Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348835 times)

0 Members and 224 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2670 on: May 01, 2008, 06:40:37 pm »

....sit through a meeting where the results of the employee survey are presented, with all the things people think suck listed under, instead of something like 'problems,' the heading "Areas of Opportunity."

And try not to POKE MY OWN EYES OUT.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2671 on: May 01, 2008, 06:45:08 pm »

....sit through a meeting where the results of the employee survey are presented, with all the things people think suck listed under, instead of something like 'problems,' the heading "Areas of Opportunity."

Because I'm a huge dork, to me an area of opportunity is the spot in a wargame where if you pass through it your enemies get a free shot at you.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2672 on: May 01, 2008, 07:28:18 pm »

Yeah, Nev.

The mouth is where you put the CUNT and the CUNT flavoured things.

Totally.

(I dare you, filters.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2673 on: May 01, 2008, 07:31:08 pm »

Strange concept: Maybe this thread is the problem. Makes it too easy to just drop in and chitty-chat about the day in four lines or less and then run away.

Maybe this thread needs to go behind the woodshed and get the [BANG] Ol' Yeller treatment.

I concur.  The big question is whether wombat or Bozack agree.  What do you guys think?

Would you like to bang Ol' Yeller?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2674 on: May 01, 2008, 07:58:52 pm »

Ask me another day. Today there is no way i'm gonna kill the thread that produced this.


Moment of epiphany for the day: Other people are not over sensitive, I am as under sensitive as a lead hammer.

Hurray!  This is the "conservative's epiphany."  The liberal equivalent goes something like: "Nobody actually owes me anything, and few people care what I think.  I should probably stop whining."

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2675 on: May 01, 2008, 08:32:47 pm »

...realize I just barely avoided being alone and unaccounted for with a serial rapist because I heeded the advice of someone I have almost no common ground with.

... tell everyone at the theatre that I'm getting engaged, and also beg them not to mention it on Facebook until we've told all our loved ones in person next week.

... see the first promo shots for my big production in TO and be blown away.

... have a headache from clenching my jaw, and possibly from the bleach the police used to clean up all the pools of blood left by a failed burglar at the theatre.

... have more to do than I can possibly do in one day.

... cry tears of joy.

... cry tears of sorrow.

... get hugged, and hugged and hugged again.

... smile consolingly at strangers on the bus as a random guy bleeds and his friend loudly brags about how his friend was the winner in the fight.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2676 on: May 01, 2008, 09:10:17 pm »

...realize that the whole point of the popular culture push for conspiracy theory entertainment was to muddy the waters so much that they can basically get away with anything.

If everything's got a wacky conspiracy theory then even the obvious ones can be discounted out of hand.

Yeah. Yeah, a madam with a quarter of the Congress's phone numbers in her little black book killed herself. Yeah, definitely. I've also got a bridge in Brooklyn and a mission accomplished for ya. I mean, wow.

And yet it is just gonna go away because EVERYTHING is just a crazy theory.

Yay, internet?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2677 on: May 01, 2008, 09:40:59 pm »

See, if I lock this thread, where else will Smells post that stuff from her sideshow-quality life?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2678 on: May 02, 2008, 02:03:26 am »

....sit through a meeting where the results of the employee survey are presented, with all the things people think suck listed under, instead of something like 'problems,' the heading "Areas of Opportunity."

And try not to POKE MY OWN EYES OUT.

This kind of ties into a meeting I just got out of where we all got silly because one of our bosses said 'everyone needs to be blind before we start any experiments'.


I think Smells could sustain her own thread like this if she wasn't too busy living the most awesome life ever.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2679 on: May 02, 2008, 02:32:08 am »

What we want is a device that feeds Smell's life directly from her brain into a thread, so she doesn't have to stop living it to write posts about it.  Where is technology when you need it?

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2680 on: May 02, 2008, 07:16:26 am »

Chrono Trigger?
OH MY LORD.

ouch, my grades. ouch ouch ouch. this could not have come at a worse time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2681 on: May 02, 2008, 11:58:50 am »

Today I'm gonna be a smart-ass on the Internet.

Chrono Trigger?
OH MY LORD.

ouch, my grades. ouch ouch ouch. this could not have come at a worse time.
Dude, Chrono Trigger came along about 13 years ago.  It could be in 7th grade by now.  It can hardly be blamed if you are only just catching up.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2682 on: May 02, 2008, 05:18:09 pm »

Sometimes I love our filters.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2683 on: May 02, 2008, 06:09:29 pm »

It could make conversations lively at the round-up if you rename him.  Or amuse/horrify fellow highway travelers if you get him a personalized hoss trailer.  Think of the opportunities for parents everywhere to educate their children in the car!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2684 on: May 02, 2008, 08:18:22 pm »

And when he's outlived his usefulness, you could make him into his own special brand of glue!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 878   Go Up