Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347567 times)

0 Members and 175 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1830 on: January 23, 2008, 01:16:28 am »

I, too, love that.

What bugs me is when there is some really easy, useful feature they could have, and don't.

My iPod example of this, which my brother claims that only I would use, is this--
let's say I'm listening to a playlist on shuffle, or just my whole library on random, and a song comes on. Oh, shit, I fuck*ng love Led Zeppelin. Oh man, I want to listen to more of this band, right now.
Now, see, right now what I would have to do is go menu menu music>artists>(scroll down to Led Zeppelin which takes forever because I have too much freaking music)>click.
where, you know, it seems like it would be easy to have some kind of little menu where you just click the center button a few times, and click a little thing that says "go to this artist" or "go to this album."

What I'm saying is, I have a love of things that are well designed, like the iPod, and would like to think that I could have a clever idea for a product or feature.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1831 on: January 23, 2008, 02:35:32 am »

Huh, turns out your brother is wrong about that, too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1832 on: January 23, 2008, 02:39:17 am »

Dude, Inev, I am so with you. Here is a guy who is on your side.

A tiny can to acknowledge that whole thing about great minds floating past each other in the gutter, or whatever.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1833 on: January 23, 2008, 02:47:06 am »

let's be honest here. i was pretty sure he was wrong, and I was giraffeing for people telling me I am clever. Sorry.

also, thanks for agreeing with me that it is a clever or useful idea.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1834 on: January 23, 2008, 03:03:24 am »

no, it doesn't let you do slightly odd repetition patterns.
the options are:
daily
monthly
weekdays
every mon/wed/fri
tu/thurs
weekly
yearly

Actually, if you choose "weekly," you can use checkboxen to select the days of the week something occurs.  So you could do mon/wed (without Friday), or if you wanted to get really crazy you could even do mon/tues/sat!  Or Sun/Mon/Tues!  Or...whatever you need.  You can also choose under "monthly" whether an event recurs by day of the month (always the 15th) or day of the week (third Tuesdays). 

GooCal is The Hawt Roxx, Pedro and each have one that is attached to our gmail accounts but we share access to each other's, so he can put events on mine and I on his.  My calendar also hosts the kids' calendars, which we can both edit, and I can view the schedule for the drama group he directs at church but I can't change it. 

We've been using it for over a year now and it has been really awesome.  Previously I used Yahoo calendar, which is great for an individual but (last time I checked, over a year ago) not as good for sharing. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1835 on: January 23, 2008, 05:42:21 am »

...notice that Nabu has a really fuckin' cute avatar! Is that Bob, the 22-lb kitteh?

Also, my brain almost imploded from frustration today. I bought some shite on eBay and it was supposed to arrive Friday. But then it didn't. My roommate was in the basement and did not hear the postman ring the bell today, and so the postman took the package back to the cavernous, huge, scary post office. My roommate got my text message to let me know about this development. So I took off work early, drove like a bat outta hell through shiteous Denver rush hour traffic to get home, and then drove like hell another ridiculous distance to the post office. Of course, when I got there, I learned that it would not be available until 1/23 at 0700. Listen, fuck you people. I just want my goddamned stuff.

So that means I left work early, hauled ass to get home, and drove waaaaay out of my way for nothin'.

I'm sure that postal systems in other countries are even worse and Byzantine and require many little pieces of paper in order to get your shit back that the fuckers are holding ransom, and I should probably calm down about this, but I'm still cranky about it.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1836 on: January 23, 2008, 06:14:31 am »

I wonder if the postman rang twice...
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1837 on: January 23, 2008, 06:48:08 am »

Don't be crazy porkins, the postman Always rings.... OH god this is so shallow! Here we are just re-iterating tired catchphrases over and over again, never creating something and giving it to the world, just living in the shadows of glory; a great record on endless repeat, scratchier with every revolution.

I mean, yeah, he usually does.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1838 on: January 23, 2008, 03:39:46 pm »

have you been reading Cat and Girl a lot?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1839 on: January 23, 2008, 04:56:37 pm »

Today I'll be watching the weather sock in, and hoping that it will blow itself out so the planes can fly tomorrow and I can get home so I can minister to my wife, who has strep throat. Currently the weather is such that no workers can leave the building for any reason, and only emergency personnel are allowed to travel around the field.



<--- That's Bob.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1840 on: January 23, 2008, 05:08:29 pm »

My iPod example of this, which my brother claims that only I would use, is this--
let's say I'm listening to a playlist on shuffle, or just my whole library on random, and a song comes on. Oh, shit, I fuck*ng love Led Zeppelin. Oh man, I want to listen to more of this band, right now.
Now, see, right now what I would have to do is go menu menu music>artists>(scroll down to Led Zeppelin which takes forever because I have too much freaking music)>click.
where, you know, it seems like it would be easy to have some kind of little menu where you just click the center button a few times, and click a little thing that says "go to this artist" or "go to this album."

What I'm saying is, I have a love of things that are well designed, like the iPod, and would like to think that I could have a clever idea for a product or feature.


Canned for reading my mind.  Your brother is one of those unfortunates who just doesn't get it.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1841 on: January 23, 2008, 05:19:11 pm »

Aren't there mp3 players that can do such things already and they're just... the bigger models that allow for the proper buttonage for those choices?

This is a lot of why I have not taken the i-Pod plunge yet... they look over-user friendly. Like, one button and four directional arrows? Oh man, when I have tinkered with my girlfriend's i-Pod that crap drove me crazy.

"Just... let me type in which song I want. LET ME TYPE THE WORD. LET ME PLUG IN A KEYBOARD AND TYPE THE WORD, GODDAMN YOU."

This is also why I do not text from my cellular phone. I have a problem with facing a ridiculously over-simplified process and just throwing my hands in the air and giving up because... it is so user-friendly that it has spun the dial and become un-user-friendly again.

This is the problem with all Macintosh products, however.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1842 on: January 23, 2008, 05:28:35 pm »

"Just... let me type in which song I want. LET ME TYPE THE WORD. LET ME PLUG IN A KEYBOARD AND TYPE THE WORD, GODDAMN YOU."

Well, to be fair, you can do this with an iPod.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1843 on: January 23, 2008, 06:50:56 pm »

I'm going to try to be motivated at work after spending 5 days working down in Ft. Lauderdale and going out way too late for drinks every single night. Also, when I'm here Veronika sits in a totally different room, but when we were in Florida she was right next to me. And in a couple of weeks she'll be back in Moscow. Boo to that.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1844 on: January 23, 2008, 06:59:34 pm »

Is that the girl you couldn't get pictures of in the bikini?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 878   Go Up