Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349202 times)

0 Members and 196 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1020 on: November 12, 2007, 05:33:02 pm »

so. it's raining.

in the past week, a big prostitution ring got busted in Charlotte. Prominent Charlotte businessmen and stuff are on the list of clients. The "madam" has said she is going to make names public?

The segment of "guys who would send their kids to inev's high school" is the same as "guys who would frequent high-class prostitutes." Hm.

Also, they used this creepy website claiming to offer "high class nude photography" to advertise their... selection. Man, the internet.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1021 on: November 12, 2007, 05:57:59 pm »

Inev, this reminds me of something I stumbled on to a couple weeks ago.  I was doing a google image search for "Ski Bunny" because I'm getting a custom made shirt done for the SO's sister who is big into skiing.  I found a sort-of cute image, and clicked to see the site it came from and found this.  I suppose the site is NSF because you don't want anyone seeing you look at a site for a ski-bunny escort service, but the content itself is pretty tame - no nudity or anything.  But still, these are ski hookers I guess.  I imagine anyone who wants a Euro-ski-hooker is probably pretty rich.

Quote from: from the site's FAQ's
What should my expectations be?

For the duration of her stay, your ski-bunny is there only for you!  She will ski with you (although may not be the same standard skier as you), dine with you, party with you, stay with you in your hotel and be your girl-friend. Ski-bunnies are fun-loving girls - treat them with respect and you will undoubtedly transform your ski trip into one packed with fun, romance and pleasure.

What will my ski-bunny's expectations be?

Your ski-bunny will hope that you are pleasant to be with and that you will treat her with respect. She will expect to stay with you in a comfortable hotel, eat and drink fairly well and wants to enjoy being your girl-friend, day and night for the duration of your time together.

The "testimonials" page is hella creepy.

Needless to say I will not be using the image I found for the SO's little sister's clothing.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1022 on: November 12, 2007, 07:14:42 pm »

Your ski-bunny will hope that you are pleasant to be with and that you will treat her with respect. She will expect to stay with you in a comfortable hotel, eat and drink fairly well and wants to enjoy being your girl-friend, day and night for the duration of your time together.
Jesus Christos, I have to PAY for this experience? I have to change my entire demeanor so that Im "pleasant", feed her and sustain her, house her, and she won't ever leave me alone day or night? This sounds more like Christmas with grandma than a sexy vacation.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1023 on: November 12, 2007, 07:20:28 pm »

Jesus Christos, I have to PAY for this experience? I have to change my entire demeanor so that Im "pleasant", feed her and sustain her, house her, and she won't ever leave me alone day or night? This sounds more like Christmas with grandma than a sexy vacation.
That must be a close family you come from, there.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1024 on: November 12, 2007, 08:33:10 pm »

man, what really creeps me out is that... both sites they used were really specific about the girls being Classy and Southern with good manners and fancy clothes and such. Then you look at the gallery, and...
I dunno, man. they're all creepy looking.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1025 on: November 13, 2007, 01:35:42 am »

I got a replacement batter for my 3G iPod in the mail. Here's hoping all goes well because I've heard bad things about the new iPod Classic. Plus, y'know, I don't really feel like paying for a new one. And I have a dock connector in my car so I'm kind of locked into iPods for the foreseeable future.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1026 on: November 13, 2007, 01:44:28 am »

Today I went to the apple store in SoHo to get a repair quote on my other computer. It will be beaucoup thousands to fix that bitch, but as an exact quote of what I told the technician "Its cool dude, Im made of money." And by that I meant I have insurance. Do not ever take your brand new macbook pro and throw it off a table, spill tomato soup, and sugary mixed drinks into it all in the same night... unless you have insurance. ( And I mean, 'into it', as in, if there was a hole in the computer, it got its dinner)

"Why is your computer so... sticky? And Is there tomato sauce in the optical drive?"
"Look. I just need a repair quote. My lifestyle choices should have no impact on how much you're going to charge me."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 01:50:00 am by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1027 on: November 13, 2007, 02:11:05 am »

Today I went to pick up a heinous pile of mail that was waiting for me at my dad's house. Most of it got shredded, but I'm still picking my way through it. Then I bought some groceries. I came home and took an EPIC three hour nap. I woke up and since I finally have a little bit of scratch (birthday pressie from my pa), I bought 2 bottles of red wine (one cabernet, one shiraz), some frosty Amstels, and some blended go-to Scotch (J&B).
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1028 on: November 13, 2007, 02:19:18 am »

...three hours is epic?

man, my sleeping habits are so horrible.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1029 on: November 13, 2007, 02:37:58 am »

...three hours is epic?

man, my sleeping habits are so horrible.

I woke up and it was dark outside, and I panicked momentarily. Sleeping on a sofa is nowhere near as restful as an actual real bed. Fortunately it had just gotten dark and I had only been out for three hours.

I try to keep myself on a really regular schedule. We'll see how it goes tonight...I hope I'll be able to get a full night's sleep. This week is gonna be gravy, though...I had today off work, and I only have to work 8-4:30 for the rest of the week. Then...next week, I only have to work three days because of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1030 on: November 13, 2007, 02:43:24 am »

hmm.

today I am trying to plan what I am going to write a 10 page psych paper on. evidence of episodic memory in non-human mammals?
I am not sure how to write a paper on a scientific question and have it be anything but... "here is a list of the research (not very much). So far, the jury is still out on whether non-human animals have what is considered a human-like episodic memory. Part of the issue is that, you know, a scrub jay cannot say "hey, I totally remember putting this worm here! oh shit, I'm reliving past events through what one might call "mental time travel!" Instead, the scrub jay just makes it obvious that it remembers where it left something, and when, and then scientists change the definition of episodic memory so that this is not sufficient to count.""

also, wondering how long this girl thinks it is OK to wait before calling me back. It has not been long enough to be worried, but... it's not that hard to call someone back, you know?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1031 on: November 13, 2007, 03:42:13 am »

Sleeping on a sofa is nowhere near as restful as an actual real bed.

Depends on the sofa...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1032 on: November 13, 2007, 07:42:59 am »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1033 on: November 13, 2007, 08:03:46 am »

Way to get publicity, WashU.
It was linked on Fark.com as well.


Today I bumped side_show off the "most time spent online" user stats list. 20 days of my life that I'll never get back...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:30:59 am by NYU »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1034 on: November 13, 2007, 02:22:27 pm »

Wait... what I was top on that list?  Yikes. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 878   Go Up