Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349502 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2355 on: March 20, 2008, 02:17:25 am »

...realize that I haven't read Achewood in over a month, and wonder if it really matters.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2356 on: March 20, 2008, 04:43:19 am »

It matters insofar as it is funny most of the time.

Most days, especially these days, chuckles are in short supply and even one extra helps.

But on a grander scale, I know what you're talking about.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2357 on: March 21, 2008, 03:27:55 pm »

...wake up late for work, decide the day is a total wash, proceed accordingly.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2358 on: March 21, 2008, 04:01:38 pm »

Send people this video, because it is funny.

We're all mega-nerds, so, I assumed it would be worthwhile to share.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2359 on: March 21, 2008, 04:17:21 pm »

I haven't been keeping up with the Onion for... sheesh it must be five years now. I didn't realise they'd started taking it this far (full video etc.). I need to put this lack of attention to complete geniuses at the top of my list of personal failings to rectify.

Although I might have liked it better if they didn't kill that guy at the end. It's a bit funnier if it remains totally petty with just hints (preferably obliviously given) of the true horror of their situation.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2360 on: March 21, 2008, 04:26:48 pm »

yeah, that bugged me, too.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2361 on: March 21, 2008, 04:40:20 pm »

The Onion: Multiple Stab Wounds May Be Harmful To Monkeys
Hi-Larious!

It also fits in nicely with a running gag with between me and another RA in my lab that truly valid science can only be done on a specially bred species of the world's cutest puppies.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2362 on: March 22, 2008, 12:57:38 pm »

...get to work before everyone else and realize that I could have stayed in bed another half hour and no one would have known.

And eat espresso chocolate mousse for dessert after breakfast.  It's been a long week and I'm working on Saturday, dammit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2363 on: March 22, 2008, 01:57:49 pm »

I liked that actor a lot more when he was just the husband in those in-car Sonic commercials. Mrs. Haus and I love those commercials, and we see ourselves in that couple, and seeing the actors that play them elsewhere just kinda spoils it for me. He's on Free Radio too, I believe.

Today I'm gonna... wonder how the hell I managed to live 30 years without Bow Wow Wow's "Do You Wanna Hold Me?" I heard this song for the first time on Monday, and it's already made my Top Ten Of All Time list.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2364 on: March 23, 2008, 05:37:57 am »

. . . find that opiate pain killers and muscle relaxers are a great cure for hangovers. Also see that my NCAA bracket is in the top 10 for all of facebook.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2365 on: March 23, 2008, 05:51:01 pm »

...realize that if we had gotten an off-campus apartment, and hadn't been able to find anyone to sub-let to and had all had to pay a full year's rent rather than just 7 or 8 months worth...
even including that the two guys going abroad would have to pay for when they were out of the country,

it still (I am 90% sure) would be cheaper than getting a WashU-owned apartment. good LORD there is a premium for perceived convenience.

also, today I am driving taking my friend who was visiting to the airport by metro, and doing laundry, and doing a lot of work.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 06:02:44 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2366 on: March 23, 2008, 05:53:45 pm »

...go out and see if those good chocolate rabbits I got at Borders are on sale.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2367 on: March 23, 2008, 06:53:50 pm »

Indeed... Happy Other Jesus Day, everybody!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2368 on: March 23, 2008, 07:37:43 pm »

Indeed... Happy Other Jesus Day, everybody!

I am assuming that by this you mean "Happy the other day we celebrate Jesus" (although properly speaking this would be Jesus Day, and Christmas "the other Jesus Day"), rather than "Happy Day that we celebrate the Other Jesus."
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2369 on: March 23, 2008, 08:37:27 pm »

Yep, the other day we celebrate Jesus.

Only Jesus and the war-dead get two holidays a year, you know, probably recompense for the other 363 days of gross misappropriation laid upon the respective parties' memories, y'know.

America! A place for Americans!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 878   Go Up