788 on: December 24, 2010, 11:35:23 pm »

my grandfather gave my dad a disk with SEVENTEEN THOUSAND pictures of that side of my family, starting at the turn of the last century.

holy crap. lots of "old country" pictures that freak me out. My grandma in a weird mud-brick house, my great-grandma on a hoss with a rifle, etc. My mom as a kid, looking incredibly foreign and weird and old-fashioned. it is weird because now she looks like a normal, white American lady.

my grandma was like... gorgeous. Holy crap.

I apparently get "skinny, awkward nerd" from both sides of the family.

for some reason the title I want to put on these photos is "before the revolution." Lots of mustaches and stern looks and hosss.

This is very cool. I looked for that pic of Mt. Rushmore this time at my brothers house and I couldn't find it. My Mom will be back next month, but with her memory so shot I'm not sure she'll know where it is.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8789 on: December 25, 2010, 04:12:54 am »

full circle: I just saw a picture where my skinny young not-yet grandpa is dressed up like a girl, stuffed bra and all. my not-yet-grandma is laughing but looks uncomfortable.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 878   Go Up