Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349845 times)

0 Members and 139 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1305 on: December 20, 2007, 11:39:55 pm »

Actually, like, that wasn't about picking a fight at all.

It was really just a declaration of ignorance about the idea of sweet tea that... ended up being tempered into cynicism by what a fuck*ng bad week I've been having.

What I meant was:

"I basically know nothing about the South. What is actually different about sweet tea?"

Mea culpa.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1306 on: December 21, 2007, 02:20:26 am »

I think Carolina bar-b-que is more vinegary than other types, but I have never had it.

It is.  While I wouldn't pick it over, say, KC barbecue, it's still pretty damn good.  When I was a kid, any time we went to Myrtle Beach or other points south, we would stop at this barbecue joint in Wilson, NC on both the way down and the way back.  Along with the barbecue, they have some of the best fried chicken I've ever had.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1307 on: December 21, 2007, 07:09:57 am »

today: Science listed the topic I wrote (and am re-writing) my big psych paper on as one of the top 10 breakthroughs of the year. And the articles they cited are the ones I used in the paper, which is reassuring.
They didn't mention the one that really blew me away, though. That one... I was seriously freaking out about how good it was.


Also, I am kind of really mad at my friend, who thought it was a good idea to have Makeouts with our mutual friend who has a crush on him.
"I mean, it was a big mistake... I shouldn't have done it, I think.... but what can I say, man, I can't turn down pussy."
"Dude. That... that is our friend's pussy."
He keeps trying to make jokes about it, and I am not amused. He is a nice guy, but he is really dense about these things sometimes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1308 on: December 21, 2007, 07:14:58 am »

Well, to be fair, there is a huge difference in the wrongness of "getting pussy" in terms of some kind of make-outs and "getting pussy" in terms of... y'know... actually getting pussy in that situation.

It is definitely not cool to desperation make out with a friend who digs you a lot more than you dig her but... it is not Capital Letters Not Cool with an N and a C, you know?

You guys are, like, nineteen. That sorta thing happens when you are, like, nineteen.

It's an offense but it's shoplifting compared to actually getting desperation sex, y'know.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1309 on: December 21, 2007, 07:18:23 am »

oh, no, think they actually had sex. That is my impression of events.


I am mostly mad because... she does not have great self-esteem and stuff, and really likes him, and is all cautiously excited that maybe this is good, but also saying all kinds of "but he probably doesn't really like me, etc."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1310 on: December 21, 2007, 07:22:53 am »

Oh, okay. Yeah, yeah, that is fucked up as hell.

You said "makeouts" and I took it at the word there.

fuck*ng someone who is otherwise your respected friend, who digs you to the point of probably delusionally kicking the l-word around in your head, just because you are pent-up and she is (metaphorically) presenting her rump... yeah.

That is bad juju, a bad juju of which nineteen will not excuse.

Of course, hopefully she punched holes in the condom or something out of delusional love and it'll bite him back, eighteen years worth.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1311 on: December 21, 2007, 07:26:20 am »

actually, hm. I am not sure that they had sex. I am going to hope for the best here, I guess.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1312 on: December 21, 2007, 07:37:47 am »

Wooh man, what the fuck.  It is a lot less harmful to have sex with someone than for either one of them to trick the other to pregnancy.  Jesus.  When I was 19 I did shit like that, who didn't?  I mean, it wasn't too cool, but, you know, if she's down.  Who is to say that, just because she likes him doesn't mean she maybe just wanted to have sex with him.  I mean, girls like to have sex too.  (At least that is what I have experienced, but you know, maybe you aren't good.  I mean, you probably get real emotional afterwards) (I am joking, that is low)  Oh, thanks a lot inev.  I ain't quoting, but that is to the last LFM post.


Today (10 minutes ago), I found out that I graduated from college.  For sure.  I graduated with a sweet thing happening, like, there is this one threshold that I had never gotten over after a super shitty freshman year and some stoned effort for the next 3 1/2.  I had been getting within like .08 of this number, but after a kind of bad last year I didn't think I could do it.  Then, I got over it by .01!

It is like a football team losing the whole game and then kicking a time running out field goal to win the game.  Only like, all the fans left too and even the head coach didn't care about that game anymore.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1313 on: December 21, 2007, 07:39:16 am »

If they didn't go far enough to completely screw her feelings up about him... whatever that line is, I'd think that if genitals got involved, it probably got to far... then we could still chalk it up to a really bad judgement, a supremely bad judgement.

And it's not like casual sex is necessarily a bad thing... if both people are honest about what they are looking for out of that casual sex. If one person is letting the other think that the sex means something that they don't want it to mean...

That is a very very very bad thing.

It isn't rape, of course, but... it is within shouting distance of that sorta thing.

Bad. Bad. Bad.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1314 on: December 21, 2007, 07:49:12 am »

I mean, to be fair, he wasn't completely clear on what her feelings were about the whole thing.

But, I mean, sometimes there is a thing called Willful Ignorance.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1315 on: December 21, 2007, 07:51:34 am »

Dude, she is nineteen too. 

A- she will learn sometime what she probably already knows, that some guys just want to have sex with her.  If she didn't know, perhaps she will learn, and be more careful in the future if she doesn't want that to happen.  I doubt one experience will completely fuck up her life, well, one experience like this.

B- dude, she is nineteen too.  Not everyone is a fuck*ng killjoy.

C- You are generally right about the whole honesty thing, and as far as I can tell that has been well understood in all of my "relationships"

D-  Is your, um, genital area  shaped like a lobster tail, only without its shell?  How can some good ol loving be so traumatic in your mind?

(again to LFM, but inev, dude you are 19 or something too, quit worrying about other peoples pussies and start looking out for one for yourself)






Since I am Ray now, it only seems appropriate to mention I had a completely trashy orgasm yesterday with a 20 year old.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 07:57:57 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1316 on: December 21, 2007, 07:54:21 am »

I mean, she actually isn't 19. But, you know, whatever.
If you can not see how this is a shitty situation then I am kind of sad for you, you know?

I feel like in a situation where... one of you wants to Date and Be Into It and all that stuff, and the other of you wants a hole with pleasant friction, someone is coming away sad. He did not mislead her in any way, but, still, shitty. He knew what he was doing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1317 on: December 21, 2007, 07:57:29 am »

Ladies and dudes like sex equally, more or less, sure.

But fraudulent sex is fraudulent sex.

Fraudulent sex to create pregnancy-entrapment might be a higher degree of fraud in terms of the lastingness of the effects than... playing on someone's assumption that your intercourse is Meaningful when it is Meaningless but... same ballpark, man.

Same ballpark. Same kinda way-fucked-up, just wildly differing degrees.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1318 on: December 21, 2007, 08:00:54 am »

I mean, we are basically agreed and everything it is just like, why you got to say it that way?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1319 on: December 21, 2007, 02:12:48 pm »

Today I am going in for ominous test results.  The doctor said "We'll only call you in if something's wrong" and they called me in.  I know what they were testing me for, so today is the day of bad news.  The only questions are how bad the news will be, and if the tests are definitive or call for more tests.

After that I am helping my sister be a secret shopper at Boston Pizza.

Also today is my last day in the office til Jan 2nd.  Let's just say I need the break.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 878   Go Up