Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348043 times)

0 Members and 190 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
In America its called Labor day
« Reply #435 on: September 03, 2007, 07:23:23 pm »

Today I will be denied by every business in the country because they are closed for a day honoring "Labor". Hey assholes, I labor plenty, now open your doors! So i cant deposit my paycheck, cant buy booze or cigarettes or guns. Instead I sit in my apartment, drinking some cider, preparing for the first day of classes. Maybe ill have to crack open my reserve can of snuff to hold off the shakes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #436 on: September 03, 2007, 07:31:04 pm »

I ended up leaving that. so, instead, I went to 3 parties all over st louis, all of which my friends decided to leave.

today, I am going to watch Taxi Driver, review some CDs for the radio station (technically it is my job to get other people to review them, so it would probably look good if I had ever reviewed a CD myself) and try to guess my password to get in and change my classes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: In America its called Labor day
« Reply #437 on: September 03, 2007, 07:44:27 pm »

Today I will be denied by every business in the country

A-CAP, you need to get out more. There are plenty of businesses open around here.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

mavies

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #438 on: September 04, 2007, 10:58:11 am »

Inspired by inev, ill be watching the sopranos and drinking every time someone gets hurt, killed, high, or fucked. double drinks when they drink.
I can't see that ending well. And by well, I mean with a fully functioning liver.

Today I'm going to do the first bit of work I've had for like 2 weeks or something. That is, if you consider writing an email work. Probably not. I'm also planning on drinking beer and playing my bass and doing some writing when I get home. Oh, what a life I lead.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #439 on: September 04, 2007, 11:54:54 pm »

Welshie - the qatari frown upon your sinful lifestyle against allah.

Today i walked around the village and saw more bongs and gay dudes than ive ever seen in my life. Why are gays and bongs so cohesive?
Then I picked up the RUDEST ukranian takeout. These pierogies had no manners at all, they were peeing in the sink.
Next, hall meeting and a trip to the anarchist bookstore.

Also- 555 posts. 555 little pieces of my life that ill never get back. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:01:01 am by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #440 on: September 05, 2007, 12:56:10 am »

oh shit, I think my "friend" (a guy I hate) goes to an anarchist bookstore in that area a lot. If you ever see a man in tight ##### and a black bandana with an effeminate voice who is saying something about how he hates the police, it is probably not him because there are 100s of him.
He goes to Pratt.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #441 on: September 05, 2007, 01:36:25 am »

I think someone's on his way to becoming a verb. 

inev (i'nev, v.) -- to have acquaintances in every major city; to be ubiquitous

The Inevitable: The Poor Man's Kevin Bacon. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #442 on: September 05, 2007, 01:41:01 am »

I like to think he just randomly makes up stories periodically in response to posts when it strikes his fancy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #443 on: September 05, 2007, 01:47:24 am »

I like to think he just randomly makes up stories periodically in response to posts when it strikes his fancy.

Nabus unrequited love has turned him against the young inev. Where once he posted hugs and kisses, now he posts venom and accusations.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #444 on: September 05, 2007, 01:48:29 am »

oh shit, I think my "friend" (a guy I hate) goes to an anarchist bookstore in that area a lot.

Presumably they sell cookbooks there?

(posting about an hour after I started because I got distracted by the damn intertubes
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #445 on: September 05, 2007, 01:50:21 am »

I mean, everyone I know is in college. Most of my close acquaintances go to college out of state.
I mean, I guess I will just say in advance, then:
I know people at A-CAP, WashU, UVA, Harvard, Yale, Brown, UNC, UNC(insert other city here), NC State, App State, USC, most small colleges in the carolinas, UGA, Ole Miss, Sweetbriar, UChicago, Smith, Sarah Lawrence, Drexel, BU, BC, Vassar....

I mean, why is it not OK to know a kid that lives in New York City? I feel like a lot of people know people that live there.

I just mentioned that kid because Anarchist and NYC combined make me think of him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #446 on: September 05, 2007, 01:52:24 am »

Strictly speaking, I'm sure I know people all over the fuck*ng place, I just don't know where they are.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #447 on: September 05, 2007, 01:55:45 am »

Strictly speaking, I'm sure I know people all over the fuck*ng place, I just don't know where they are.

because theyre either on this board or in your head you flipping whackjob.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #448 on: September 05, 2007, 01:58:53 am »

because theyre either on this board or in your head you flipping whackjob.

You aren't just pissed because you couldn't keep your cool-looking '555' total posts and still be a presence on the board, are you?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #449 on: September 05, 2007, 02:00:11 am »

I think that most of us are far enough removed from high school that all the people who went to far-flung colleges and universities have fallen off our social radars, and we don't know where they are any more. 

Plus, I didn't have but a handful of friends that I knew well enough to care where they went.  Most of them went away for a while, and then came back to the Raleigh area when they graduated.  So I have friends who *used to* live in all kinds of interesting places -- but they're all regular people now. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 878   Go Up