Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349720 times)

0 Members and 150 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #990 on: November 09, 2007, 11:16:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure she was taking each needle out of a fresh package... although I can't swear to this since I was afraid to look at them.

All acupuncturists use fresh needles for every patient. Don't scare her, you guys!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #991 on: November 09, 2007, 11:20:13 pm »

To tell you the truth, if it just works because of the placebo effect, that's fine with me.  The placebo effect is probably the most effective things medicine has to offer - don't knock it.
Oh I wasn't the placebo effect is the bomb, I'm not even saying that's how acupuncture works, you just reminded me of it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #992 on: November 09, 2007, 11:28:14 pm »

Oh I wasn't the placebo effect is the bomb, I'm not even saying that's how acupuncture works, you just reminded me of it.
people still say "the bomb" ? Next doc will claim that herbology is "all that and a bag of chips".
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #993 on: November 09, 2007, 11:35:33 pm »

people still say "the bomb" ? Next doc will claim that herbology is "all that and a bag of chips".

Oh, A-CAP.  Saying "the bomb" is "the bomb." 

You all up in the kool-aid, but don't even know the flava. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #994 on: November 10, 2007, 12:49:02 am »

Don't make me starting busting out my ocker slang in this hizzle.

Also I seem to have missed out three or so words in that sentence and now I can't correct it because A-CAP quoted it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #995 on: November 10, 2007, 01:05:41 am »

Next doc will claim that herbology is "all that and a bag of chips".

If he does, I might try it after all. That sounds great!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #996 on: November 10, 2007, 01:23:36 am »

people still say "the bomb" ? Next doc will claim that herbology is "all that and a bag of chips".

I always went with "all that and a side of beef." Because who wants greasy old chips where there's meat to be had?




I swear I posted this before but it's not here. Did the board eat my post?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #997 on: November 10, 2007, 03:59:31 am »

Wow, A-CAP, is your new avatar of you and your lady? I approve, it's a great picture.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #998 on: November 10, 2007, 05:35:21 am »

Wow, A-CAP, is your new avatar of you and your lady? I approve, it's a great picture.
yea, all sporting the HSC Rugby shirt
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #999 on: November 10, 2007, 03:04:18 pm »

These cold gray November days are always so fraught with potential, the air feels like it's full of electricity - is today the day the first fat fluffy snowflakes will fall?  Today, I'm thinking is a day suitable for Nachos and Beer, followed by seeing an awesome improv troop.  Running out to get the Saturday paper and some fresh donuts this morning is also a temptation.  But so is staying in my PJ's, going back to bed and just staying in bed until it's ridiculous.  You know - so that it's so late in the day that you wonder if there's any point in getting dressed at all since you'll be back in bed soon enough?  Is it a sign of getting old that I weigh staying in my PJ's on the same level of decadence as drinking many beers with Nachos (and maybe wings)?  Both are very attractive options to me.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Choose Your Own Adventure that is side_show

If you want side_show to get dressed and go get donuts, turn to page 27
If you want side_show to stay in bed all day, turn to page 4
If you want side_show to got out and get hella twisty on Stella and gourmet Nachos then watch an improv show turn to page 16

Which to choose?  They're all so sexy.  I earned this weekend.  Earned it.

While I try to decide I'll watch an episode of Iron Chef America.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1000 on: November 10, 2007, 04:05:31 pm »

Page 27!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1001 on: November 10, 2007, 04:47:54 pm »

Page 16, except... substituting "nachoes" with "cider donuts".

There's something to be said for sopping up Hard Drink with cider donuts.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1002 on: November 10, 2007, 05:11:53 pm »

Hat trick! Hat trick! ALL THREE!!!

Send the SO out for donuts and nachos and Stellas. Fuck yes.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1003 on: November 10, 2007, 06:32:23 pm »

Page 4, but keep your finger on Page 27 in case you get eaten by gigantic rodents or something. 

At least, that's how *I* always read CYOA books. 

With cheating. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1004 on: November 10, 2007, 06:43:00 pm »

27, with options for 16.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 878   Go Up