Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349720 times)

0 Members and 150 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #735 on: October 12, 2007, 11:07:59 pm »

Quote
I didn't realize your mom used that euphemism!

Well... it would have been weirder if you did know that.

She also says people are "on the bus."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #736 on: October 12, 2007, 11:15:31 pm »

My stepmom sent me a really cute picture today, so I threw it up on my Flickr page. It's a Scottish Fold that looks similar to Milan, one of my little dudes.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #737 on: October 12, 2007, 11:25:35 pm »

Well... it would have been weirder if you did know that.

She also says people are "on the bus."

Can you talk your mom into registering for an account here?  She sounds awesome. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #738 on: October 12, 2007, 11:55:35 pm »

that would be... a horrible idea?

She doesn't like comics, or cartoons. She would hate Ray and Roast Beef equally. She is the person who...
when she read Harry Potter, she almost stopped reading it because Snape was so mean. I said "but he's the villain!' and she said "i know. but that doesn't make it OK for him to be such an unfair jerk all the time."
Other things she doesn't like:
folk, folk-rock, country music, punk (it all sounds the same!), jazz (it's so boring!)...
also, she has a PhD, is from Chile (but is now a US citizen), cooks wonderfully, is pretty, and is nice. She is my mom, as well as the mom of my brother and sister.

Also she is going to be here really soon! As in... their plane just landed! yayy family.

Today my parents and siblings are getting here, and we are going out to dinner. I do not know where.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #739 on: October 13, 2007, 12:00:57 am »

She doesn't have to read the cartoon.  She can just hang out and be smart with us.  Half of us don't read the strip anymore, anyway. 

I stopped reading a Garfield book when I was eight because Garfield was too mean to Jon.  He broke a priceless Ming vase just to be spiteful.  I got really upset and stopped reading and never really got into Garfield after that. 

Sometimes mean is funny, and sometimes it's just mean. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #740 on: October 13, 2007, 12:02:04 am »

yeah, I'm sure she would really enjoy reading all of my posts about sexing and smooching and all of that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #741 on: October 13, 2007, 12:06:21 am »

yeah, I'm sure she would really enjoy reading all of my posts about sexing and smooching and all of that.

If I were your mom, I would be proud of you for being a Gentleman. 

Hell, I'm NOT your mom and I'm proud.  You are a Quality Dude. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #742 on: October 13, 2007, 03:07:32 am »

so, yeah. They came. It was cool. Now they left to go sleep, because they are tired. UM, I asked them to bring me t-shirts, and my dad said "oh yeah there was that pile of shirts you wanted to bring but didn't have room for, I will bring those," and then brought all the shirts I have never worn and never want to wear (crappy t-shirts from tourist attractions, etc. there are literally 4 Hard Rock Cafe t-shirts) Oops! We went out to dinner and I had salmon, which was nice. Tomorrow we are going to a really good Italian place.

Now we are going to have a meeting about... this kid that just suddenly dropped out, possibly because his parents are mad that he isn't pre-med.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 06:53:02 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #743 on: October 14, 2007, 01:34:16 pm »

and then brought all the shirts I have never worn and never want to wear (crappy t-shirts from tourist attractions, etc. there are literally 4 Hard Rock Cafe t-shirts)

Yeah, I've got four or five HRC shirts too. For a while I was collecting them - it was my plan to get as many as possible. I believe I was in high school at the time. I've been to the one in Atlanta, Baltimore, Washington DC, Niagara Falls NY, Niagara Falls ONT, and St. Louis. I don't have all of them anymore. HRC shirts make good shirts when you're bumming around the house and then need to go to Wal-Mart and don't want to change.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #744 on: October 14, 2007, 08:50:34 pm »

today I'm gonna eat a steak dinner and then go to the State Fair. 

The Fair is a big deal around here.  Like, HUGE.  People travel for hours to get here.  I don't even know if Ohio *had* a state fair, but it wasn't a thing (at least in my neck of the woods).  We had a county fair growing up, but it was -- for lack of better terminology -- lame. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what deep-fried atrocities they have this year.  The deep-fried candy bars are a classic at this point; last year the most disgusting thing I could find were the deep-fried oreos.  I hear that this year some vendors are hawking deep-fried PB&J sandwiches.  I can only imagine what that's like. 

Thirteen years ago, Mom picked up a bunch of my friends and drove us to the state fair for the afternoon.  We must've had the day off school (the local schools close for the opening day of the fair every year).  She later told me that as soon as that blonde-haired boy got in the car, she knew he liked me.  It was the first time Pedro met my mother and the first time we hung out after school.  We both had other dates, but by some chance they both had to be home early so when the group went for coffee afterwards we had a chance to talk for the first time.  I think that's when we first exchanged phone numbers. 

So the fair is sort of a sentimental thing for us.  Sort of.  Vaguely. 

But mostly, you know.  Deep-fried monstrosities. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #745 on: October 14, 2007, 09:41:57 pm »

man.

this girl in my linguistics class is from Raleigh, and she came up to me... and we had the following conversation.

Hey! dan! I'm going home this weekend!
oh. that's nice.
Um... you know. This weekend. THIS WEEKEND!
Is there something going on in Raleigh?
THE STATE FAIR!
oh. we have one? there's an NC state fair?
Yes! we... we do! god... goddamnit! and I'm going!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #746 on: October 14, 2007, 09:45:06 pm »

I went to the NY State Fair once.

Basically just because Steely Dan was playing the grandstand that night.

Steely Dan was great! The rest... eh. I was mostly there for the concert.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #747 on: October 14, 2007, 11:37:42 pm »

We're basically disappointed whenever you have a conversation with a lady at school and it doesn't lead to makeouts, at this point. You've made your bed and you're lying in it alone.

This could've led to makeouts.

It could've. That's the whole point of college. Nearly anything can lead to makeouts.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #748 on: October 14, 2007, 11:42:49 pm »

Yeah, um, I don't know about that.

Also, I forgot, today my parents and siblings left. We went to the St Louis zoo, which ruled. My parents continued to try to buy me stuff I don't want or need, which continued to make me uncomfortable. They alternate making me feel guilty by mentioning how poor they were in college, and trying to give me money.

Yesterday night we went to this Italian place on The Hill, which is the Italian part of St Louis (where Yogi Berra is from). It was the most delicious Italian food I have eaten in my entire life. It was also semi-cheap, which makes me want to go back there constantly. For lunch we went to this little Jewish deli which... has this kosher salami that...
2 slices of wheat bread, 1 slice of munster cheese, about an inch thick of salami, mustard. heated. greatest sandwich I have had in my life.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #749 on: October 15, 2007, 12:35:31 am »



Yesterday night we went to this Italian place on The Hill,

Which one?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 878   Go Up