get off my ass. apply for summer job as a camp counselor, email a music promotion company about an internship (in Boston!), get a hair cut (maybe I will do this tomorrow, instead), get the oil changed in my car (this should have been done so long ago that I qualify as some kind of Car Abuser). Maybe return some presents (a video game I already had, a CD I don't want.)
Actually, in re: the CD. I got a James Brown 3-CD thing called "The Great James Brown." It wasn't published in the US, and it's just 3 live shows. They are listed simply as "James Brown on Stage with the Famous Flames," "On Stage at Studio 54," and "On Stage at Chastain Park." I can find no further information about what is on here, other than track listings (basically some songs are repeated between the second 2, but the first one is mostly earlier stuff.) I cannot find any reviews of this online. Should I just go for it, since James Brown is awesome? or should I just return it and get such as "At the Apollo" or "20 Greatest Hits" or something?
The other thing I am not sure about is "La Dolce Vita." On the one hand, this is a movie I want to own and watch. On the other hand, the price tag was left on, and it cost 40$. That is a lot for just one movie.
In other news, I found out today that an album,
Crazy Rhythms, which I consider to be what you would get if you put me through some kind of strainer and got music out the other end, is being re-released. The Feelies made crazy music with lots of layered guitars, where almost every song started off quiet and built up slowly, adding more and more layers of pretty guitars and drums and...
Here, I wanted to put a youtube video of one of their songs, but they are all shitty live versions that make them sound a lot less awesome than they are. They are kind of like the songs where Devo weren't trying to sound as smart (Gut Feeling, for instance).