Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349482 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1935 on: January 29, 2008, 02:41:29 am »

I'm getting lessons from a fellow by the name of Sam Henry. Some of the credits there are from a different guy who's down in the Bayou. My guy was in a band called the Wipers. Kurt Cobain listened to The Wipers, and then decided to invent grunge. Sam left the band after the first album, and formed Napalm Beach with Chris Newman (Nirvana opened for them on occasion). He also recorded with Poison Idea, basically THE seminal punk band out of Portland. It'd be like getting lessons from Jack Irons.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1936 on: January 29, 2008, 02:51:51 am »

I get to go see a hockey game in club-level seats with a date for Valentine's Day. Suh-weeeeeeet!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1937 on: January 29, 2008, 03:01:48 am »

I get to go see a hockey game in club-level seats with a date for Valentine's Day. Suh-weeeeeeet!

Is that happening on Valentine's Day? Because I hate to be a stickler, but inquiring minds want to know what you are doing today, not two weeks hence.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1938 on: January 29, 2008, 03:06:20 am »

Laundry Day, mother bitches! Oh, the laundry thought it could hide. But I pulled it out, stone-cold sorted it, and washed it up before it knew what hit it. And I'd do it again. There's no remorse here.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1939 on: January 29, 2008, 03:16:23 am »


Also, I will be receiving in the mail a mix disk from my favorite Austalian marsupial. Crepuscular!


You are in for some good times.

check here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1940 on: January 29, 2008, 04:08:26 am »

oh man, The Wipers! Radddd.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1941 on: January 29, 2008, 04:31:23 am »

oh man, The Wipers! Radddd.

Yeah. We hang out in my basement. Most of the time I am sort of trashed.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1942 on: January 29, 2008, 04:33:10 am »

Quote
Yeah. We hang out in my basement. Most of the time I am sort of trashed.

Rock 'n' Roll!

I don't know, I actually only have The Best Of, and I only really listen to a few of the songs on there.The guitar playing is very interesting and complicated.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1943 on: January 29, 2008, 05:38:35 am »

Laundry Day, mother bitches! Oh, the laundry thought it could hide. But I pulled it out, stone-cold sorted it, and washed it up before it knew what hit it. And I'd do it again. There's no remorse here.

wow!  That's what I did today! 

What are the odds?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1944 on: January 29, 2008, 01:37:28 pm »

You are in for some good times.

check here.

Paul gets with the sad songs but in the end he does not like them. Or does he?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1945 on: January 29, 2008, 02:04:31 pm »

wow!  That's what I did today! 

What are the odds?

Goodbye, Blue Monday!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1946 on: January 29, 2008, 03:24:32 pm »

afraid of developing caffeine addiction? do what I did! (only 10k up front)

-get in the shower
-put shampoo in your hair
-have a device installed which wants the water to cool very rapidly.

see, for some reason, despite the fact it never got For Real Cold and was only rapidly cooling, this cold penetrated by bones in seconds. leaving me shivering and wrapped in a towel. I am so ready to go get breakfast now!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1947 on: January 29, 2008, 09:02:53 pm »

tonight, I have my first radio broadcast of the semester. It is going to rule I think.

(www.kwur.com. Midnight central time)

until then, I am going to take a nap, and do this really silly statistics homework for which I need to use a computer lab on main campus.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1948 on: January 30, 2008, 12:53:06 am »

...kinda worry a bit. Someone from the company HQ is coming to see us tomorrow. It was originally going to be three of us and her. Now it's me and her. And I need to figure out what to do with her for enough time to make it worth the four hour flight each way and the overnight stay she's taking to see us. Whatever it is, it also needs to be significant enough that it couldn't have been done easier over the phone.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1949 on: January 30, 2008, 01:05:53 am »

... get psyched about a job interview. A job interview! With the place I already volunteer at, so they already know me and I already know them! Tomorrow!

HOLY SHIT, I MIGHT ACTUALLY GET A JOB!!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 878   Go Up