Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349981 times)

0 Members and 149 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2460 on: April 05, 2008, 11:34:32 pm »

Go to a memorial service for the first openly lesbian woman to be elected to a leadership position on NOW, despite the fact that then-president Betty Friedan was totally against her running, as she thought that lesbians would really hurt the organization's image.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2461 on: April 06, 2008, 12:55:44 am »

ew, my friends were blatantly carrying a very large amount of alcohol IN FRONT OF THE POLICE STATION and got taken in. Luckily it was just campus police so... basically I think nothing will happen.
apparently when confronted with the fact that people carry around alcohol all the time in public without getting nailed, the officer said "well, I walked by you guys once, I figured that gave you fair warning that you should run away."


today I went to the arch, went to the deli with my good friend and some guys I don't know that well who are Awesome, bought "The Known World" because I saw Edward P. Jones do a reading here and he was awesome. Later, I will go to Art Prom and dance until I collapse.

last night was a long night of art opening, brief show by local blues/old-school-country band, going to a party where I hardly knew anyone with some cool people and a cute girl, climbing on an even higher roof, this time involving a ladder and climbing through a window. rad.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 01:11:04 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2462 on: April 06, 2008, 01:43:41 am »

...cry a long slow sob because memphis beat ucla and now my bracket is shot
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2463 on: April 06, 2008, 02:31:31 am »

...cry a long slow sob because memphis beat ucla and now my bracket is shot

But it's April. March Madness, and therefore basketball season, ended on March 31st.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2464 on: April 06, 2008, 02:37:38 am »

tell that to the idiots that scheduled the final four (three) games this weekend
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2465 on: April 06, 2008, 02:42:09 am »

tell that to the idiots that scheduled the final four (three) games this weekend

That's not nearly as embarrassing as the morons who have NBA games scheduled before and after March. The fools.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2466 on: April 06, 2008, 06:12:06 am »

yeah. the variant on that that my friend likes to bring up is "All penetration is rape."

Whoa... but not all rape is penetration.

Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2467 on: April 06, 2008, 06:14:16 am »

Inevs friend sounds like a blast to hang out with.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2468 on: April 06, 2008, 06:58:26 am »

yeah, he's an awesome guy.
Later, we decided to amend that to where... the only non-rapacious penetration is prostitution.


Art Prom kind of turned out lame. In which I mean "the ladies I wanted to dance with disappeared really early."
But seeing posters-which-make-me-feel-like-a-rapist-girl make a face when my really good-looking future roommate tries to dance with her, and just kind of walk away... the only girl who wouldn't dance with him all night...
it made me feel good, in its own way. I have that at least.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:05:44 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2469 on: April 06, 2008, 09:36:40 pm »

Today, we had our bi-annual kickball game vs. St Louis University's KSLU. And...

well, I no longer worry that we are hipsters. We showed up in shorts, sneakers, etc. Aviator sunglasses maybe. we wore the things you wear to a kickball game, I guess.
They showed up in v-neck t-shirts and "hilarious" super-short running shorts, and smoked cigarettes while on base.
At one point this girl was chasing a ball along while smoking, the smoke coming out the side of her mouth like a little steam engine.

On the other hand, they are largely composed of cute girls, and we are largely composed of hairy men. once they send us the pictures they took, I will post select ones on Flickr to show how hilarious this was.
Also, I am horrible at every sport, and never managed to catch a ball. I scored a run, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2470 on: April 06, 2008, 09:44:54 pm »

If only kickball were a major professional sport, I would be a rich man.

I would be the Frank Thomas of kickball.

Can't run, can't throw, can't field but... I can kick the living shit out of a round ball if I am standing in one place.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2471 on: April 06, 2008, 09:53:57 pm »

Today, we had our bi-annual kickball game vs. St Louis University's KSLU. And...

They showed up in v-neck t-shirts and "hilarious" super-short running shorts, and smoked cigarettes while on base.

This sounded like a horrible, horrible sight to behold. Then,

On the other hand, they are largely composed of cute girls,

All of a sudden, the outlook changed.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2472 on: April 06, 2008, 09:58:11 pm »

yeah, um, we are going to basically email them with a list of every party we are having for the rest of the school year and a note saying "please come to all of these."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2473 on: April 06, 2008, 10:04:55 pm »

Outraged Tom Hanks: There's no smoking in kickballl!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:46:19 pm by lprkn »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2474 on: April 07, 2008, 11:46:09 pm »

...come really close to overdrawing my debit account. wow. I thought I had a lot more money in there? awesome.

also, find out that we didn't turn in our deposit for our apartment, and theoretically this might be a big problem.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 878   Go Up