...wonder if Smick knows this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbfD9OKwqBs
I've had two run-ins with him!
1) During the North Portland Anticon (the Santacon was kicked out of down town or something so all the Santas marauded around a different part of Portland.) he came wheeling by. I and another guy from the
unicycle gang walked over and started making small talk with him. "Oh wow! How did you learn to unicycle? Was it hard?" and then the other guy says "Can I try?" He then clumsily got up on it using our shoulders the steady himself, and then leaned forward and rode a circle in the parking lot. He then came back and said "Oh wow! That was a lot easier than I thought!" Then looked at me "You should try!"
"Me? No way! I'd break my neck!"
Then we repeated the process of climbing up on it stumbling and haltingly, and then I took off and weaved a steady slalom though some of the Santas congregating, came back and said "Jeeze! I didn't think it'd be that easy!"
We were both kind of a cock to a stranger.
2) The second time we came across him was when our short film was up for the People's Choice award at a local Filmed by Bike festival. It was our
Zombie/Unicycle movie, his unicycle bag pipe movie
Everyman, and a
rapping road bike rider. We both lost to the rapping guy.
I kind of consider him our nemesis.