Today I'm gonna go out to dinner because black ants have taken over my kitchen. They are literally marching from one end of the counter to the other. I put out Terro and sprayed the hell out of the ones who had found a sauce drip in my spoonrest, and cleaned up a large number of carcasses, but they're still coming in and I'm not cooking in there tonight. They're coming in from at least three places, so we're dealing with multiple colonies, at least one of which is, I'm pretty sure, in the wall between our town house and the next one.
Two weeks in the new place and we're overrun with pests. This is not poor housekeeping. This is managerial negligence. They just had an exterminator here last week. What the hell did she do, put breadcrumbs behind the appliances?
We called maintenance and they can't send anyone over 'til tomorrow. So we're eating out tonight, which we can't really afford, and I'm going to have to throw away a perfectly good tray of pork chops.
But! Tomorrow I go to the doctor for my 20-week ultrasound, so after 4:30 I will know my baby's name with 95% accuracy. So tomorrow will probably suck less than today.