Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349754 times)

0 Members and 147 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1395 on: December 27, 2007, 02:39:36 am »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1396 on: December 27, 2007, 02:40:53 am »

Yeah, let's keep the magic alive.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1397 on: December 27, 2007, 06:25:39 am »

Linnea should get thread-idea of the year.  This mofo has legs.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1398 on: December 27, 2007, 03:32:01 pm »

How does that work exactly? Pharmaceutical regulations lead to mis-leadingly labelled pills or did they restart your heart and so not have to declare you legally dead?

If you genuinely mean you tried to kill yourself and my flippancy is misplaced: Please don't do that. I can guarantee you that it will not have an improving effect on your life. Besides, if someone from the internet that you barely know can would prefer you staying alive I'm sure those close to you can provide more specific reasons.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1399 on: December 27, 2007, 04:38:01 pm »

Oh shit.  Did your lady say no?  Or is it the time of year and all the changes?  Fuck A-CAP - take care of yourself.  You have been so kind to me when I had hella depression.  Don't do a thing, Dude.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1400 on: December 27, 2007, 05:22:06 pm »

Seriously A-CAP, don't do anything rash.  We need you around here -- where would we find another arachno-capitalist to abuse?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1401 on: December 27, 2007, 06:54:23 pm »

A-CAP, you are a rad dude. Please do not have been serious. If you were serious, man... damn. You are a rad guy. We tease because we love.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1402 on: December 27, 2007, 06:58:40 pm »

If you are serious, yes, I hope you aren't serious. You being alive is rad.

If you weren't serious, I wonder how one gets off on a technicality on that sorta thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1403 on: December 27, 2007, 10:31:11 pm »

Damn enviro-nazi's, ruining everyone's good time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1404 on: December 27, 2007, 10:41:49 pm »

Boiling gravy in your eyes will kill you? Like I didn't have enough to worry about!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1405 on: December 27, 2007, 10:47:04 pm »

That thar's a reference.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1406 on: December 27, 2007, 11:27:35 pm »

That thar's a reference.

Dang, I had forgotten! But now I remember!

This is not the sort of thing that we at the Home For Scared People need to know!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1407 on: December 28, 2007, 02:56:35 am »

Today I had a really great meeting with my supervisor. It was an unofficial progress review, but he was really positive. I don't know if he was exaggerating, but I hope that our overall boss agrees with him when it comes time for my real probationary review in April.

He said that they both had discussed my performance and work, and he said that they were both very impressed. I don't know if he was speaking in hyperbole, but he said that I had learned more stuff in my 3 months here that took many people in the department five years to learn? I also have a degree, which many of them do not. It's weird, but I'm really happy to be there. I am happy to go to work each day and damn grateful to have a job. It is blissful to go into work and not have to wonder what crazy-ass accusations or mindgames will be lobbed at you that day, like at my old job. Anyway, I just wish the paycheck was a little bit bigger.

(okay, I lied. I wish it were a LOT bigger. I took nearly a $16,000 paycut compared to what I made in Alaska).
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1408 on: December 28, 2007, 05:58:18 am »

(okay, I lied. I wish it were a LOT bigger. I took nearly a $16,000 paycut compared to what I made in Alaska).


but isn't a loaf of bread like $8 there.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1409 on: December 28, 2007, 01:35:57 pm »


but isn't a loaf of bread like $8 there.

Yeah, shit is a lot more expensive there. But I have a $435 car payment and $140 car insurance payments every month.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 878   Go Up