Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349833 times)

0 Members and 139 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #840 on: October 27, 2007, 07:22:27 am »

so, the party turned into this:
-I showed up, shaved and with my contacts in (for me, this is the height of getting Done Up)
-a really cute girl, who... I have no idea why she was there... went on a thing how she liked guys with glasses and stubble (i shit you not.)
-the paranoid/(there isn't a word for optimistically suspicious) part of me is thinking that... originally this one chick was coming to the party with my friend Dylan, and he told me she liked me, and I said "egh, she's cool and all..." and then said that this second girl was cute, and then she came and the first one didn't?
-the party was really intense for like 2 hours after all those people drank all their beers. then everyone simultaneously felt sick/tired and left.
then we came back here and watched old episodes of The Simpsons. I know this is some kind of cultural blasphemy, but I had never really enjoyed the simpsons at all until tonight. that show is so good. the early ones are so different... nuts.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #841 on: October 27, 2007, 04:00:09 pm »

Today I'm gonna go to work.  And tomorrow, same deal.  Next day? 12 hours.  Then I'm gonna repeat that pattern.  Apparently we can't push a ship date back because marketing has already had things with the date printed.  Thanks marketing!  I'm sure you'll be helping clean up the mess you made instead of having launch parties and going home early.

NOT BITTER
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #842 on: October 27, 2007, 04:43:59 pm »

Im going on a hunt for game meats at dean and delucas to cook up nicely and some fried frog legs. Then Ill work on stats regressions until I demand beer.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #843 on: October 27, 2007, 05:37:54 pm »

then we came back here and watched old episodes of The Simpsons. I know this is some kind of cultural blasphemy, but I had never really enjoyed the simpsons at all until tonight. that show is so good. the early ones are so different... nuts.

Damn, man, what were you watching during your childhood to miss out?
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #844 on: October 27, 2007, 07:29:54 pm »

my mom wouldn't let me watch The Simpsons, and I was that one kid in the world who thought there must be a good reason for that and never tried to watch it on the sly.
when I finally did see some episodes, it was generally "oh, hah, I guess that's pretty funny."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #845 on: October 27, 2007, 09:36:15 pm »

I made $50 on the Breeders Cup so far today, 10 minutes till post on the last race. If I hit the daily double its a champagne fiesta.

Edit: Champagne Fiesta with the 5 layer dip, hombre
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 10:08:13 pm by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #846 on: October 27, 2007, 10:56:15 pm »

speaking of partying, didn't you say at one point that you might come to St Louis to interview with Anheuser-Busch? Is that happening?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #847 on: October 28, 2007, 03:11:48 am »

Today I'm gonna not go to a Halloween party at my sister-in-law's like I planned, because Pedro thought it started at 6 and it didn't start 'til 9:30.  I'd already booked a babysitter (my parents) for 6 - 10 so we went to dinner and watched part of the Raleigh Zombie Walk instead.  Now Pedro's at the party without me.  We figured if only one of us could go, it should be him, since he is able to drink alcohol and he doesn't have a thesis to write.  Also, he likes people. 

For Pete's sake.  How are people with kids supposed to attend a party that doesn't even start until bedtime?  I mean, if she'd been like "I'm having this party but it's OK if you can't come," that would have been one thing.  But she was all, "You HAVE to come to my Halloween party, and you HAVE to dress up, oh by the way no kids."  Apparently when Pedro called to tell her I wouldn't be able to come she was a little upset. 

Sigh.  Someday she'll have kids, I guess.  Maybe by then mine will be old enough that I can have parties she can't come to. 

Bitter?  Me? 

Nah. 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #848 on: October 28, 2007, 03:25:25 am »

Today I went to the beach, discovered I have almost completely lost the ability to body surf and had an sausage from a local charity's sausage sizzle and an icecream with nuts.
Pretty good overall.

Tomorrow I'm going to be unpacking all the stuff from my lab at work that we spent the last week packing. I think this is going to turn out to involve Issues since there isn't nearly as much chemical storage space in the new lab as in the old one.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #849 on: October 28, 2007, 06:00:31 am »

I just got home from Emma Pollock/New Pornographers. I'm always wired after concerts so it will be a while before I can go to bed.

Tomorrow: The Weakerthans!

Monday: FDA inspection at work!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #850 on: October 28, 2007, 08:04:28 am »

I just got home from Emma Pollock/New Pornographers. I'm always wired after concerts so it will be a while before I can go to bed.

Oh, man, I saw that ticket while I was in Boston, and it was wicked. I need an Emma Pollock CD like whoa.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #851 on: October 28, 2007, 02:15:41 pm »

  Apparently when Pedro called to tell her I wouldn't be able to come she was a little upset. 

Sigh.  Someday she'll have kids, I guess.

Well I hope she grows up quite a bit first.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #852 on: October 28, 2007, 04:02:49 pm »

Oh, man, I saw that ticket while I was in Boston, and it was wicked. I need an Emma Pollock CD like whoa.

It's only like $2. What is there to lose?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #853 on: October 28, 2007, 05:17:09 pm »

It's only like $2. What is there to lose?

Well it's about fuckin' time.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #854 on: October 28, 2007, 07:59:17 pm »

Right now I am listening to the New Pornographers DC show here
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15333436

Maybe you had to be there, but you know, they don't seem all that great live. Which doesn't surprise me, because their music always struck me as being in large part about perfect studio production.

On the bright side, this means I don't feel bad about missing them. (In contrast, I have a list of friends who I will never forgive because no one would go with me to see Bruce Springsteen. So this is a good thing)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 878   Go Up