Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348919 times)

0 Members and 216 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2430 on: April 03, 2008, 05:30:25 pm »

I am trying so hard to avoid being a prescriptivist in my everyday life. It has improved my life so much.
But every time I hear someone use the word "Shorty" to refer to a woman, I want to KILL. Pronounced, of course, like "shawty."
Something about that word, and that pronunciation, and that meaning, makes me get the heebie jeebies.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2431 on: April 03, 2008, 05:53:11 pm »

I thought "shortie" referred to one's offspring. 

But then, I am very white. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2432 on: April 03, 2008, 06:56:39 pm »

But if I wasn't a perceptivist, then...how would I judge people?

Yes, "shorty" is stupid, as are ****** that show your ass in any way, and referring to someone as your "boo."

*edit* Ooh, I went to a chiropractor for the first time ever today. I feel like one of those little animals that can turn their heads like 359 degrees or something now.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2433 on: April 03, 2008, 07:30:11 pm »

I went to a Cairopractor once, but I think Egypt me. 

Disclaimer: I have never been to a chiropractor.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2434 on: April 03, 2008, 07:45:02 pm »

so. In a weird and meaningless and yet consistently upsetting turn of events, a lady I had Almost-Maximum cuddles with earlier this year is the poster child for the campaign against Sexual Assault on campus. Or, not poster child, but... her picture is on all of the posters.
As in, every time I enter a building on campus, there is a poster of her looking really upset, with text about feeling dirty and used and etc.

It is kind of jarring. Which, I guess, is the point. But still, it is not a fun thing to see all the time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2435 on: April 03, 2008, 08:03:24 pm »

yeah, my friends think that this is hilarious.

And, quite frankly, she was being aggressive enough that I would have a lot of trouble believing that she felt that way about what went on?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2436 on: April 03, 2008, 08:57:16 pm »

The guys here collect those posters from the all girls schools. The best one is this picture of angry looking black fellow saying "I DIDNT WANT TO HIT HER BUT THE BITCH JUST WOULDNT SHUT UP" And then a message like 'You don't have to take physical or verbal abuse, speak to someone..."
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2437 on: April 03, 2008, 10:32:22 pm »

I mean, immediately afterwards when she didn't call me back for a week, some part of me was imagining "oh my god, I was drunk and did those (AWESOME) things with DB, how could I have done that, I never want to see him again"
But that wasn't the case. That's a whole silly story.
A story that ends with posters of her talking about sexual assault. Eep.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2438 on: April 03, 2008, 11:06:44 pm »

Just to set your mind at ease I'm going to nominate you for the 'least likely to sexually assault anything, ever' TOUAMBIE this year.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2439 on: April 04, 2008, 12:13:26 am »

If you have testicles, you ARE a rapist.

Pig.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2440 on: April 04, 2008, 01:36:36 am »

yeah. the variant on that that my friend likes to bring up is "All penetration is rape."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2441 on: April 04, 2008, 01:39:32 am »

*snort*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2442 on: April 04, 2008, 01:40:48 am »

I read somewhere about a college prank that involved going from the prankster's school to an all-girls school down the way where the campus was in the throes of 1970's feminism and putting up posters for a porno at the student union or some similar place. The tagline was "Cameras so close, you can't even tell what you're seeing." That's stuck with me ever since.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2443 on: April 04, 2008, 02:11:11 am »

There has been little posting lately and, honestly, this joint has been feeling kind of stale.

Yeah, what's up with that? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2444 on: April 04, 2008, 04:14:27 am »

Yeah, what's up with that? 

It's my fault, I've been busy. I apologise.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 878   Go Up