Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349292 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #330 on: August 25, 2007, 02:59:14 pm »

Today I'm gonna ignore an email from a friend of mine, who was just ordained as an Orthodox Priest, inviting me to join Facebook. 

Weird. 

Also, I'm going to move houses, and hope my kid doesn't freak out. 

I wish you all the best and will be pulling for you. Hopefully the positivity will help.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #331 on: August 25, 2007, 04:04:25 pm »

Today I pack for school, load the car, then read the College Football Encyclopedia until I can force myself to sleep.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #332 on: August 25, 2007, 04:21:40 pm »

Today I'm going to listen to the Pogues and be angry about being at work.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #333 on: August 25, 2007, 04:48:01 pm »

Today I went to the gym for the first time after weeks of feeling sick as a dog most of the time. This is such a great accomplishment that I am going to spend the rest of the day just lying around in the air conditioning, trying to convince the dogs not to hate me, because it is not my fault that it is too hot to go outside without getting heatstroke.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #334 on: August 25, 2007, 05:34:39 pm »

Today I'm going to listen to the Pogues and be angry about being at work.

Are you a big fan? They're probably my favourite band. Ever. For now. If you haven't done so already, I recommend picking up "A Drink With Shane MacGowan". Absolutely fuck*ng wonder, that man is.

Also, have you ever had the luck to see them live in their earlier days? I saw them three days before Christmas last year, and it was special, despite Shane's singing/talking being one long rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfatbastar dughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrhhhhhhhhh.

Then again, I suppose vocal virtuosity is the last thing expected when you go to see a band with a frontman who's just consumed an amount of alcohol within five hours equivalent to all the drink I've had in 17 years.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #335 on: August 25, 2007, 06:28:23 pm »

Are you a big fan? They're probably my favourite band. Ever. For now. If you haven't done so already, I recommend picking up "A Drink With Shane MacGowan". Absolutely fuck*ng wonder, that man is.

Also, have you ever had the luck to see them live in their earlier days?

Bwahahahahahahhh!

In their earlier days, I lived in Alaska - a state that Shane MacGowan probably doesn't even realize exists.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #336 on: August 25, 2007, 07:52:24 pm »

Today I went to the museum of natural history with an extremely cute guy. We had a great time.

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #337 on: August 25, 2007, 09:53:00 pm »

organize my room, put up my Achewood posters, put away clothes, discuss our future TV purchase.

get stared at by a cute freshman girl. really really blatantly.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #338 on: August 25, 2007, 09:57:26 pm »

get stared at by a cute freshman girl. really really blatantly.

So, inev won today. See you guys tomorrow!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2007, 11:55:45 pm »

no. I will probably never see her again.
or else: run into her at KWUR, and have to say "hi, I'm Daniel. I'm one of the Music Directors" and she'll just jump on me and start getting nailed.

Um, basically there are a lot more attractive girls here than I remembered. I just evened out my karma by staring for slightly too long at a girl who lives on the floor below me.
also a lot of the whole "wow. you... you got a haircut. the short hair... it's... *whisper to friend* has she always been this hot!?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #340 on: August 26, 2007, 12:18:32 am »

no. I will probably never see her again.
or else: run into her at KWUR, and have to say "hi, I'm Daniel. I'm one of the Music Directors" and she'll just jump on me and start getting nailed.

Son, I'm going to have to recommend the second course of action.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #341 on: August 26, 2007, 04:21:52 pm »

Today I'm gonna meet up with my mom and sisters and go to brunch at a fancy French restaurant. Yay!

Also, I had two dates yesterday with cute electrical engineers, coincidentally enough. Both were very nice gentlemen and I plan to see them again. In the morning I went with the first Gentleman Caller (who lives one mile away from me) to the museum and saw a really great exhibit on the Titanic. In the evening I went with the second Gentleman Caller (who unfortunately lives about 85 miles away) went to see a really bad film that he chose. About 30 minutes into it I told him that we had to leave, and then we got dinner. That is the last time that I will ever agree to go see a film without doing at least a cursory check of the reviews online.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #342 on: August 26, 2007, 04:22:54 pm »

Was it Superbad?  I thought that was just a long, annoying dick joke.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #343 on: August 26, 2007, 04:31:05 pm »

godddamnit, why am I the only person who loved that movie!?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #344 on: August 26, 2007, 06:44:52 pm »

The two main characters had good chemistry and the McLovin thing was pretty funny, but if you are going to have a two hour movie you better have either cigarette breaks or a plot.  Either one would have made it enjoyable.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 878   Go Up