Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348239 times)

0 Members and 202 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #345 on: August 26, 2007, 06:47:40 pm »

I haven't seen Superbad but...

If you're gonna have a comedy over 99 minutes, you better have a DAMNED good reason.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #346 on: August 26, 2007, 07:24:59 pm »

ok, let's be honest. I liked it because I am a skinny, awkward boy who talks a lot about getting laid.

also: today, I have woken up at 11 feeling slightly gross, eaten lunch, and bought books. I have 1 textbook for each class (Spanish, Linguistics, Anthropology), except "Film 329: Italian Neorealism" which is slightly intimidating and requires 4 books. My psych class apparently didn't require any books? this means he forgot to tell the store, and we're going to have to buy them on our own.

Um, later my stuff is being delivered from storage, and we are going to Target to get snacks and stuff. We might buy a very large tv soon.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 07:33:51 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #347 on: August 26, 2007, 07:28:33 pm »


If you're gonna have a comedy over 99 minutes, you better have a DAMNED good reason.

LFM, I hope that someday you rise to a position of great power in the movie industry.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #348 on: August 26, 2007, 07:53:57 pm »

Today I stubbed my toe very hard indeed, resulting in what seems to be a minor fracture, intense bruising and massive swelling. The colour of my toe is that of a blackberry and the feeling is that of an overripe peach.

My girlfriend came round to look after me, and now I am playing Football Manager, occasionally screaming at my good for nothing overpaid arseholes of players. (I have just lost.)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #349 on: August 26, 2007, 08:30:53 pm »

Today I moved into my apartment back in the city. It is a cozy place and unequipped with a ceiling light. I want to know what asshole engineer decided bedrooms dont need lights. Also, my chair does not recline. I don't want to live a life where I cant angle my spine in comfort. Now, some crunchy brews.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #350 on: August 26, 2007, 08:53:37 pm »

Was it Superbad?  I thought that was just a long, annoying dick joke.

Oh Jesus...dude. you are spot-on. The main character was unbelievably irritating. Yes. I could not stand that film. You party people know that I am not a prude, but that film was just over-the-top with vulgarity. It had no redeeming qualities.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #351 on: August 26, 2007, 09:06:35 pm »

Yeah, I loved Arrested Development and he was the reason I wanted to see that movie.  I toned it down to not feel like a jerk to theinev, but yeah, it wasn't a question of taste.  Just didn't bring the funnies.  Unless---- hahaha he is drawing a c*ck!!!  What was I saying?


It was a Bill Hicks wet dream if he was a sadist.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 09:12:31 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #352 on: August 26, 2007, 09:29:23 pm »

It is a cozy place and unequipped with a ceiling light.

This actually made me feel nostalgic. Of course, this is because it has been a long, long time since I had to live with this inconvenience. This just goes to show something about anyone's memories of the good old days, I think.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #353 on: August 26, 2007, 09:32:25 pm »

Yeah, I loved Arrested Development and he was the reason I wanted to see that movie.  I toned it down to not feel like a jerk to theinev, but yeah, it wasn't a question of taste.  Just didn't bring the funnies.  Unless---- hahaha he is drawing a c*ck!!!  What was I saying?


It was a Bill Hicks wet dream if he was a sadist.

I liked the Eric character in the film, it was his friend Seth that made me want to get homicidal. I imagine that theinev might have been like Eric in high school, which is maybe why he enjoyed the film?
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #354 on: August 26, 2007, 09:36:39 pm »

yeah, Eric is why I was there.  I watched his internet show at clarkandmichael.com and now Superbad, which just lets me know how dumb it is to follow actors and not writers/producers, etc.  I mean, he wasn't bad or anything, but he could totally pull off George Michael better than anything he will probably ever do. 

After this Superbad cash he probably doesn't have to worry too much about getting more roles though.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #355 on: August 26, 2007, 09:44:13 pm »

Today I picked up some friends from Newport News at the airport. They were here to take Jeff's stuff back to Virginia, since his wife thinks she'll be able to cope with going to Virginia to get it long before she'll feel comfortable returning to Charlotte. It was nice having friends in Charlotte to go to lunch with, but after two months of Jeff's truck out in the street, it's kinda sad to see it gone. Now there's no reason for anyone from Virginia to come down except to visit us, which I worry means that no one will feel the need to come visit us.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #356 on: August 26, 2007, 10:02:41 pm »

...lie on the couch, watch bad preseason football, and contemplate my fortune in escaping tae kwon do testing with nothing worse than sore muscles.  My school runs a really safe program, but the next oldest guy testing yesterday was literally 20 years younger than me.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #357 on: August 26, 2007, 10:07:32 pm »

Saw Bob Saget's HBO standup act yesterday. Now, I am also no prude, and I know a bit about that fellow, but he is maybe fundamentally broken. Not that I haven't seen fouler, more vulgar stuff, and I did laugh, but just the way he came off was like he was kind of unwell.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #358 on: August 26, 2007, 10:10:16 pm »

I think Saget's just desperately trying to figure out how to still make a living by being the compleat opposite of Danny Tanner. Which is fine and all... but dude's persuing it to the point of looking like madness, yeah.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #359 on: August 26, 2007, 10:20:11 pm »

I'm almost certainly wrong, but I thought that his stand-up had always sort of had that tenor.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 878   Go Up