Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349200 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #870 on: October 30, 2007, 10:56:46 pm »

sing it, gals! *entire message board space starts dancing, making motions signifying pushing a man away, and singing along*
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #871 on: October 31, 2007, 01:08:26 am »

sing it, gals! *entire message board space starts dancing, making motions signifying pushing a man away, and singing along*

Followed by the rest of us guys in a rousing chorus of "There ain't nothing like a Dame". Inev, you wear the coconut bra and hula skirt.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #872 on: October 31, 2007, 01:30:32 am »

nothing in the WORLD!

Dawg, nothing looks like a dame. Nothing cooks like a dame. There are no books like a dame.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #873 on: October 31, 2007, 01:35:11 am »

Today I'm gonna post this link here because I can't think of a better place.
http://www.foundmagazine.com/find/1689
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #874 on: October 31, 2007, 01:36:19 am »

nothing in the WORLD!

Dawg, nothing looks like a dame. Nothing cooks like a dame. There are no books like a dame.

Nothing.....in the... worrrrrrld....has a soft and wavy frame.....like the silhouette of a dame!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #875 on: October 31, 2007, 02:09:58 am »

Nothing is this world can stop us tonight!
I can do what she can do so much better!....

Oh, god... I'm so sorry.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #876 on: October 31, 2007, 12:53:38 pm »

Sean Connery's first screen roll you know.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #877 on: October 31, 2007, 07:08:01 pm »

i think id regret it if I didnt get drunk and enjoy the village halloween parade. Its supposed to be epic. The only problem I see is that given the location and the people that attend it, and the modern propensity for sexy costumes, I could break some kind of primal circuit trying to figure out if I should be turned on or not - not knowing what is woman and what is man dressed as woman.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #878 on: October 31, 2007, 08:41:58 pm »

If Nabu were here, he'd give you A Talking To, you know.

"If it turns you on, why worry about labels? Just go up and see if he or she will let you fuck and worry about the definitions later."

I... I'm not that good a replacement for Nabu, I know. But I'm all we've got right now.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #879 on: October 31, 2007, 10:00:40 pm »

Tonight I'm packing to go to the Virginia Film Festival. 3 days of Kin Flicks.

And of course my office announced that tomorrow they're closing at noon to send the staff bowling as a fun activity. They couldn't do this while I'm not on vacation?
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #880 on: October 31, 2007, 10:57:32 pm »

Tonight I'm packing to go to the Virginia Film Festival. 3 days of Kin Flicks.

And of course my office announced that tomorrow they're closing at noon to send the staff bowling as a fun activity. They couldn't do this while I'm not on vacation?
One guy disappears for three days to watch movie, the whole office goes bowling on office time... your office is a beacon of American industrialism.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #881 on: October 31, 2007, 11:35:00 pm »

HM. Today I wore my Potential Freshman costume and everyone asked me if I had a job interview or something. We watched Il Posto in film class and I freaked out heavily about how good it was. We're talking... talking too fast to be understood about specific shots to someone who has not seen the movie and doesn't care about film. She was nice about it, though? In two of my classes (the film class and my crazy psych/philosophy class) students got in insanely complex arguments with the professors with a lot of words I didn't understand
"the ontological quality of the film... really precludes classifying it as neorealist. Doesn't the teleology contradict the supposed ideological underpinnings?"
"well, really, the issue of personhood vis-a-vis biographical self-concept can't really be applied without considering theory of mind, as well as self-consciousness... in a way that necessarily excludes merely sentient animals."

Um, I had a huge crush on the girl in Il Posto. Not a girl in my class-- the character in the movie.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #882 on: October 31, 2007, 11:48:44 pm »

One guy disappears for three days to watch movie, the whole office goes bowling on office time... your office is a beacon of American industrialism.
Maybe you'd be surprised that much of the world is astonished at the American work ethic?  The Japanese may have us beat, but I think we have a better quality of life.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #883 on: October 31, 2007, 11:56:14 pm »

really? I have been told by so many people that we're lazy and everyone hates us for this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #884 on: November 01, 2007, 12:24:39 am »

One guy disappears for three days to watch movie, the whole office goes bowling on office time... your office is a beacon of American industrialism.

Hey, it's not like my company tries to make a profit or anything. And we surprisingly don't close for any of the wuss holidays like most companies around here do.

As for American laziness, don't we get way way less vacation than European workers? I get 5 weeks, which as I understand it is very generous. Either way I'm going to use every last minute of it.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 878   Go Up