Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349193 times)

0 Members and 198 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #915 on: November 04, 2007, 01:49:47 am »

I feel a thousand percent better when I've been working out.
QFT.  Although, even waiting to start at that time until after Daylight Savings ends, that is a brutally early time to be hitting the gym (since presumably it isn't down the hall from your bedroom - so you're getting up even earlier)  Somehow I thought you weren't a morning person?  If not - you're dooming your resolution by picking that time.  IMHO.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #916 on: November 04, 2007, 02:56:22 am »

QFT.  Although, even waiting to start at that time until after Daylight Savings ends, that is a brutally early time to be hitting the gym (since presumably it isn't down the hall from your bedroom - so you're getting up even earlier)  Somehow I thought you weren't a morning person?  If not - you're dooming your resolution by picking that time.  IMHO.


Well, I am a night owl but I also like getting up and gettin' shit DONE. Believe me, I've looked at this thang ten ways from Sunday and the best, primo time for me to work out is in the morning. I won't have time during the rest of the day. Currently I'm trying to work out during lunchtime on this ancient shittay treadmill they have at work, but that doesn't give me enough time. It also makes me feel like I'm a disgusting, sweaty wreck for the rest of the damn day, even if I try to reapply my makeup. This way I'll be able to take a long, cool shower and get fully ready for the day in privacy.

When I was taking sleep meds, I routinely worked out at 10PM, came home, showered, took my meds and slept like a baby for 8 hours. Since I do not take sleep medication anymore, I can't do that. Working out that late will totally screw my sleep schedule. Also, the gym is going to be hell of crowded after work, but if the 5:30AM thing doesn't work out, I could always try doing that instead. Working out in the AM is great because it wakes you up and stokes your metabolism for the day ahead. Plus I don't drink coffee, so this will help get me going in the morning.

The plan is to wake up slightly earlier than normal (5:15AM), put on my gym clothes, and drive over there (fortunately it's about one mile from my house). I will work out for 30-45 minutes, then drive home and take a shower. I'll have enough time to get ready and then leave my house by 7:25 for the morning commute to work. That is a MAJOR BONUS POINT for me... I cannot fathom trying to take a shower in a public gym shower, then try to blowdry my hair and apply makeup in the grody gym bathroom with all these irritating ladies gettin' in my way. Just thinking about doing that makes my blood pressure rise. No, I've gotta be able to shower and primp in utter privacy each morning.

It will be slightly rushed every morning, and it would be MUCH nicer if the gym opened at 5 instead of 5:30...but hey, I've gotta take what I can get.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #917 on: November 04, 2007, 05:43:22 am »

Well, God bless you and good luck on your new routine.

Personally, I've found the only surefire way for me to stick with an exercise routine is
   A)  Have it be between work and home.  Diversion off the primary axis of my life is the surest path to falling off priority.
   B)  Have people who expect you to be there.  Being missed/noticed appears to be an important part of my psyche.

Membership at a martial arts club has been the key to meeting these requirements.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #918 on: November 04, 2007, 08:26:22 pm »

hm. Today I'm going to clean the fuck out of my room. It is a really gross mess. I just found out that we are putting new carpet into our house (at home) and so my parents and siblings are taking everything from my room out. I have a weird feeling like they are going to find something they don't want to find, but I can't for the life of me think of what it could be.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #919 on: November 04, 2007, 08:45:06 pm »

I get that feeling every time my mom walks into my bedroom. 

Then again, the stuff she would not want to find isn't exactly well-hidden.  I figure, if someone's snooping around in the top drawer of my nightstand, they deserve whatever they get.  There's no reason for anyone but me to be going in there.  (Well, Pedro too, I suppose.) 

When we moved I almost forgot to take the under-bed wrist and ankle restraints out from under my mattress before my Dad came to help disassemble furniture.  That would have been a nightmare.  I'd imagine Mom could overlook the odd stray vibrator, but if Dad had an inkling that his little princess likes to be tied up he would probably have a stroke and die right then and there. 

Apparently one time we left a tube of K-Y when we were staying with them for Christmas.  It fell out of the sheets when he went to strip the bed.  Mom said she came running into the guest room because she heard a shriek, and Dad was just standing there, frozen, with a sheet in his hand and a tube of K-Y at his feet. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #920 on: November 04, 2007, 09:20:53 pm »

Well, uhm, maybe it was less that he was prudish, more that he didn't wanna get anywhere near his daughter's... lady gravy?

I'm not a father, I might not ever be a father and I'm no prude about people bein' Into Things but... man. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't wanna be nowhere near one of my children's... juices.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #921 on: November 04, 2007, 09:27:04 pm »

yeah, um, if I found anyone's KY jelly I would feel weird. Much less my daughter or son or, say, sibling. I mean, I guess it would be different maybe if they were married, but... still.

I think any level of grossed-out-itude is acceptable when it's your baby girl.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #922 on: November 04, 2007, 09:28:29 pm »

Prudes
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #923 on: November 04, 2007, 09:40:23 pm »

Finding a hot lady to whom I am not related and who I know was simply using it herself or possibly with another lady... finding her KY?

I dunno. It'd be kinda hot in that accidentally seeing a cute girl's shirt do a nipple slip kinda way.

Creepy if you're going out of your way to find it, kinda hot if it was on genuine accident.

Clearly, though, the relation thing puts it RIGHT out the window.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #924 on: November 04, 2007, 11:34:49 pm »

Prudes
Keith thinks finding his relation's sex toys is totally hot.
Keith has some issues to work through.

Creepy if you're going out of your way to find it, kinda hot if it was on genuine accident.
Actually it would only be creepy for the owner, if you were the person going out of your way to find someone's sex toys the act of finding them would have to be hot for you. For that matter walking in on someone who has discovered your sex toys would almost certainly be creepy regardless of their motivations.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #925 on: November 04, 2007, 11:38:26 pm »

I dunno, though, D.

Maybe I'm just a little twisted but... if I owned sex things and they were found by someone I was attracted to, there would be a momentary thrill in... in the hopes that this would turn into a Penthouse Letters page situation.

If it didn't, it would be definitely mortifying but... if I was attracted to the person that found them, there would be at least a half-second moment of turn-on, in the hopes that she wanted to use these things with me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #926 on: November 05, 2007, 12:52:39 am »

I'm not saying my dad's reaction was unwarranted.  I'm just saying that the idea of him being rendered immobile by a tube of K-Y would be like nothing compared to him finding some of the stuff I've got in my "Special Drawer." 

Is all. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #927 on: November 05, 2007, 12:55:49 am »

"Now, honey, I found this... midget woman living in your dresser doors..."

"Oh, Dad, you weren't supposed to see that."

"Is she your... maid, maybe?"

"Not exac-"

"Because she's DRESSED like a maid. Please, honey, please tell me she's your maid."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #928 on: November 05, 2007, 02:26:49 am »

Yeah, I was kind of joking but people have sex!  Even if they are related to you.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #929 on: November 05, 2007, 04:21:39 am »

One day I'm going to see an item made by Coach that doesn't look like it should come free with a $30 Clinique purchase. Their sunglasses are especially bad. I mean, at least they didn't pick an inherently fugly calling card like Burbury's (sp?) plaid, but Coach's designers either have no idea what they're doing or are playing a huge prank on everybody.

Anyway.

Today I'm catching up on 3 days of internet after my film festival. John Turturo was there, but his two movies sold out in like 9 seconds. I did get to see a Joe Strummer bio and a neat 30-minute documentary about a guy leaving an office job to work at the family Halal butcher. Oh, and Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, which is basically 90 minutes of Marisa Tomei topless.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 878   Go Up