Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349346 times)

0 Members and 183 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #450 on: September 05, 2007, 02:30:50 am »

yeah, see, facebook fixes that so much.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #451 on: September 05, 2007, 02:53:48 am »

I HATE Facebook.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #452 on: September 05, 2007, 03:39:57 am »

i love it a ton.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #453 on: September 05, 2007, 03:48:09 am »

facebook is a necessary evil. As for the bookstore, yes the anarchist cookbook was there, next to the "cooking" section ironically (dont ask me why the anarchist bookstore here has a cooking section). The brand of anarchy there is the most wrongest flavor of anarchy, its that whole workers of the world unite stuff (read: noam chomsky). So I ended buying this really nifty 2000 page condensed history of the world paperback.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #454 on: September 05, 2007, 05:41:41 am »

...I ended buying this really nifty 2000 page condensed history of the world paperback.

How's that working out for you?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #455 on: September 05, 2007, 05:54:39 am »

Facebook has a better interface than MySpace. However, that's like saying that Proust was a better writer than V.C. Andrews. Ain't hard to do, folks.

It is Wednesday here in Denver (almost). Today I'm gonna go for a kickass job interview that I really hope I get. Keep your fingers crossed for meee!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #456 on: September 05, 2007, 12:10:45 pm »

So I ended buying this really nifty 2000 page condensed history of the world paperback.

Oh, I think I read that one.  Don't worry, I won't spoil the ending.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #457 on: September 05, 2007, 01:51:46 pm »

Facebook has a better interface than MySpace. However, that's like saying that Proust was a better writer than V.C. Andrews. Ain't hard to do, folks.

I don't know, I always thought Proust was a little thin on the incest front.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #458 on: September 05, 2007, 02:10:45 pm »

The brand of anarchy there is the most wrongest flavor of anarchy, its that whole workers of the world unite stuff (read: noam chomsky).

Marx is rolling -- no, flailing -- in his grave. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #459 on: September 06, 2007, 07:43:30 pm »

Apropos of nothing...

Hey Keith Hernandez!  If you haven't already seen this, take a look:

I'm particularly fond of the Chief Wahoo on his shin.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #460 on: September 06, 2007, 11:02:50 pm »

Awesome.


Yesterday I was cutting my grass that the roommate let grow like 4 feet tall (before I moved in).  I ended up cutting of a outside water line and having to cap it.  I broke the pipe though, so tomorrow I have to dig like 2 feet into the ground and cap it again.  It took like 4 hours just to do the first thing.  Yay.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #461 on: September 07, 2007, 12:52:18 am »

Today I checked out 16 books and printed out ten articles for my two theses.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #462 on: September 07, 2007, 01:12:03 am »

Today I walked from my new house to the local library and checked out three board books for my son.  Pedro got two audiobooks and a book-book.  The walk took twenty five minutes each way but was very pleasant.  We could probably have made it in fifteen but we stopped and looked at stuff.  It's really, really nice to be able to walk someplace from my home.  I haven't lived in a place like that since I was a kid. 

I know all the rest of you people are total urbanites and probably don't even own cars, but the irony here is that I had to move from the city to the suburbs to be able to get anywhere on foot. 

That part of the day was nice.  Most of the rest of it blew. 

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 01:09:21 pm by jldunston »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #463 on: September 07, 2007, 03:49:12 am »

"cock one-two. cock one-two. Is this thing on?"

Still broken, I see. And interestingly, it changes the capitals to lower-case.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #464 on: September 07, 2007, 03:59:27 am »

today I went to classes, and was informed that my Poli Sci professor (who I am in love with) likes me because I used a superman analogy. I realized that IPA will let me try to transcribe cool accents. I got my Poli Sci textbooks, and they make me feel smart just by sitting near them (Aristotle, Plato, Hobbes, Rousseau... etc.) I put up a few posters. I went to the radio station to get CDs for people to review, and realized that several new CDs were missing. Did some record-keeping type stuff, sent out emails, etc. Encouraged a cute girl I have only met once to join KWUR, and debated inviting her to a party my floor is having.
I drove around with my friend Karl for a while, and bought some salami which I later used to make some quesadillas. One was burnt, the other two were under-cooked. I was told there was no kitchen in this building, so I used the one in my old dorm. That person was wrong, there is one. Oh well.
Now I am cleaning my room up, folding laundry, and listening to Wu Tang Clan.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 878   Go Up