Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348872 times)

0 Members and 213 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2475 on: April 08, 2008, 01:49:06 am »

...come really close to overdrawing my debit account. wow. I thought I had a lot more money in there? awesome.

also, find out that we didn't turn in our deposit for our apartment, and theoretically this might be a big problem.

I dont think landlords consider housing contracts in any way "theoretical".
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2476 on: April 08, 2008, 02:04:34 am »

I once had a deposit check bounce because I forgot to tranfer funds from my savings account to my checking account. This was during college when checking was for this week's turkey sandwich ingredients and "savings" was a means of keeping myself from spending next week's turkey sandwich ingredients.

I still got the place. Cool landlord. Fucked us on the deposit refund when we moved out, though.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2477 on: April 08, 2008, 02:23:33 am »

I mean, it isn't a landlord. it's the Washington University Residential Office or whatever. They said we can turn it in by tomorrow.

EDIT: EXCEPT THAT MY ROOMMATE ISN'T HERE, HE IS HOME DUE TO FAMILY HEALTH CRISIS. F WORD, F WORD.
I am going to go in and Make Points About Common Decency, or else have to pony up an additional large sum that I don't have to cover his share.

further edit: cute. I decide to start my Cognitive Science essay early, and notice that the due date says "April 8th." Wait, isn't that tomorrow?
Ell owe ell.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 05:05:19 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2478 on: April 08, 2008, 05:35:50 am »

...get pissed at my calves because they get sore every time I run. Like, immediately. wtf?

Inev: Parents are good for some things sometimes.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2479 on: April 08, 2008, 05:46:01 am »

oh, yeah, definitely. I mean, I am going to go in and explain that he had to go home due to a family crisis and prevail on their sense of decency. They should be reasonable about this.

in other news, I am up way too late, and i googled my dad and got message board posts talking about whether he is good at his job.
The good news is, the consensus is that yes, he is good at his job. good to know.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:25:19 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2480 on: April 08, 2008, 11:59:16 am »

Inev: I think he means ask your parents for money. If your dad is so good at his job, presumably they pay him enough that he can spare some?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2481 on: April 08, 2008, 02:23:38 pm »

"I'm sorry son, but your Dad is no good at his job so they stopped paying him any more than he absolutely needs to live."
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2482 on: April 08, 2008, 03:05:19 pm »

oh, yeah. If it comes to the situation where we need to forge his signature and pay the 450$ I can totally borrow the money from my parents. But I think it shouldn't come to that.

I went and got sent back and forth between two women who obviously didn't want to deal with me at the moment, and then they finally just set up a temporary contract and said to send him to their office THE SECOND he gets back on campus.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 04:59:57 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2483 on: April 08, 2008, 08:14:39 pm »

...submit what I hope will be the final version of my thesis to my adviser and the rest of my defence committee. 

And smile a lot. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2484 on: April 09, 2008, 08:16:21 pm »

in a diner, my friend says "what the hell is the deal with Hunt's ketchup? I mean... who goes out and buys Hunts?" I just smiled and laughed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2485 on: April 10, 2008, 12:03:09 am »

...eat the Girl Scout cookies that I bought. I got one box of Samoas and one of Thin Mints. Yum.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2486 on: April 13, 2008, 01:44:48 am »

I bought a really cheap used Wah pedal for my guitar.
The box says:
-The most fun and versatile pedal effect
-virtually every famous band has a hit song that relies on this effect
-pulse the pedal with your foot to make your guitar sound like it's talkin' "wah wah wah" just like the name says.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2487 on: April 13, 2008, 02:13:08 am »

I bought a really cheap used Wah pedal for my guitar.
The box says:
-The most fun and versatile pedal effect
-virtually every famous band has a hit song that relies on this effect
-pulse the pedal with your foot to make your guitar sound like it's talkin' "here comes a special boy" just like the name says.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2488 on: April 13, 2008, 02:45:17 am »

also: just now I was complaining about how my roommate's horrible girlfriend is giggling in his room at 3 AM every fuck*ng night, and her laugh is the worst thing I have ever heard.

And in the middle of a series of us doing horrible fake laughs, I realized the guy was standing there laughing. And, i mean, if he was laughing, he couldn't have heard what we were originally talking about, right? he came in late, right?
RIGHT!?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2489 on: April 13, 2008, 03:11:25 am »

...go for a walk, buy an antique chair at a shop thats going out of business for $6 (70% off) and also lose a bag of cherrry "licorice" somewhere in the hose.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 878   Go Up