Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349200 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1005 on: November 10, 2007, 10:37:48 pm »

hmm.

today I woke up earlier than I woke up on any weekday, and went to a 5 hour radio station meeting where we planned for our future, planned to rewrite the KWUR Bible, talked about our badass new computer system/website, planned what to do with out backlog of like 300 unreviewed CDs, made drug jokes in front of our Faculty Advisor which made her look uncomfortable, explored the awesome old house we were having the meeting in...
it was cool, but overwhelming. And I really doubt we'll get a lot of that stuff done.

also: today I learned the deets on a situation in which... a naked kid got tazed by WashU police at a Girl Talk concert on campus last night. Apparently it nearly turned into a Major Incident because people were flipping out--understandably, as the kid... I guess he was being annoying by being naked and resisting arrest, but it sounded pretty unneccessary from what I have heard. Several people commented that they are normally in favor of police officers doing what they need to do to do their jobs, but that this was just ridiculous and insane. All the kid was doing was dancing around without a shirt on, obviously drunk-- he didn't get entirely nude and start acting provocative until they started accosting him and trying to make him leave.
I think it says a lot about our culture and some sort of generational shift that... the police guy entered, and people started yelling "dont taze me bro!" at him, and then he tazed the kid. in front of several hundred pissed off kids. another police officer went up and made them stop the show. People were freaking out, screaming, not being allowed to leave, the air conditioning was somehow failing so people were way too hot...
it was an intense situation which I missed as a result of not liking Girl Talk.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 10:54:09 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1006 on: November 10, 2007, 11:18:45 pm »

27, with options for 16.

Oh yeah, I did page 27, and somehow picked up an awesome pair of handmade moccasins on the way, now I'm turning to page 4, and it is looking hella sweet. 

Side_show eats nachos and drinks Stella's.  She heads out to the hip district of the city, to that place that has 6 different types of nachos and a variety of tasty beers on tap.

Turn to page 12 if she drinks enough to obnoxiously yell out suggestions at the improv show.
Turn to page 31 if her SO realizes she is not in the best state and takes her home.
Turn to page 2 if she keeps it under controle, lives with dignity.  Maybe porn.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1007 on: November 10, 2007, 11:37:22 pm »

THERE IS ONLY PAGE 2.

(because of the porn, y'see.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1008 on: November 11, 2007, 02:29:42 am »

Oh yeah, I did page 27, and somehow picked up an awesome pair of handmade moccasins on the way, now I'm turning to page 4, and it is looking hella sweet. 

Side_show eats nachos and drinks Stella's.  She heads out to the hip district of the city, to that place that has 6 different types of nachos and a variety of tasty beers on tap.

Turn to page 12 if she drinks enough to obnoxiously yell out suggestions at the improv show.
Turn to page 31 if her SO realizes she is not in the best state and takes her home.
Turn to page 2 if she keeps it under controle, lives with dignity.  Maybe porn.


2! 2! 2!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1009 on: November 11, 2007, 03:20:42 am »

Ruuuuuuuuufio!

Ruuuuuuuufio!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1010 on: November 11, 2007, 08:16:01 am »


Turn to page 12 if she drinks enough to obnoxiously yell out suggestions at the improv show.
Turn to page 31 if her SO realizes she is not in the best state and takes her home.
Turn to page 2 if she keeps it under controle, lives with dignity.  Maybe porn.



Turn to page 12 if she drinks enough to obnoxiously yell out suggestions at the improv show.
Turn to page 31 if her SO realizes she is not in the best state and takes her home.
Turn to page 2 if she keeps it under controle, lives with dignity. Maybe  porn.

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1011 on: November 11, 2007, 02:38:25 pm »

I did go for page 2, but substitute porn with the real thing, which I think we call all agree is even better. 

Also the nachos were awesome, the wings were okay, I drank Corona instead of Stella - it's better with Nachos.  The improv show was awesome.  The first show they took my suggestion of "gender confusion," which was entertaining.  The second show someone shouted out "penistrap," which turned into a show about German mice taking over the world.  How did they do it?  Sexy female automaton cats.  The trigger device?  The moment the barbed pen!s latches inside the lady automaton cat she explodes.  Barbed peni people. It was enacted on stage for us.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 02:41:55 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1012 on: November 11, 2007, 07:55:46 pm »

..brew a nice English Brown - style ale.  I've got 3 pounds of Maris Otter pale malt mixed with 1 pound of Munich malt mashing on the stovetop.  I'll mix in some specialty malts to get the caramelly flavors and darker color, then drain the sweet wort into my boiling kettle.  Some Willamette hops, and a good boil, then I'll chill to 70 degrees F or so with the copper coil immersion chiller.  I've got a vial of White Labs English Ale yeast waiting for its 2 week feast.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1013 on: November 11, 2007, 08:34:07 pm »

So... what you're saying is...

People who brew their own beer are like... people who grow their own weed except that they are mostly contributing members of society?

That is some pretty complex shit going on there. I congratulate you but do not envy you.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1014 on: November 11, 2007, 10:24:16 pm »

... go to the station for "Jazz DJs Meet Up Day" and be the only person who showed up other than the Jazz director. he was pretty disappointed, I felt bad.
Now I am putting off writing lyrics to a song by planning classes for next semester. Why is every single class I want to take for my major at the same time? This seems like... you'd think they would realize it was a bad idea to put every 200 or 300-level psych class at the same time. And, of course, Cultural Anthro is at that time too, which I really want/need to take as well.
Dang, man. I'm going to end up taking a bunch of cool non-major classes instead? Shit.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1015 on: November 11, 2007, 10:35:03 pm »

Two reasons I stopped going after a Comp Sci minor in school: 1) too much math. 2) the classes tended to be held between 0800 and 1100 every day. By contrast, most of my English classes were afternoon classes - many were three hour, once-a-week deals that allowed for dinner and drinks afterwards.

Today I got a video from my daughter - we're in VA visiting, and somewhere along the way I got into a hell of a funk and went into the bedroom to sulk a little bit. My wife came in to see me clutching a pillow in the fetal position, then went out to the living room and had my daughter record a video on my cell phone saying that she loved me.

I have a pretty awesome wife.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1016 on: November 11, 2007, 11:11:47 pm »

Quote from: theinevitable
Why is every single class I want to take for my major at the same time? This seems like... you'd think they would realize it was a bad idea to put every 200 or 300-level psych class at the same time.

Could it possibly be... a psychological experiment?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1017 on: November 11, 2007, 11:16:50 pm »

I made a chart of all the time-slots I have, and now I realize that it isn't as bad as I thought.

It's just that there are 3 classes that I really really really want to take, that are all required for other classes in my major, that are all at the same time.
But now that I wrote out all the slots, I realize that if I want, I could take 7 really interesting classes that would fit in my major. So... I have more options than I thought. Plus, space to take "Music of the African Diaspora" or "Afro-American Linguistics" or Economics or something.
To clarify, I am not taking 7 classes. I am just saying that it isn't going to end up being an unproductive semester like I thought. I can fit shit in.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1018 on: November 12, 2007, 06:24:13 am »

...go to work again, and keep a relatively good disposition.

Somewhat unrelated: CEOs should encourage people to tell them bad news.  It would be better all around.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1019 on: November 12, 2007, 07:02:22 am »

That is some pretty complex shit going on there. I congratulate you but do not envy you.
Last year I brought a keg of my homebrew to work and stuck it in one of our cold-rooms (like a walk-in fridge).  After work, I carried it into my office and invited my coworkers in for a pint or two.  After drawing off a tall frosty and handing it to one, he shook his head in astonishment and said, "You have ascended to a level of manliness I've never dreamed of".  Its like having a super power.  Having a cold keg.  Of beer you made.

Ironically, before the middle ages, brewing was women's work.  If you've heard reference to alewives, that's where its from.  Also "Brewster" is the feminine for "Brewer".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 878   Go Up