Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348237 times)

0 Members and 202 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #360 on: August 26, 2007, 10:33:29 pm »

we bought a big ol TV. um, and yesterday I met a drama-ish girl who looked basically like Linnea to a really really high degree.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #361 on: August 27, 2007, 12:38:02 am »

Today I picked up some friends from Newport News at the airport. They were here to take Jeff's stuff back to Virginia, since his wife thinks she'll be able to cope with going to Virginia to get it long before she'll feel comfortable returning to Charlotte. It was nice having friends in Charlotte to go to lunch with, but after two months of Jeff's truck out in the street, it's kinda sad to see it gone. Now there's no reason for anyone from Virginia to come down except to visit us, which I worry means that no one will feel the need to come visit us.

Damn. I wish I knew what to say, because I can't imagine coping with grief of this magnitude. I'm sorry.

we bought a big ol TV. um, and yesterday I met a drama-ish girl who looked basically like Linnea to a really really high degree.

Did you say, "Whoa, you look almost exactly like this imaginary internet friend of mine."? Also, drama sucks. Don't let the fact that she's really, really, REALLY good-looking </derek zoolander> throw you off. Heh!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #362 on: August 27, 2007, 01:29:18 am »

yeah, um, Drama kids at washU are basically bullshit. I mean, at least, all the ones I have met are silly. They're all pretentious and silly, and I can't help but think "washU's drama department is tiny. to the point that they're debating absorbing it into the English department. You are not a Big Deal."
I dont' know. they're just very... silly.

um, so, my room does not have room for things. It is causing problems. You know, like, where my boxes of stuff take up all the floor space, and there is nowhere to put them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #363 on: August 27, 2007, 01:50:51 am »

(Y)esterday I met a drama-ish girl who looked basically like Linnea to a really really high degree.

I think this is a reasonable question, at this point.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #364 on: August 27, 2007, 02:09:19 am »

yeah, um, Drama kids at washU are basically bullshit. I mean, at least, all the ones I have met are silly. They're all pretentious and silly, and I can't help but think "washU's drama department is tiny. to the point that they're debating absorbing it into the English department. You are not a Big Deal."
I dont' know. they're just very... silly.

Oh man, you don't know how embarrassed I am by my peers sometimes.  I mean, I just want to tell them to shut the fuck up sometimes.  Back in my university days, when you could hear the drama department student lounge all the way down the hall?  Shut up people.  Some of them actually are as brilliant as they think they are, a few of them are way more brilliant than they think they are, then there's the rest of them.  And they just need to shut up.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #365 on: August 27, 2007, 02:13:28 am »

Oh man, you don't know how embarrassed I am by my peers sometimes.  I mean, I just want to tell them to shut the fuck up sometimes.  Back in my university days, when you could hear the drama department student lounge all the way down the hall?  Shut up people.  Some of them actually are as brilliant as they think they are, a few of them are way more brilliant than they think they are, then there's the rest of them.  And they just need to shut up.

I am totally retarded.

I thought that theinev meant that she was a drama queen or something. The thought of drama as a major did not enter my head. Please disregard the comments I made about drama, since they were about drama queens and not about drama majors.

I think this is a reasonable question, at this point.

Hee! It would be totally weird to meet my Doppelgänger, since I already have a twin.


Oooh! Theinev! Take some pictures of her? Please? I'm totally intrigued now to see what she looks like.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:20:14 am by linnea »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2007, 02:38:35 am »

I don't remember her name. And on second thought, I think she might have actually looked like Mel? My memory is... um... muddy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #367 on: August 27, 2007, 03:05:23 am »

Hee! It would be totally weird to meet my Doppelgänger, since I already have a twin.

Well, I meant why can't I be him, but whichever.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #368 on: August 27, 2007, 03:15:35 am »

linnea has a twin? is she single?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #369 on: August 27, 2007, 03:31:21 am »

linnea has a twin? is she single?

Uhh... A-CAP, linnea's twin sister Somebody nice posts here too - thought not quite as much.  They've both posted pictures of each other all over the board.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #370 on: August 27, 2007, 03:40:02 am »

Uhh... A-CAP, linnea's twin sister Somebody nice posts here too - thought not quite as much.  They've both posted pictures of each other all over the board.
Well, Kelli, sure. Somebody nice is Linnea.  Kelli is Kellichou.  The post ratio is about 200:1 in Somebody nice's favour at this point, I think.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #371 on: August 27, 2007, 04:05:27 am »

linnea has a twin? is she single?

Dude, I'm the resident alcoholic. Lay off the hooch and pay attention. If I can keep this shit straight, you shouldn't have any trouble at all - for Christ's sake, you're an intellectual or college student or some fuck*ng thing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #372 on: August 27, 2007, 04:56:04 am »

Dude, I'm the resident alcoholic. Lay off the hooch and pay attention. If I can keep this shit straight, you shouldn't have any trouble at all - for Christ's sake, you're an intellectual or college student or some fuck*ng thing.

Sorry.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #373 on: August 27, 2007, 05:06:49 am »

It's ok, it's just that I was here first and it's kind of my thing. You want it, we have to go Beyond Thunderdome. Two men enter, one man leaves.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #374 on: August 27, 2007, 05:14:16 am »

It's ok, it's just that I was here first and it's kind of my thing. You want it, we have to go Beyond Thunderdome. Two men enter, one man leaves.
Hmm, is the thing being the addled board member who can't keep the cast of characters in Wombat's mind straight, or perving after the state-hopping 28-year old volunteer firefighter?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 878   Go Up