Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348040 times)

0 Members and 191 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1740 on: January 18, 2008, 10:54:44 pm »

That's one sequence out of three seasons of the show and it wasn't played for shock value.

I was trying to make the point that lfm's question seemed superfluous after the point I had made. You can think one way or another about the guy, but whichever way you see it, nothing was really being illuminated by the second point (was what I was getting at). He wants to eat boar ass, he ought to as far as I'm concerned. Can't really throw stones at the guy without hitting everything else on TV right now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1741 on: January 18, 2008, 11:06:04 pm »

Quote from: AugustWest
But hey, don't worry about gathering any facts before you pre-judge the guy.

No, actually, I've seen that show a coupla times, I just wanted to make sure the name matched.

He was eating, like, pork blood wafers and snake bile something and... everything he ate was disgusting. I respect that other cultures have other food traditions in the same way that I respect that some dudes are into dudes.

I am happy that they are happy but, good Lord, that does not mean I'm comfortable with witnessing the details. Isn't the main commerical for his show someone neutering a bison so that he can eat its nards?

Nuh-uh. That's basically "Jackass" to me, man. Perhaps you are very very open-minded about food and so you can't see it that way but... most people are much more closed-minded about food than I am and it is basically all gross-food eating stunts to my eyes.

This is all I'm saying. Oysters make me want to go throw up, y'know, of course it all looks "Jackass" to me.

I am comfortable admitting that the failing in this might be mine, however, definitely.

EDIT: edited for terrible use of semi-code stuff.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1742 on: January 18, 2008, 11:09:25 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1743 on: January 19, 2008, 12:01:46 am »

just now, I made Spaghetti with Meatballs for me and my friend. It was awesome, and he was all "holy shit! this is delicious!"
I made way way way too much, we are both stuffed. now I am going to clean my room some.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1744 on: January 19, 2008, 12:32:54 am »

Mann, I forgot how much I loved Star Trek for a significant portion of my life. I still know random facts from reading through the Star Trek Encyclopedia a couple of times.

With you there, man. So, we didn't have tv at my house for a few years growing up(barbaric!). But my grandma did. And for some reason there was endless reruns of the o.g. Star Trek on cbs. So I watched a lot of that. It was also the heyday of TNG. So, that too.

(side_show edit:  fixed quote)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 04:57:35 am by side_show »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1745 on: January 19, 2008, 12:48:06 am »

What Tony ate on this week's episode.

Dang, I missed that one!

The last one I watched, he was in Las Vegas. There was a noticeable lack of unusual animal parts on the menu.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1746 on: January 19, 2008, 12:57:20 am »

He had the pommes, not the brot.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1747 on: January 19, 2008, 01:18:16 am »

Think its raining outside, then realize there is a swarm of lady bugs above my head, knocking around into things. I am talking a swarm, of dozens of red beetles with very poor eyesight.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1748 on: January 19, 2008, 01:45:53 am »

Today I did what I figured I was gonna do.

Wait for a call about the background check for the job I've 95% got, listen to a lot of Pink Floyd and generally try to figure out how to write this book in daytime. I have this weird difficulty with this project where... I can't get much done by daylight. I have no idea why.

This is not to say that I am not making progress. I am into Chapter 27 out of 44... I'm 90,000 words into the damned thing after almost four months of work... we're over the peak of the mountain, it is all rolling downhill, now, plot-wise.

But... it is still slow-going by daylight.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1749 on: January 19, 2008, 02:43:50 am »

I'm always surprised that someone still listens to Pink Floyd. I think I have seriously broken my Pink Floyd appreciation organ. I have Pink Floyd cirrhosis or something.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1750 on: January 19, 2008, 03:27:00 am »

Roger Waters' apocalyptic bleeding-heart vision of America and the world just... clicks with me.

Can't get enough of it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1751 on: January 19, 2008, 03:33:14 am »

I'm always surprised that someone still listens to Pink Floyd. I think I have seriously broken my Pink Floyd appreciation organ. I have Pink Floyd cirrhosis or something.

I turned on the classic rock station for the first time in about... a year I guess.  They were playing Dark Side of the Moon.  You know, they really need to just let that shit breathe.

It's overplayed is what I am trying to say.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1752 on: January 19, 2008, 03:50:22 am »

But... but...

Middle-aged British gentlemen prattling on about going mad and the end of the world is... like...

THE perfect form of entertainment.

Okay, their hits are overplayed to all hell on the radio but... the deep album cuts!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1753 on: January 19, 2008, 04:11:55 am »

I still listen to the first two albums, Meddle and Ummagumma.  And Wish You Were Here.  And Syd's albums.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1754 on: January 19, 2008, 04:37:08 am »

I think I actually already talked about all this. I listen to Les, Moe, Easy Star All-Stars, Scissor Sisters, and Richard Cheese all do their covers. I'd appreciate any other covers anyone's heard of, too. I like the songs; I think they're brilliant. I just can't listen to Roger, Dave and the boys do 'em any more, you know?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 878   Go Up