Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349724 times)

0 Members and 150 Guests are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2370 on: March 23, 2008, 08:39:01 pm »

also, today I am driving taking my friend who was visiting to the airport by metro, and doing laundry, and doing a lot of work.

Ahhhh, yes. For a while, I dated a girl in Lebanon, IL, and she used to park at the Metrolink stop just over the river and take the train in to meet me. Right up until the time she was running late, said "Screw it, I'll handle the traffic," and realized the traffic usually wasn't all that bad.

I kinda miss the biweekly trips to STL in a way. Life was a lot simpler back then.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2371 on: March 23, 2008, 08:40:32 pm »

ah, see, I don't have a car. so.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2372 on: March 23, 2008, 09:27:16 pm »

Indeed... Happy Other Jesus Day, everybody!

I kind of took it to mean happy White Jesus Day, or something.

Chocolate bunnies meeting horrible ends.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2373 on: March 23, 2008, 09:34:37 pm »

Who's this Jesus person? Did he invent the chocolate rabbit or something?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2374 on: March 23, 2008, 09:49:00 pm »

The idea of a Lebanon, Illinois is a hilarious idea.

Great ethnic strife between white Protestants and... white Protestants of a slightly different stripe... tearing the place all up. All hella contentious except that no one remembers which side is which from day to day and just sorta making it up as they go along.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2375 on: March 23, 2008, 09:55:33 pm »

Lebanon, Illinois wishes it were that exciting there. There's a lot of corn. Lots and lots of corn.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2376 on: March 24, 2008, 04:23:44 am »

...read a really really really rad article about how Made Up the concept of race is. It compared the categories people are divided into in Brazil to those used in the US... really really awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2377 on: March 24, 2008, 03:33:08 pm »

...watch my son weep bitterly at the terrifying prospect of school, and then walk resolutely inside his sobs notwithstanding.

We get some hard mornings around here.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2378 on: March 24, 2008, 04:15:18 pm »

Today I'm gonna wonder if the Interweb is broken.  I get broken image links at a variety of sites, and nothing at all at others.  Yet some (including TOUAMB) are completely OK.  Is it just me?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2379 on: March 24, 2008, 04:17:32 pm »

Carlos, do you use Firefox? Do you have a popular add-on called DownThemAll?

It updated recently and the new version is causing the exact problems you're describing. It seems to be worse if you're also running other internet-connected programs at the same time like eMule.

If so you not only have to uninstall the add-on but reset some prefs in about:config.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2380 on: March 24, 2008, 04:20:03 pm »

Bzzzzzt.  Running IE 6.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2381 on: March 24, 2008, 04:47:08 pm »

Then I'm stumped. It sounded like you were having exactly the same problem that I was.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2382 on: March 24, 2008, 06:16:47 pm »

...watch my son weep bitterly at the terrifying prospect of school, and then walk resolutely inside, his sobs notwithstanding.

We get some hard mornings around here.

...pick up this same boy four hours later, and discover that he only cried for ten minutes after Pedro left him.  Then, he proceeded to do the following: do puzzles, color matching, went for a walk, played on starfall.com, read books with Ms. Abbie, went down the slide, and colored in art class.  He also ate his entire lunch, which is pretty amazing since eating is usually difficult for him even in the best of circumstances.  When I picked him up, he was happy and singing.  This is his fourth day at his new school. 

I am relieved. 

Later, I'm going to take him to see a movie in the theater with his cousins.  (Horton Hears a Who.)  Then, we're going to Bullwinkle's (like Chuck E. Cheese's, but with the old Rocky and Bullwinkle characters) with his cousins for pizza and raucousness.  He will probably fall asleep at the movie. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2383 on: March 24, 2008, 07:46:20 pm »

They get over that stuff quick.  A couple weeks ago, I dropped off Liz at her preschool for a special Saturday event, but she complained the whole way there that she didn't want to go and would rather go back home and go back to bed.  When I picked her up, I asked her teacher how that went, and she said "We gave her a blanket and a pillow, and pointed to a corner and told her she could go to sleep.  That lasted about five minutes."  FRICKIN' AWESOME.

When I took my laptop to a meeting, web site that I've been having trouble with on the desktop worked fine on the laptop and the wireless.  So maybe it is just me.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2384 on: March 24, 2008, 07:51:06 pm »

...watch my son weep bitterly at the terrifying prospect of school, and then walk resolutely inside his sobs notwithstanding.

We get some hard mornings around here.

Next time just ask him if he wants to play Cave Explorer.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 878   Go Up