Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348891 times)

0 Members and 216 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #585 on: September 21, 2007, 01:17:49 am »

Well, I've just come home from a cracking last night at the pub before returning to uni to receive an e-mail telling me that a much-loved member of my college has died. No details, no reasons, just that he was... and now he isn't. So I guess sooner or later today I'll be experiencing that bit of news again through a sober mind.

Won't that be fuck*ng fun.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 01:21:57 am by Ruta Bagas »
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #586 on: September 21, 2007, 03:42:09 am »

Jesus H. Christ on a pushbike. I have poor impulse control. I'm now the proud owner of an 80g silver iPod.

I was checking 'em out on craigslist and got really incensed when I saw all these jagoffs that were trying to sell their used 60G iPods for $300. Sorry, douche, but I can get a brand new 80G one for $249. They didn't like hearing that very much. Fuck you, cheap bastards, and your shitty used iPods! I got a new one, bitches!

Kellichou is gonna get my 4G pink nano. I hope she likes it.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #587 on: September 21, 2007, 02:54:59 pm »

Today I'm gonna avoid work as much as possible.  Seriously, working blows.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #588 on: September 21, 2007, 03:06:49 pm »

today I'm going to finish a film paper (ie: right now, before it is due at noon). Then, I have film class. Then, I have Human Ev, where the professor is giving a lecture he is known for on campus. Apparently you have to get there early because a ton of people who aren't in the class come. The lecture is about why creation science is hooey, basically.

after that, I will come back and sleep. Tonight, I will most likely find something diverting to do.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #589 on: September 21, 2007, 04:00:32 pm »

Today I'm going to follow The Mayor's plan. I delivered big time this week and now it's time to regroup.

I'm also going to return the call I got from DF&G with crossed fingers. Usually a 'no' is mailed, so a phone call gives me some hopes. If you hear a faint 'whooopeee' blowing on the wind about 9:05AM PST, that's me.

Is DF&G the Department of giraffe and Game? Did you apply for some sort of wacky hunting permit that requires a governor's approval before it can be issued?
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #590 on: September 21, 2007, 04:31:35 pm »

Jesus H. Christ on a pushbike. I have poor impulse control. I'm now the proud owner of an 80g silver iPod.

If you're gonna have poor impulse control,the iPod-acquiring kind is the best to have.  My 80 is pretty much my favorite possession.  Good on you.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #591 on: September 21, 2007, 05:04:10 pm »

Yes. Well, not quite to the Govenator's level, but still. You might have heard the 'whooopeee' wafting on the wind. I've been doing all the agreement filings to access some utility lease land. I just paid for a black bear tag and an either sex deer tag to go with my buck tag. I guess I'm going to use all my vacation up from Oct. 13 to Nov. 11.

Hey, at least you let the impulse control go in a good direction!

I was guessing elk. Around here those licenses are given out by lottery because there's too much demand.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #592 on: September 21, 2007, 05:05:00 pm »

I was guessing elk. Around here those licenses are given out by lottery because there's too much demand.

We have ELK?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #593 on: September 21, 2007, 05:06:55 pm »

We have ELK?

By "around here" I mean WV
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #594 on: September 21, 2007, 07:32:25 pm »

Today, I'm mostly going to loaf. I've had a productive, taxing week, and this is my reward.

Also, my birthday is tomorrow, and I have no idea what to do for it. What do you do for the 24th, anyway? Keep in mind I have no friends in town and am not keen on going out drinking alone.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #595 on: September 21, 2007, 07:35:41 pm »

We have elk in KY.  The herd is apparently doing well and they're giving out more tags each year.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #596 on: September 21, 2007, 07:41:18 pm »

Hemmorhagic fever diseases never really go away.

Tell me about it.  Just when I think I've finally kicked my Marburg for good, I start getting that ol' familiar maculopapular rash, most prominent on the trunk (chest, back, stomach).  Then I know it's just a hop, skip and jump until nausea, vomiting, chest pain, a sore throat, abdominal pain, and diarrhea then may appear.  At least it gives me plenty of time to notify my boss that I'll most likely be out for a few days due to jaundice, inflammation of the pancreas, severe weight loss, delirium, shock, liver failure, and multi-organ dysfunction.

If only I could remember not to handle infected monkeys and come in direct contact with their fluids or cell cultures quite so often!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #597 on: September 21, 2007, 08:23:38 pm »

Also, my birthday is tomorrow, and I have no idea what to do for it. What do you do for the 24th, anyway?

I wish I could help you but I can't remember being 24.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #598 on: September 21, 2007, 08:53:10 pm »

Go to an arcade and play all the games you want, never considering money at all.

You would be surprised how pleasant a birthday thing this is to do.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #599 on: September 21, 2007, 09:10:39 pm »

I don't think I did anything for my 24th birthday.  Or wait, was that the year Pedro threw me a big party and arranged for me to call a bunch of you guys?  I think that was the 25th because I was hugely pregnant for my 26th and I think the Achewood year was the last big bash before The Kid arrived. 

I think on my 24th birthday I worked, and probably went to my Mom's house for dinner.  She probably made pot roast over egg noodles and mashed potatoes and served it with dinner rolls -- my annual birthday starchfest.  (She used to make this all the time when I was growing up, we lived in the midwest and nobody had heard of Dr. Atkins yet.) 

I recommend finding a food you love, and eating lots of it.  If you're alone, all the better -- no sharing. 

Rent a movie you like that nobody will watch with you and yuck it up (or cry yourself to sleep, depending on your tastes).  Better yet, call your best friend and convince her (or him) to rent the same movie and watch it with you over the phone.  It is like a pajama party except that you don't have to clean your apartment or blow up the airbed. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 878   Go Up