Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349678 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2505 on: April 14, 2008, 10:15:29 pm »

I constantly buy socks, and they are always the first thing I run out of.

I also really enjoy nice socks, but I always lose one of the pair in a very short time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2506 on: April 15, 2008, 01:22:38 am »

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It certainly amuses me.

My sock drawer is too crammed full of socks to hold a single other thing. I have enough socks for an army to march on, as long as they don't mind if some of them wear socks decorated with frogs and flowers and pug dogs. I don't know why I have so many, it's just some kind of sickness.

I too enjoyed the snake in drain thing.  I briefly had a pet eel, and that mutha' fuckin' eel really wanted to go down the mutha' fuckin drain (I wouldn't let him).  The mutha fuckin' eel wanted to go everywhere but in the aquarium where he was supposed to live, so instead he went in a mutha' fuckin' ice cream pail and was returned to the store.  Which reminds me, I have a store credit from returning the eel that I've failed to use.  I'm thinking maybe tiger barbs?  I don't know.  Everything I add to the tank either terrifies the puffergiraffe or are considered food by the puffergiraffe.  Sigh.

As for my sock drawer... I never have enough socks.  Or more succinctly, I have plenty of the wrong socks - the too thin, the wrong coloured, the given as a gift Christmas themed.  The good socks I have get worn out so fast because of all the walking I do.  I'm tired of these mutha fuckin holes in my mutha fuckin socks!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2507 on: April 15, 2008, 04:01:27 am »

Scoped, Marlin 1895G with a Weaver V3 1x3x20mm. Originally I put Williams aperture sights on it but the front bead/target focus has gotten too fuzzy for accuracy past 100 yards. I leave the scope at 1x for brush busting and 3x when I'm cruising ridges and glassing the stream valleys where the yardage can stretch out to 200-250.

[fuzzy bead::sharp target] or [sharp bead::fuzzy target] just wasn't going to cut it so I had to make a concession to age. The 20mm objective scopes are about the best choice for lever action rifles as far as keeping them tight and low over bore and keeping the quick carbine type point-ability. The V3 at 1x is pretty neat, you can keep both eyes open while sighting without breaking your brains visual center.

I have left the stock iron sights in place and indexed them for my hunting loads. If I break a scope I can pull it, reset my rear leaf ramp and keep going.

The shitty .22LR group on the plate was shot off hand with iron sights. Found out the rifle likes the Remington bulk pack ammo over the Federal. Got at least one flyer like that one at 6 o'clock with every group with the Federal and the Remington groups as tight as a ducks ass.

I understand very little of this, but it sounds fuck*ng AWESOME.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2508 on: April 15, 2008, 08:16:02 pm »

today my fiction writing class did a critique of my story, which I really liked, and they mostly liked. It was nice. My professor, who I really like, also said that he enjoyed it. However, the specific things they pointed out make me think that I am kind of insane.

Mostly that the description of the main character's lady was the part they liked the least, as she came across as a bitchy, snobby person. "Who likes girls like this?"

I basically said "um, I do" and they all laughed. Also some criticisms of the main character hit kind of close to home.

But overall they dug it, which makes me glad. 99% of their criticisms were what I needed to hear to make it better. Apparently the things I worry about when writing a story are weird, also.


Today I will manually write out every song played on the radio station for the past 2 days, and read a ton of old stuff for classes, and finish my application to continue my job at the radio station next year.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2509 on: April 15, 2008, 09:30:42 pm »

..start Neal Stevenson's Snowcrash.  Haven't read a book since last summer, been too busy with school.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2510 on: April 15, 2008, 09:48:10 pm »

...attend a ninjutsu demonstration as part of this month's cherry blossom festival celebrations. I dunno what to expect but what the hell.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2511 on: April 16, 2008, 01:20:29 am »

Dude, shurikens. Watch out, they come from literally nowhere. You don't even see them flying, just "thonk!" and they're sticking out of your eyeball.

*edit* On second thought, I'm pretty sure that shurikens do not "thonk" into eyeballs. Unless you have insane glaucoma, maybe.

Today I will take all day to write a couple of pages, because it is for a self-imposed deadline, which I am even more horrible at meeting than regular deadlines.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 01:23:54 am by lprkn »
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2512 on: April 16, 2008, 03:11:43 am »

The ninjas didn't actually kill anyone but it was a good time. There was a lot of "one guy attacks another guy (with one or both of them holding various weapons) and ends up on the ground in a Oh Shit I'm Fucked position".

Highlight: lanky dude with wooden sword (the most junior of the students demonstrating) attacks a tiny woman who disarms him, drops him to the ground, and ends up on his chest with her hairpin pointed directly at his eye, after which we're informed that she's not doing much of the demonstrating tonight because she's four months pregnant.

They also showed the pretty good movie Samurai Spy.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2513 on: April 16, 2008, 12:29:29 pm »

...find out that a friend got a form for the federal background check for my new job. And that they typed onto this form both the wrong address for me, under how long I said she has known me, "00 years."

I said I was not worried - I mean, if they have two typos just on my form, they must do it all the time, right? And surely they can't be firing people all over the place for failing background checks due to their own typos, or else the government couldn't function - oh, wait a minute...

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2514 on: April 16, 2008, 02:17:57 pm »

...go to the grand opening of a new grocery store by the guy who started Wild Oats.  We got a free bag of food for going and I haven't had a job in a while, so that is very good.

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2515 on: April 16, 2008, 05:57:23 pm »

Today I'm gonna contemplate taking my 2-year-old to happy hour.

Probably won't, but it's tempting.  She'd probably get carded though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2516 on: April 16, 2008, 07:10:12 pm »

I understand very little of this, but it sounds fuck*ng AWESOME.

Hear hear!  And hell if "cruising ridges and glassing the stream valleys" doesn't sound like "gleaming the cube".
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2517 on: April 17, 2008, 03:01:05 am »

last week, a girl in my fiction class, who is gorgeous, asked me and this other guy if we wanted to go smoke a bowl since class was canceled. I said no for multiple reasons (work, tiredness).

Today, we read her story where... this girl asks a guy if he wants to go smoke a bowl, and then they go screw.

and, I mean, that was not the vibe at the time at all, but it still made me double-take a little bit.

in other news, the radio station got totally boned in our budget for next year. This year's budget was a 33% cut over the previous year, meaning we had enough to do the bare minimum of stuff... and next year we won't have enough to do even that.

I am confused, because it looks like they gave us less than half for next year than they gave us this year. How can that be. One of the items they specifically removed was our Emergency Repair Fund.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 03:11:05 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2518 on: April 17, 2008, 03:15:19 am »

You just need to not have any emergencies, OK?  Then there will be no problem.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2519 on: April 17, 2008, 03:28:14 am »

The weirdest is a thing where we asked for money to buy an array of super-big hard-discs so that we could start converting all of our CDs to digital files. It is going to be a RAID array, I don't know what that is.
And, see, we asked for a flat number of dollars, and they allocated us like... $1342.40 or something really precise like that. We aren't sure what the deal with that is.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 878   Go Up