Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350004 times)

0 Members and 145 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2265 on: March 04, 2008, 06:41:26 pm »

Does this make me the inter-web Typhoid Asherdan?

That's something like the opinion they have of you over at teh Assbar
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2266 on: March 04, 2008, 06:50:07 pm »

it's OK, I am actually feeling better slightly now that I took some ibuprofen. That sleep, though, was hell-sleep.

In other news, 2 days ago it was 75 degrees and beautiful, yesterday it was 28 and raining, and today it's snowing so hard that public schools were cancelled in St Louis.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2268 on: March 05, 2008, 03:29:01 pm »

I was waiting until it was more of a sure thing, but now I can say with pride.

Huckabee bows to 'inevitable,' ends run

I am the Republican nominee for President. Thank you so much, all of you, for your support.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2269 on: March 05, 2008, 10:26:26 pm »

...get steadily sicker at work.  My cough is getting worse and joints are becoming sore one by one.  I should have already gone home, but then I wouldn't be paid for the rest of the day and I need that money for nyquil.

So, yay.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2270 on: March 05, 2008, 11:45:13 pm »

yeah, it always confuses me when people don't get how stuff works on the internet. I told my friends about how this kid came up to me who recognized me from the internet, and we got into
"well... how did he see you?"
"well, my account had a link to my flickr page, I guess, and I put up a picture of myself as my icon"
"what! you put a picture of yourself on the internet!?"
"yeah. I mean... yeah."
"oh man, you're not supposed to do that!"
"but you put pictures on facebook all the time!"
"yeah. but."
"I mean, I also met a guy I know from the internet in real life."
"what!? From like, a chat room? was he super creepy?"
"A message board. no, he was a nice guy."
"oh god, what was the chat room about?"
"Achewood. it's this online comic. Amanda reads it, too."
"oh, like, Anime?"
etc.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2271 on: March 05, 2008, 11:47:21 pm »

My great Net Genius accomplishment: My mother now checks stories on Snopes.com before she forwards them.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2272 on: March 06, 2008, 12:10:23 am »

My great Net Genius accomplishment: My mother now checks stories on Snopes.com before she forwards them.

If more people did that, the world would be a better place.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2273 on: March 06, 2008, 12:12:38 am »

RE: The internet.

Some people still just don't get it.
Which is kind of reassuring in a way, it means for all the idiots on here already the even worse ones are being kept out.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 02:06:58 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2274 on: March 06, 2008, 01:46:26 am »

My mother has learned enough about the Internet that she now keeps more up-to-date on our shared TV program (Project Runway) than I do. We missed last episode, and then later she came in and spoiled me on how it ended.

My mom failed to obey standard spoiler-warning etiquette. Clearly I've done a poor job!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2275 on: March 06, 2008, 03:15:27 am »

My mother has learned enough about the Internet that she now keeps more up-to-date on our shared TV program (Project Runway) than I do. We missed last episode, and then later she came in and spoiled me on how it ended.

My mom failed to obey standard spoiler-warning etiquette. Clearly I've done a poor job!

All the females in my house are into it too.  They're downstairs as I type watching the 4th season finale.  Younger daughter is obsessed with Jillian. 

From I've seen, Christian is the most annoying person on the planet.  Every time I catch a glimpse of that little fuck I want to twist his head off.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2276 on: March 06, 2008, 04:07:52 am »

Just got done watching the finale, myself. No spoilers here, but -- it's probably the best finale the show's ever had, just miles past last season's end-with-a-whimper. Lots of talent, lots of creativity, lots of skill... and all I'm gonna say, AW, is that if you think Christian is annoying, you should see his counterparts in other seasons. Jeffrey Sebelia may well be as much irritation as one frail human shell can hold.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2277 on: March 07, 2008, 07:38:52 am »

Today HSC rugby won its first away game in 8 years, under the lights in the University of Richmond stadium. Men weaped. Men drank spirits and beer. Tomorrow we go to our last classes before break. Will the professors understand why we smell of revelry prior? Who knows. Who cares.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2278 on: March 07, 2008, 01:30:43 pm »

Men weaped.

I was trying to come up with something about Elmer Fudd, but it just wasn't happenin'. Congragulations, though. Rugby is a sport that I am afraid to play, much less win.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2279 on: March 07, 2008, 03:08:22 pm »

Today HSC rugby won its first away game in 8 years, under the lights in the University of Richmond stadium. Men weaped. Men drank spirits and beer. Tomorrow we go to our last classes before break. Will the professors understand why we smell of revelry prior? Who knows. Who cares.

Is it a coincidence that this victory occurred shortly after your glorious return?

I think not.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 878   Go Up