Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348108 times)

0 Members and 194 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1710 on: January 18, 2008, 04:50:27 am »

Today I made a super healthy dinner. Crepes, three forms of oranges (canned, fresh, and marmaladed), and half a bag of choco-chips, topped with a scoop of ice cream. This counts as healthy.

Damn, that sounds grelicious. I want some goddamned Ben & Jerry's right now, and maybe some cheese, but I CANNOT. My cholesterol is at an all time high (260! and my LDL is at like 180!), and I'm afraid that my doctor is going to try something retarded like put me on statins. I don't wanna go that road. I'm gonna do the Ornish Plan. I've been vegan before, I can do it again and also do lowfat in the name of heart health.

At least, I am going to do the Ornish plan to the fuck*ng nines, and after 6 months I'll have my levels tested again. If they're still awful, I'll see about going on meds.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1711 on: January 18, 2008, 05:09:03 am »

Well... I mean...

You went to Ruby Tuesdays.

You're kind of lucky you didn't die on the spot.
Is that anything like this place?



Something about it just screams abdominal cramping to me.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:12:31 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1712 on: January 18, 2008, 08:30:00 am »

um. Cloverfield was fuck*ng fantastic. It was intense in a way which was... wow. I am bad at handling really intense movies like that. Holy hell. will one of you come cuddle with me? I am afraid of the dreams.

I don't know if it was "good" or whatever. It was just... terrifying, and engrossing, and intense. intensity.

also it creeped me out that it was supposed to be occuring on my birthday.
also, the whole home-movie of dead people thing... creeps me out ridiculously. I am kind of afraid of the world right now.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:37:57 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1713 on: January 18, 2008, 02:14:42 pm »

...Wake up at 4 AM, dreaming about spreadsheets.  I suddenly have less than a week to get a whole bunch of crap done, including the last pages of a monstrous training document that's already past 50 pages.

Plus I thought that I was going to get a better position but then some guy stayed on that team that I thought was going to move to another team and so now I have no idea what's happening, and I'm starting to consider other options.

Now I will try to sleep for an hour before my alarm goes off.

PS: This is the Cloverfield monster:

Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1714 on: January 18, 2008, 03:20:19 pm »

Wow, weird.  I kind of like Ruby Tuesday.  At least, way better than Applebee's.  I don't go there all the time, but it's in a shopping center, so sometimes Mom and I meet there for lunch before we take my kid to Toys R Us. 

The one by my house is fairly newish, I guess?  I have eaten at one other Ruby Tuesday in another state and it was Far Less Good. 

I don't eat at Applebee's unless it's a Major Event and someone else picked the restaurant without consulting me. 

Then again, as we've discussed, I really like Friendly's, so...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1715 on: January 18, 2008, 03:51:34 pm »

Last time I ate at anything like that it was a Shari's. They had a squeeze container of mayonnaise on the table that was labeled "no need to refrigerate'. That, to me, is a bad sign.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1716 on: January 18, 2008, 05:19:51 pm »

Wow, weird.  I kind of like Ruby Tuesday.  At least, way better than Applebee's. 

Yeah, me too.  I detest Applebee's, but Ruby Tuesday's salad bar is usually pretty decent.

I mean, shit folks, if you think chain restaurant fare is bad food then you really haven't had bad food.  Sure, it's mediocre and uninspired but it's not fuck*ng poison.  Every meal does not have to be a pinnacle of culinary marvelosity.  Lighten up, Francis.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1717 on: January 18, 2008, 05:22:18 pm »

I took enough immodium to stop niagra falls and ate some of that yogurt thats supposed to cure you. Looking good for the moment.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1718 on: January 18, 2008, 05:58:10 pm »

Awesome reference.

I'm going to apply this to the rest of my day in honour of the awesomeness of that reference.

Or, to put this in correct form:

Today I'm gonna lighten up, Francis.

Warren Oates is from Muhlenburg County, Kentucky.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1719 on: January 18, 2008, 06:30:53 pm »

also:
I forgot the part where... the best moment of yesterday was when I realized that the trailer I was watching was for Star Trek. It is not the one on YouTube that is the opening sequence from TOS basically... it was weird score-y music playing while sound clips about space exploration played (kennedy, neil armstrong, etc) and there were people building something...
and suddenly, there was some curve that just screamed MOTHERfuck*ng NCC-1701 BITCH and I freaked out... completely covering my mouth and gasping repeatedly... random guys in the audience started clapping and cheering.... my friends going "dude, are you fuck*ng kidding me, it's just Star Trek, didn't you know there was a movie coming out?"
HOLY HELL. it was about as fantastic as the Superman Trailer that I think is my favorite trailer ever (yes, I have a favorite trailer.)

Mann, I forgot how much I loved Star Trek for a significant portion of my life. I still know random facts from reading through the Star Trek Encyclopedia a couple of times.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1720 on: January 18, 2008, 06:53:15 pm »

Warren Oates is from Muhlenburg County, Kentucky.

Down by the Green River where Paradise lay?

I have no idea who Warren Oates or what the original reference is, but today I'm gonna avoid working by wondering how it is that the lyrics to songs stick in your head permanently, when I've probably forgotten 95% of what went on in my life back in the days when I used to sing that song.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1721 on: January 18, 2008, 06:56:13 pm »

Down by the Green River where Paradise lay?


That's the one.  The Everly Brothers and Merle Travis are also from there.  So is my dad.  Bill Monroe is from the next county over. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1722 on: January 18, 2008, 07:07:14 pm »

Yeah, me too.  I detest Applebee's, but Ruby Tuesday's salad bar is usually pretty decent.

I mean, shit folks, if you think chain restaurant fare is bad food then you really haven't had bad food.  Sure, it's mediocre and uninspired but it's not fuck*ng poison.  Every meal does not have to be a pinnacle of culinary marvelosity.  Lighten up, Francis.

I'm with that - everyone loves Anthony Bourdain*, and he ate the ass out of a wild boar.

*Note: I have no idea if anyone even likes that guy. I don't know shit about him.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1723 on: January 18, 2008, 07:29:44 pm »

WARNING: Long gone and lamented denizens within that thread.

Not clicking. I'm trying to move on, dammit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1724 on: January 18, 2008, 08:17:05 pm »

there's a whole in daddy's arm, where all the money goes.


oh wait...
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 878   Go Up