Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349247 times)

0 Members and 190 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #405 on: August 29, 2007, 02:27:27 am »

good god.

I, as a child, watched a fawn die from shock. That was pretty... upsetting. Even when it was dead, it was so tiny and beautiful and perfect.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #406 on: August 29, 2007, 03:16:30 am »

This thread is on an exponential curve, I hope my posting with no good story hasn't de-railed it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #407 on: August 29, 2007, 12:16:27 pm »

good god.

I, as a child, watched a fawn die from shock. That was pretty... upsetting. Even when it was dead, it was so tiny and beautiful and perfect.

*sobs quietly, Philippe-style*
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #408 on: August 29, 2007, 02:12:38 pm »

the worst part is that the deer was already injured, but the reason that it went into shock was that the dog hiking with us bit it and reopened the wound.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #409 on: August 29, 2007, 02:16:13 pm »

Oh man, I could tell such a dear hunting related story as to open my old wounds.  I'm not going to though.  It's way too sad a story.

Today, I'm gonna repress some traumatic memories - and maybe get a hair cut.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #410 on: August 29, 2007, 03:04:35 pm »

I hit a deer on my way home Saturday before last.  Sucked for it, sucked for me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #411 on: August 29, 2007, 07:04:55 pm »

the worst part is that the deer was already injured, but the reason that it went into shock was that the dog hiking with us bit it and reopened the wound.

No, no - I think we're done. I just need to get the check, if that's cool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #412 on: August 29, 2007, 07:09:06 pm »

Me: [finds $50 bill on the ground] Holy crap, its the best day of my life!
My grandfather: Do you know that Ive slept longer than youve lived?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #413 on: August 29, 2007, 08:22:06 pm »

today, i realized that so far every one of my professors has an accent.
I am pretty sure the Linguistics professor is german,
my Film teacher is... eastern european of some kind,
my psych professor is french, but his dad was british... basically he has like 3 accents combined
my spanish professor... only speaks in spanish,
my anthro professor has a NYC accent, and I know that hardly counts but it would break the trend!

so, yeah, I have a shitty shit Wednesday schedule, but tomorrow I only have one class.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #414 on: August 29, 2007, 09:28:52 pm »

Today I'm gonna... sit in a parking lot all day (Under the Fremont Bridge we discussed earlier) and watch GPS tracking units get installed into everyone's work trucks.

So glad I don't drive a company vehicle.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #415 on: August 29, 2007, 11:15:58 pm »

Me: [finds $50 bill on the ground] Holy crap, its the best day of my life!
My grandfather: Do you know that Ive slept longer than youve lived?

Your grandfather = awesome.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #416 on: August 31, 2007, 09:12:58 pm »

Today I walked by a guy who was wearing a counterfeit Calvin shirt where Calvin was wearing a Red Sox hat and peeing on a Yankees logo, so I stuck a pen into his eye and wrote 'fuck you' on his brain.

No jury in the world will convict me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #417 on: September 01, 2007, 01:47:45 am »

Shit man, I think we could arrange some kind of medal for that. Some fancy drinks, local officials, picture in the paper, the works.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #418 on: September 02, 2007, 05:08:27 pm »

...go watch the Padres beat get shut out by the Dodgers again.

(Edited to match what actually happened.  Dammit.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 07:09:37 am by Lister »
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #419 on: September 02, 2007, 05:55:48 pm »

Wuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk. And hope that the Monkeys are able to finish the Ninjas, since it seems like they've got an absentee owner.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 878   Go Up