Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349515 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1875 on: January 24, 2008, 10:03:20 pm »

yayyy, my fiction prof. told me that my ending was a major cop-out and he was disappointed in it!

This is the kind of feedback I was hoping for. Awesome.

(I am not being sarcastic.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1876 on: January 24, 2008, 11:57:03 pm »

I'm going to hang out in the airport and hope to get on a plane in a little bit.

(What? They can't all be can-worthy.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1877 on: January 25, 2008, 12:50:17 am »

My best friend just had her baby about a month early!  This is her first child, and they just delivered the baby this afternoon via scheduled C-section. Her husband just called me to let me know. At the doctor's appointment yesterday they realized that she had high blood pressure and other s/s of pre-eclampsia, plus the baby was breech, so they did a planned C-section today. I am so happy!!  They are both happy and healthy.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1878 on: January 25, 2008, 12:53:11 am »

I'm going to hang out in the airport and hope to get on a plane in a little bit.

Am I the only person in the world that really likes airports? All the miscellaneous shops in close proximity, all these people travelling, such good times.


Hell, Doc's safe. I'm just pissed I made the exact same error in judgment as you made recently.

Your benevolence is, as always, appreciated. Especially as I did not witness anything that would require you to be benevolent or that I would need to inform the authorities of.
Seriously though, violence is never a good outcome but you don't seem like the sort of fellow who would bring the pain for no reason. The fact that you are now considering this an error in judgement shows the quality of your character.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 01:03:46 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1879 on: January 25, 2008, 12:58:53 am »

daniel loves every girl

On it's own this statement reminds me of when my son was 4, and we were watching an amazing fireworks show on Lake Couer D'Alene.  After about 5 minutes, he got so crazy happy and excited by what he was seeing, he started sputtering nonsense statements.  Think along the lines of Freddie Mercury "WOW! DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE MY CAR!"

My favorite was him gleefully non-sequituring "EVERY DAY I GET A NEW TOY!"
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1880 on: January 25, 2008, 05:10:13 am »

Am I the only person in the world that really likes airports? All the miscellaneous shops in close proximity, all these people travelling, such good times.
I love airports, especially international terminals.  Hearing different languages, watching the planes pull up and push back, baggage carts howling around like MarioCarts on crank, plus the visual non sequitor of thousands of tons of metal hauling itself into the sky.  The only thing I like better is flying itself.
I was going to school at Boston College for the summer between my Junior and Senior years.  When I had some time I'd get on the T and take the green & blue lines into the city to the airport and just watch the planes taking off.  There was a good spot near the end of one of the runways where you could see the control surfaces and hear the pilot throttling the engines, as well as getting a good angle on the takeoff and first maneuvers.  Cured homesickness for some reason.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1881 on: January 25, 2008, 05:48:17 am »

Are you in "Heart of The Awl"?  (Couer D'Alene?)

Sorry, I just remembered that I never answered your question. No, I don't live in Coeur D'Alene. I live a couple hours south in Moscow.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1882 on: January 25, 2008, 03:28:38 pm »

Am I the only person in the world that really likes airports? All the miscellaneous shops in close proximity, all these people travelling, such good times.
You are I guess not the only one, but your position is diametrically opposed to mine.

Your benevolence is, as always, appreciated. Especially as I did not witness anything that would require you to be benevolent or that I would need to inform the authorities of.
Seriously though, violence is never a good outcome but you don't seem like the sort of fellow who would bring the pain for no reason. The fact that you are now considering this an error in judgement shows the quality of your character.
However, when the pain gets brought . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1883 on: January 25, 2008, 03:39:55 pm »

When things are going right, I like airports.  There's always a certain thrill to travelling, and the airport exemplifies that.

Of course, as soon as my flight is delayed, or the security line is a mile long and I have to take off my shoes and belt, or I have a four-hour layover in a shithole like JFK, then my opinion changes rapidly.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1884 on: January 25, 2008, 06:13:34 pm »

I meant to mention that. Smick, that's the coolest! The can I gave you is for your son.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1885 on: January 25, 2008, 06:21:28 pm »

Today I'm gonna... rejoice that a man came and fixed the internet!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1886 on: January 25, 2008, 10:12:24 pm »

Today I'm gonna relax, hope good things about the resume I just submitted, and watch Saburo stare in rapt attention at the Outside, which is occasionally known to contain birds. To five-month-old kittens/cats (smallcats? Catlets? Catlings?), every day they get a new toy.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1887 on: January 25, 2008, 10:43:48 pm »

. . . fuck my girlfriend.

Tomorrow: a less confrontational A-cap.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 10:48:45 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1888 on: January 25, 2008, 11:02:03 pm »

Today I'm gonna stay in because I had sudden uncontrollable fits of vomitting yesterday and had to choose between frozen vomit on my face or ruining my winter coat.  I never imagined I'd experience such a thing.  Nevermind that it happend (over and over again) on the busiest street in the city.  So embarrassing.  Good thing the coat was old and falling apart anyway.  Since Tuesday I've eaten a cake donut and a bowl of Ichiban noodles.  I feel equal parts hungry and like I could puke.   
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1889 on: January 25, 2008, 11:26:51 pm »

. . . fuck my girlfriend.

Tomorrow: a less confrontational A-cap.

Do you mean 'Today I am gonna fuck my girlfriend' or 'fuck that bitch!'?
Because the first one isn't so confrontational.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 878   Go Up