Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348240 times)

0 Members and 202 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #390 on: August 28, 2007, 01:23:03 am »

I have teh internets! 

Aaaah...it finally feels like home. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #391 on: August 28, 2007, 01:55:07 am »

I have teh internets! 

Aaaah...it finally feels like home. 

Rock!

And also roll, if that appeals to you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #392 on: August 28, 2007, 02:28:08 am »

Oh man, that is the second time I've said Kellichou is Somebody nice.  It must be the twin thing.  Who sucks?  I do.

Yeah, Somebody nice posts at least 426 times more than I do. 

But yes, we're twins.  She's 5 minutes older (I guess I can blame that for her gains in posting??)
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #393 on: August 28, 2007, 02:38:30 am »

Well, she's had all that extra time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #394 on: August 28, 2007, 02:32:24 pm »

But Kelli's can to post ratio is so much higher.  I propose that the two of you fight it out Greco-Roman style.  It can be like pay-per-view.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #395 on: August 28, 2007, 03:16:06 pm »

But Kelli's can to post ratio is so much higher.  I propose that the two of you fight it out Greco-Roman style.  It can be like pay-per-view.

Will there be Jell-O?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #396 on: August 28, 2007, 05:04:49 pm »

But Kelli's can to post ratio is so much higher.  I propose that the two of you fight it out Greco-Roman style.  It can be like pay-per-view.

I can get behind this. I also would like to point out the proximity of two particular words in that post that will always work for me, under pretty much any conditions:

Kelli's can

Not to make a big, embarassing deal about it. I just really like cans.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #397 on: August 28, 2007, 07:17:53 pm »

yesterday: beer pong is way hard if you have no hand-eye coordination. Awkward small party at frat, then came back and read. Organizied my room a ton, raised the bed a few notches. Unfortunately, the amount of work is the same whether you move the bed up 1 notch or all the way. either way, I would have had to completely dismantle my room in order to have enough space to move the bed.

today:
go to a meeting about KWUR to learn about my new job. Learn absolutely nothing, but I didn't really know what questions to ask?
So basically what I accomplished was learning that I need to call promoters and tell them whether their CDs are "charting" (?) and such.
I learned that Nirvana played at KWUR Week right before they got huge, and they did an interview with some of the current DJs. There is a recording of this somewhere in the station.

Also: "We'll probably interview Animal Collective when they come. You can do the interview, if you want."


I also met my Film teacher, who asked, in quick succession: "Do you speak Italian?" and "Are you a film major?" I felt pretty bad having to say no to both.
Tomorrow: classes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #398 on: August 28, 2007, 07:20:58 pm »

My last batch had a spiked alcohol content which was not intended. The result was that I applied for a job with the Boston Beer Company (Sam Adams). Today I will try to figure out the most offensive most interesting flag i can put in my window to hide myself from the apartment building across the avenue.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #399 on: August 28, 2007, 08:17:51 pm »

I also met my Film teacher, who asked, in quick succession: "Do you speak Italian?" and "Are you a film major?" I felt pretty bad having to say no to both.
Tomorrow: classes.
Tell her that your Arabic will come in handy once the caliphate retakes Italy.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #400 on: August 28, 2007, 08:20:46 pm »

Today: Iggy and the Stooges, and filling in for the boss.

My last batch had a spiked alcohol content which was not intended. The result was that I applied for a job with the Boston Beer Company (Sam Adams). Today I will try to figure out the most offensive most interesting flag i can put in my window to hide myself from the apartment building across the avenue.

We have a nice 3'x5' rainbow flag hanging off the front of our house. This time home, I'm replacing it (for the season) with:
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #401 on: August 28, 2007, 08:49:38 pm »

There's a few other history folk around here who will probably rock you can for that one too.

Today on lunch I set up my spotting scope and picked out 2 bedded does with fawns on the north facing hillsides above my office parking lot. Several co-workers walked by with a funny look on their face so I put them on the eyepiece. They all thought it was really neat and we had nice chats about how close in the wildlife gets and how, with the weather and how late the rut was last year all the fawns dropped later than usual.

I didn't have the heart to tell them I was practicing identifying game for the Oct. 13th deer opener 'cause I'm twitchy to get out there and kill/eat bambi.

I can't imagine how you resisted just dropping that into the conversation just as they were turning to leave.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #402 on: August 29, 2007, 12:29:07 am »

I have eaten some venison, elk, and caribou in my day. However, when I was a little girl (I think i've told this story before?) my asshole white trash cousin went out hunting and illegally took two juvenile deer. He hung them off the clothesline tree at my grandmother's house. He took me out back and told me that he shot Bambi while pointing at the deer carcasses. >_<

SCARRED...FOR...LIIIIIIIIFE!
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #403 on: August 29, 2007, 12:43:59 am »

I have eaten some venison, elk, and caribou in my day. However, when I was a little girl (I think i've told this story before?) my asshole white trash cousin went out hunting and illegally took two juvenile deer. He hung them off the clothesline tree at my grandmother's house. He took me out back and told me that he shot Bambi while pointing at the deer carcasses. >_<

SCARRED...FOR...LIIIIIIIIFE!

Sometime in the early fall of 2002 AD four young college men went for a drive. When they returned to their campus they had a young doe in tow. With boy scout precision the animal was tied into a noose and thrown from a low tree. It died suddenly, or at least thats what they like to think these days, and it was drained of its fluids and inedible parts. The men let it rest there for the night. "it will be there in the morning and we can have venison steaks with our eggs in the morning."
Chaz noticed a strange flavor in his morning brew. It came steaming from his coffee pot as it did every morning but his starbucks organic blend did not taste just right this morning after the deer party. he thought maybe his creamer had curled, and inspected it while he looked over the empty body of the deer.
The eyes. The eyes of the deer. They glared at him from his coffee filter.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #404 on: August 29, 2007, 01:48:33 am »

Jesus, man! There's no call for that!

That's why I use a french press.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 878   Go Up