Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349987 times)

0 Members and 144 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1920 on: January 28, 2008, 03:38:50 pm »

Quote
Well, you'd always have us.

Would you come visit me? I'd have an extra bedroom...

you still have Zoidberg. YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1921 on: January 28, 2008, 03:59:05 pm »

also, thinking about living off-campus next year is cool, but confusing. Most of the people I would want to live with will be abroad one semester next year, and I don't want to end up living alone... I would completely Lose It really fast.

Well, this is my first academic year living alone, and it's probably the best thing for my studying, ever. However, it does get lonely.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1922 on: January 28, 2008, 04:58:48 pm »

yeah. That, and break-ins. And thinking about break-ins.

also, I guess I would have to pay rent for two? I don't know how it would work since the apartments are owned by the university, maybe they have some kind of set up for that?

just now I logged onto facebook and had an Event Invitation from The Gargoyle (music venue on campus, they are like our in-school rivals for some reason, they hate the shit out of the radio station) to... our big KWUR week concert. That is, the concert we put on once a year with a week of events leading up to it and it's like our one thing we do every year that is visible to the community at large. It is listed as a concert they are putting on. It doesn't mention that we are involved.
edit: hilarious. I completely misunderstood, that was never our show, I am dumb. I am very glad I didn't follow my first impulse, which was to write an angry email.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:28:44 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1923 on: January 28, 2008, 09:14:35 pm »

Man, I totally wish I lived alone the last year or so of college.  Once you have friends and stuff, living alone seems to be where it is at.  If possible live alone in a very close proximity to all of your friends.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 11:27:11 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1924 on: January 28, 2008, 09:42:45 pm »

apropo nothing, I made the mental connection yesterday that one of the things Pedro did at his old job was to write the web scripts for the online end-of-course evaluations for the Wash U School of Law.  (Just the law school; the other departments are someone else's fault.) 

Just thought that was interesting. 

Today, I'm gonna hold my daughter.  That's pretty much it. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1925 on: January 28, 2008, 10:13:28 pm »

...join a Yahoo e-group for my neighborhood.  I know my immediate neighbors, and my wife's a member of the PTA at my daughter's school, but it seems like this might be an interesting synthesis of online and meatspace lives.  I expect, however, that it will make PTA politics look like a grade school lunchroom.  Hopefully fewer trolls than a regular forum.  You have to be a resident of the neighborhood to join the group (its moderated).  Does anyone else do something like this?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1926 on: January 28, 2008, 10:16:16 pm »

The minions have complied readily. I tell them the pretzels are complimentary but a soda is $2.
Do you have a fridge in there?  I was telling my boss the other day how I envy our walk-in cold-room as a lagering cellar.  He looked a bit alarmed at the concept (although I don't think its technically against our dry-workspace rules since I wouldn't be serving any of it.)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1927 on: January 28, 2008, 10:58:26 pm »

I think I want to be Ash when I grow up, maybe detouring through Nabu on the way.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1928 on: January 28, 2008, 11:16:06 pm »

...join a Yahoo e-group for my neighborhood.  I know my immediate neighbors, and my wife's a member of the PTA at my daughter's school, but it seems like this might be an interesting synthesis of online and meatspace lives.  I expect, however, that it will make PTA politics look like a grade school lunchroom.  Hopefully fewer trolls than a regular forum.  You have to be a resident of the neighborhood to join the group (its moderated).  Does anyone else do something like this?
I used to contribute my town's message board on nj.com, but quickly discovered it was the same old people on repeat loops.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1929 on: January 28, 2008, 11:46:59 pm »

I think I want to be Ash when I grow up, maybe detouring through Nabu on the way.

Wouldn't we all love to take a detour through Nabu? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1930 on: January 29, 2008, 01:16:46 am »

Wouldn't we all love to take a detour through Nabu? 

This can be arranged. Work with me, people.



Today I will be getting a guitar lesson from a bona fide rock star. Also, liquor.


Also, I will be receiving in the mail a mix disk from my favorite Austalian marsupial. Crepuscular!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1931 on: January 29, 2008, 01:31:14 am »

Don't forget to turn right at the small intestine, people - I bet his liver's a wreck.  That's gotta be worth a gander.

Ninja edit for grammar.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1932 on: January 29, 2008, 01:45:19 am »

Wait, who is the rock star?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1933 on: January 29, 2008, 02:03:04 am »

This can be arranged. Work with me, people.



Today I will be getting a guitar lesson from a bona fide rock star. Also, liquor.


Also, I will be receiving in the mail a mix disk from my favorite Austalian marsupial. Crepuscular!

You got a mixdisc from Wombles AND you get to play guitar with a rock star?? LUCKYYYY!

Wait, who is the rock star?

Yeah, who??
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1934 on: January 29, 2008, 02:36:49 am »

I lived in a two bedroom apartment with 5 other dudes, a dormitory, an apartment with 2 other dudes and a house with three other dudes before financially biting the bullet and getting me a solo studio.

Man, was it nice to not have to deal with other peoples issues.

Today I have a pretzel keg on my desk. Seriously, a fuck*ng keg. I wrote "EAT ME" on a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 and taped it to it facing the door.

The minions have complied readily. I tell them the pretzels are complimentary but a soda is $2.

I misread that as you wrote "Eat me" and taped it to your door.  Just a general sentiment to anyone who happens your way.

I myself, just finished Campfire candy sales with my son for the year.   My family likes to support my son by buying candy from him, and then saying "Please don't send us the candy.  We don't want it."  Neither I or the Ladyfriend can eat any of it.

Here is what I've been doing.   My office is across from the break room.   I have the stash of candy in my desk.  I've been replenishing the little soldiers the moment they're spent, and watching the reactions of people as they realize there is an exact replica box of candy to the one that was just finished.  What could it be?  Candy Elves?  Easter Bunny?

So far the results have been entertaining.  Today has taken a bag of toffee cashews, 2 boxes of mint patties, and 3 (!) boxes of caramel chews.  I should be able to keep this up for another day or so.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 878   Go Up