Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348829 times)

0 Members and 224 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2520 on: April 17, 2008, 08:10:49 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
Today, we read her story where... this girl asks a guy if he wants to go smoke a bowl, and then they go screw.

I think you should go for at least a week, doing the opposite of your gut feeling in every situation involving sexy ladies. I have a feeling you would either end up The Pussy King of St. Louis or hanged by the neck until dead.

Now, granted, the latter is a shit fate... but the former makes the risk sound worth it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2521 on: April 17, 2008, 01:08:36 pm »

I don't know.  When I was Inev's age, I was asking everyone to go smoke a bowl with me.  If it's a habit sort of thing, it doesn't mean the two are connected.  But then I have never been the sort of lady who sends secret coded messages or vague allusions to people I'm attracted to.  Don't like that sort of thing.  Much prefer honesty.  Inev - there are ladies out there who will be forthright with you, go for them, not girls who may or may not be using creative writing to sublimate their desires.

Today I'm gonna spend a lot of time Spring cleaning, just like yesterday.  Sigh.  How did everything get so dirty?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2522 on: April 17, 2008, 01:16:24 pm »

Today I'l be making reservations to be here: http://www.twiddy.com/homes/corolla/ocean-hill/happy-ours.aspx. After graduation. 12 of my closest Rugby dudes plus beautiful house plus hot tub plus pool and ocean and booze will make for an amazing week. This is literally a reason to wake up in the morning.

Oh, sidenote, North Carolina has some ridiculous discrimination policy against non-family rentals and people under 25, so we're renting under the cover story that we are a group of young urban professionals who have been awarded some R&R time by our boss after tax season. Corporate diversity training if you will.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2523 on: April 17, 2008, 01:36:06 pm »

Yeah, that law is somehow supposed to prevent the establishment of brothels?  But really it just penalizes college students. 

There was a real uproar in the cities, but it passed anyway. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2524 on: April 17, 2008, 02:24:19 pm »

yeah, S_S, I am pretty sure she just wants to smoke pot with everyone.

It's kind of funny, this one guy wrote a drug story, and suddenly everyone feels like they have to write a story about drugs.

My favorite so far is the one about a Crack dealer in the 60's. I hate to break this kid's heart.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2525 on: April 17, 2008, 02:38:37 pm »

Oh, sidenote, North Carolina has some ridiculous discrimination policy against non-family rentals and people under 25, so we're renting under the cover story that we are a group of young urban professionals who have been awarded some R&R time by our boss after tax season. Corporate diversity training if you will.
Yeah, that law is somehow supposed to prevent the establishment of brothels?  But really it just penalizes college students. 

In this case I believe it's supposed to prevent a bunch of high school or college kids from renting a big fancy beach house, throwing a huge party, and trashing the place.  (Nothing personal, A-Cap.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2526 on: April 17, 2008, 02:40:43 pm »

yeah, S_S, I am pretty sure she just wants to smoke pot with everyone.

It's kind of funny, this one guy wrote a drug story, and suddenly everyone feels like they have to write a story about drugs.

My favorite so far is the one about a Crack dealer in the 60's. I hate to break this kid's heart.

Wait, what if the twist is that it's actually a time-travelling drug dealer? That could be awesome.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2527 on: April 17, 2008, 07:52:06 pm »

yeah, um, that girl continued to act as if she wants to do a Horizontal Mambo with me today. Like... over the top. Too much.

while I was distracted by thinking about this, my fiction writing professor went on a thing comparing the story we critiqued today to "this story I read last week, that was like... this guy goes insane, and starts building this huge nest in the middle of his apartment..." which was my story. He confused my story with like, a real story? I wasn't listening, though, and I don't know what he said about it. But everyone laughed, and then he realized and was like "oh, daniel, I'm so sorry" so I don't know what was going on.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2528 on: April 17, 2008, 08:17:05 pm »

Today I'm gonna go hear a guy give a powerpoint presentation about amphibians, stay an hour, and leave just before I start trying to gnaw my own leg off.


Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2529 on: April 17, 2008, 08:37:38 pm »

The great thing about being human is that there is rarely a fastener keeping you in place, requiring the sacrifice of a limb to escape.

I have a true story here that involves freshman year, a large woman, handcuffs, and a bloody wrist.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2530 on: April 17, 2008, 08:44:24 pm »

yeah, um, that girl continued to act as if she wants to do a Horizontal Mambo with me today.
Awesome.

Quote
Like... over the top.
Wait, what?

Quote
Too much.
DOES NOT COMPUTE
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2531 on: April 17, 2008, 08:51:02 pm »

The great thing about being human is that there is rarely a fastener keeping you in place, requiring the sacrifice of a limb to escape.

Yeah, but after an hour I was close to losing sufficient brain function to realize that.

Seriously - I gave up lifetime job security in order to never again have to sit in a room, at the head of which was a guy with a PhD uttering the words "controversy in the literature." It doesn't help if he's saying it about frogs.

But more important, is A-Cap going to tell us his story or is he just going to be a tease?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2532 on: April 17, 2008, 09:14:26 pm »

Maybe since it is about amphibians, though, you'll grow the leg back via sympathetic magic!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2533 on: April 17, 2008, 09:37:14 pm »

Wait, what if the twist is that it's actually a time-travelling drug dealer? That could be awesome.

This is what the song "Doctor Feelgood" is about.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2534 on: April 17, 2008, 09:43:35 pm »

another fun happening:

my (female) friend whose roommate I had medium cuddles with was making jokes about me having a small dick, and I said "Um, yeah, actually my dick is awesome blah blah blah" and she goes
"oh, well, obviously, i'm just kidding" and then said some things that imply that she knows hell of details about my dick.
I mean, details that I am totally OK with the female population knowing, but, wow. women talk to each other about these things. I knew this, but, wow.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 878   Go Up