Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350057 times)

0 Members and 147 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2415 on: April 02, 2008, 01:06:39 am »

went to a talk/discussion by one of my favorite professors... I asked a question about how this paper that is my favorite thing ever applied to this, and he basically informed me that new data has come out that means that that paper is wrong.

dang.

now... statistics studying, starting my story about a man who builds a nest like a bowerbird, doing my radio show.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2416 on: April 02, 2008, 01:39:15 am »

...send flowers to Pedro, because he *hates* April Fool's Day. 

It's our tradition. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2417 on: April 02, 2008, 02:18:55 am »

today a guy in my fiction class criticized another guy's story because he named his character Don Fogerty, which is awfully close to John Fogerty.
He said "that's like naming your character... Jimmy Kendrix!"

If I had read this kid's story, I would have said "yeah, or Phil Kesh" because that is the name he gave one of the characters in his story. WEIRD.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2418 on: April 02, 2008, 05:58:12 am »

Jimi Kendrix
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2419 on: April 02, 2008, 06:11:41 am »

http://www.forbes.com/finance/mktguideapps/personinfo/FromPersonIdPersonTearsheet.jhtml?passedPersonId=1101177
Keith Fernadez - One is worth millions, the other is awesome, the other is an awesomb touamb poster.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2420 on: April 02, 2008, 06:29:23 am »

Quote
Jimi Kendrix

See, that's the thing.
Something about the way this kid said it made me think "Jimmy."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2421 on: April 02, 2008, 08:21:43 pm »

Get a job washing dogs, probably move in with this girl even though it is a bad idea.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2422 on: April 03, 2008, 01:41:43 am »

Spend a thousand dollars on a futon.
I've never spent that kind of money on furniture before, I think I need to work out how this changes my worldview.

You ever get that feeling that the salesman totally took you for a ride but they were so good at their job that you kind of liked it anyway?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 05:18:17 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2423 on: April 03, 2008, 02:58:11 am »

one of my two best friends here, my future roommate, was elected almost unanimously to be the KWUR general manager next year. I am so glad.

Now I write a 10 or so page story. Oof.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2424 on: April 03, 2008, 05:23:00 am »

Spend a thousand dollars on a futon.
I've never spent that kind of money on furniture before, I think I need to work out how this changes my worldview.

You ever get that feeling that the salesman totally took you for a ride but they were so good at their job that you kind of liked it anyway?

I always kind of assumed that one of the main virtues of a futon was that it is not as expensive as real furniture.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2425 on: April 03, 2008, 05:52:58 am »

Yeah... you would have thought, that was even my thought going in.

Tuns out I'm a sucker for really comfortable matresses and hardwood bed-frames.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2426 on: April 03, 2008, 07:41:03 am »

Last month's Esquire magazine had a six-page spread on sleep, and what struck me the most was the article on this futon the guy bought. He paid out the ass for it and still loves it 15 years later, can't sleep on anything else.

lol, remember waterbeds lol
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2427 on: April 03, 2008, 09:08:38 am »

My housemate keeps laughing at me, he says I should get some Egg chairs to go with it. Which would be funnier if it didn't sound like such a good idea...
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2428 on: April 03, 2008, 12:31:00 pm »

Spend a thousand dollars on a futon.

Holy shit.  Was it made of fabric woven from the hair of a hundred virgins or what??
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2429 on: April 03, 2008, 01:01:42 pm »

Yeah, I guess?
It was really comfortable.
I mean that figure includes the bed frame and delivery and so on, though one of the things I learned while bed shopping is that it is more than possible to spend thousands (multiple!) on mattresses alone. That's really kind of scary.
I guess the big joke is that after all that they can't deliver it till mid next week and so I'm sleeping on the couch for a few days.

It was a weird day all round. I got blanked by a nun as I was walking back from the store too, though I think that was just me being paranoid.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 878   Go Up