Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350371 times)

0 Members and 192 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1470 on: January 05, 2008, 12:57:31 am »

I can't wait til I can do that, should be soon now.


Also, what is the thing with fleece?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1471 on: January 05, 2008, 01:45:46 am »

I like going down to giraffeerman's Wharf or Pier 39 and watching blue tourists snatching overpriced fleece sweatshirts off the racks at souvenir shops.  The vendors like it too.  There's something about cold, windy, and Pacific Ocean damp that makes even a Minnesotan shiver.  Coldest damn place in the lower 48 has to be the windward side of Alcatraz island.  The concrete and rusted iron sucks the life right out of you.

Christ, I was there in March one year (2002 I think) and even I bought an overpriced sweatshirt to try and ward off that damn chill. It was hella cold. That was before my Alaskan adventure, though.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1472 on: January 05, 2008, 01:50:08 am »

Fleece is the best fabric for attracting pet hair and then somehow getting it so stuck in that it becomes a permanent part of the garment.  It doesn't make sense for me to own any, but it has an inexplicable, irresistible appeal.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1473 on: January 05, 2008, 05:00:26 am »

yayy, our road trip was good. I bought a light coat (old army coat) for 15 bucks. we walked around downtown, ate pizza, drank hot cider, I pointed out every third girl and declared her to be cute, and I slept in the car on the way back.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1474 on: January 05, 2008, 07:05:49 am »

...slather my face with the 5th night of topical Retinol (Tretinoin). Then I'm gonna criiiiinge as I put moisturizer on over it, and it stings like the dickens. Yeowch. Anyway, at least the peeling and flaking has gotten better. The things that we suffer through in the name of beauty.

Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1475 on: January 05, 2008, 07:12:11 am »

. . . watch the Simpsons season 9 after a lovely afternoon firing off the new bowling balls.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1476 on: January 05, 2008, 07:29:09 am »

It was just vapor lock!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1477 on: January 05, 2008, 08:05:51 am »

It was just vapor lock!

Wow! Color me impressed!

Cubicles are for closers, Marge.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:25:15 am by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1478 on: January 05, 2008, 03:59:42 pm »

"Stay out of the West side!"

Today I'm gonna help the SO and his bud move in the huge antique desk I bought (we've had to take the office door off it's hinges!), and get it all set up.  This shitty lil' workstation I've been using is not at all befitting a writer.  The desk is so awesome - it's solid oak, tons of drawers and one of those slide-y out-y things on each side that gives you extra space to spread out papers!  I was looking at a slightly less nice one for more than twice the price and almost bought it before I found this one.  I'm a super geek about this sort of stuff, so I'm probably going to spend all day setting up my new workspace: scrubbing and oiling the wood, arranging drawers, figuring out the perfect monitor placement... I could barely sleep last night knowing it would be here today.  When I saw it, I couldn't believe it.  I sat behind it and it felt right - "yes - this is the desk where I'll write." 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1479 on: January 05, 2008, 09:08:01 pm »

... cut down trees with my dad for three hours.  Chainsaw broken so had to go au natural with an axe and one of those basically hack saws on a stick.  It was fun, haven't done that since I was 13-14.  Now, I am going to watch the Redskins beat the shit out of the Seahawks, also with my dad.  Then, I am going to run three miles on the treadmill, maybe stop in here for some posts.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1480 on: January 05, 2008, 10:34:45 pm »

...spend a really large amount of my parent's money in a short amount of time. New coat, a nice long-sleeved shirt, and a nice sweater. Wiper blades, 2 lights replaced, oil change, inspection, and front brakes replaced on the car.

This shirt though, people, wow. is so nice. My entire life I have liked the clothing people wore in the 60's, and suddenly that is the kind of clothes the stores have. It is white with this cool green pattern. Ties without random shit on them, that are just 2 colors striped... horizontally striped t-shirts... jackets that aren't bright red with "The North Face" on them... it is like the fashion designer people said "let's make clothes that are like how a 19 year old kid imagines the 60's looked. We will take our design cues from watching the clothes people wore in The Graduate."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1481 on: January 05, 2008, 10:50:51 pm »

The desk is so awesome - it's solid oak, tons of drawers and one of those slide-y out-y things on each side that gives you extra space to spread out papers!

Oh, man, an antique solid-oak desk? Know now that I envy you.

Today, I'm going to attempt to write, likely fail, and wish I had a solid oak desk.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1482 on: January 06, 2008, 06:52:44 am »

Now, I am going to watch the Redskins beat the shit out of the Seahawks, also with my dad.  Then, I am going to run three miles on the treadmill, maybe stop in here for some posts.

Treadmill kick your ass then, Keith?

I hung out with Smick.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1483 on: January 06, 2008, 07:31:49 am »

Treadmill kick your ass then, Keith?

I hung out with Smick.

Maaan, a Pacific Northwest mini AcheCon? I'm jealous.

Tonight I went out on a date. (!!!) It was fun, we got to see the Avalanche win 2-1 in OT against the Islanders. Then we drank beer and chatted at a pub. I had a nice time, he is a great guy.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1484 on: January 06, 2008, 02:07:11 pm »

Yay!  People interacting!  Nabu and Smick must tell us more - also Linnea.

Today I'm gonna continue putting the office in order, cuddle kittens (because they demand it!), and hopefully make a snowman.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 878   Go Up