Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347622 times)

0 Members and 174 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1785 on: January 20, 2008, 11:37:31 pm »

Wow you guys really fucked that one up, huh? 3 interceptions and you. did. dick.

I think you meant to go to the ESPN messageboards.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1786 on: January 21, 2008, 01:26:13 am »

To be fair, they lost to New England by less than two touchdowns.

I know that as a fan of your team, a realistic view of what could be seen as a moral victory doesn't mean that much but... half your guys were injured, the Patriots are having probably the best single season in football history and they only lost by nine.

I mean, with the fan glasses off, they looked like they were gonna lose by TWENTY-nine.

It is absolute-zero type cold comfort but it's gotta be something.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1787 on: January 21, 2008, 01:39:22 am »

I was rooting for the Chargers, but had to expect that the Pats would roll over them. That it ended up as close as it was indicates that sometime in the next couple years, it'll be San Diego hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1788 on: January 21, 2008, 02:05:35 am »

Isn't there a thread for this?  I have no idea what you're talking about... but then, I could be in a room with you while you watch sports and likely not know what teams were playing or possibly what sport you were watching. 

Today I'm going to enjoy my first day with life long immunity to Hep A following my immunization booster.  Also I will smile because it is -23 C here and +24 C in Veradero.  Soon: Cuba.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1789 on: January 21, 2008, 02:45:11 am »

To be fair, they lost to New England by less than two touchdowns.

I know that as a fan of your team, a realistic view of what could be seen as a moral victory doesn't mean that much but... half your guys were injured, the Patriots are having probably the best single season in football history and they only lost by nine.

I mean, with the fan glasses off, they looked like they were gonna lose by TWENTY-nine.

It is absolute-zero type cold comfort but it's gotta be something.

Well, I'm ok now - that's just a thing you do when it's fresh, you know? I thought the Bolts would be lucky to be in it at all, and then they suckered me in with having the lead for so long, and the time of possession advantage in the first half, and then the three picks. I drank the Kool-Aid. I hope there isn't something seriously wrong with LT.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1790 on: January 21, 2008, 03:25:07 am »

Well, the second game was alright, so I am happy about that. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1791 on: January 21, 2008, 03:49:23 am »

Well, the second game was alright, so I am happy about that. 

What's the line gonna be? Pats by 28?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1792 on: January 21, 2008, 04:00:01 am »

What's the line gonna be? Pats by 28?

I'm rooting for an earthquake.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1793 on: January 21, 2008, 04:27:43 am »

I'm rooting for an earthquake.

Well, I don't give a fuck about Arizona, so maybe it can come off the planet and fly into the Sun. Is that too much to ask?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1794 on: January 21, 2008, 04:28:48 am »

Today I played Rock Band on the 360. It was massively awesome. I kick much ass on vocals. I rediscovered that one song by Hole, and when my voice is all raspy from singing 3 dozen songs, I can do a pretty good Courtney Love impression. That game is so much fun. I wish I had a 360.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1795 on: January 22, 2008, 01:38:19 am »

I'm rooting for an earthquake.

My wife lost some respect for me in a similar conversation, when she asked who I would root for in a hypothetical Colts-Cowboys Super Bowl, and I responded, "Al-Qaeda."

They wouldn't have to hit the stadium. A well-placed martyr at the hotels would do. As it is, though I dislike the Giants and Patriots well enough, it's not so much that I wanna bring in the turrrr'ists. U-S-A! U-S-A!
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1796 on: January 22, 2008, 02:09:01 am »

Football guys! 

Take it someplace else! 

I'm having a baby tomorrow, don't piss me off! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1797 on: January 22, 2008, 02:15:39 am »

She is pushing something that large out of her va-jay-jay tomorrow!

Definitely do what she says for a little while.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1798 on: January 22, 2008, 02:18:11 am »

Damn. good luck and awesome.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1799 on: January 22, 2008, 04:14:53 am »

Yeah, jayelle. I am excited for little Hero's entrance into the world, and I preemptively wish you a safe delivery and speedy recovery.

I am planning my younger sister's bridal shower. Damn, this is crazy. I'm having performance anxiety. I might just cop out and host a spa party for the bridal shower. My first instinct would be tea at the Brown Palace (really swanky, gorgeous, historic hotel in downtown Denver), but that would be a little pricey and I think it'd be a bit too stuffy for her. I think she wants something a little more funky and hip.

I want to do an Icelandic theme, so that we can have Icelandic vodka cocktails, listen to Bjork, and I can come up with fun hors d'oeuvres that fit in with the theme. But I don't think they're going to honeymoon in Iceland. Hmm. Plus this shower is for HER and not me, so I need to come up with something that she will really enjoy. I'm going to meet with her this weekend to get the guest list and decide exactly what she wants.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 878   Go Up