Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348837 times)

0 Members and 224 Guests are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2685 on: May 02, 2008, 11:45:19 pm »

But CUNT, men, that sucker is top shelf!


I need a lie down after that post.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2686 on: May 02, 2008, 11:46:40 pm »

so, I hadn't printed out the review sheet for my Statistics exam, which is on friday.
I look at the top, and the first list of topics says "concepts you should understand but won't have to compute:" and then there was a list of like 10 things, and I said "oh, awesome, I won't have to re-learn how to do all that stuff."
And then, on the next page, "Things you will need to be able to explain conceptually, and interpret, but will not have to compute:" and then a list of all the obnoxious specifi-statistics like Cohen's Octopus Correction (the formula you use to correct values if some subjects were Octopuses) and Johanson's Beer Coefficient (the coefficient of how much beer you will need to consume to give a shit about the Octopus Correction for a given study).
She basically cut out half the obnoxious formulas I was going to have to learn. I am so glad, but I am attempting to rein myself in lest I use this as an excuse to study less.

Tonight I am going to dinner with my good friend who is graduating, and my future-roommate who she has been having Maximum Cuddles with all semester. Our plan is to go someplace on The Hill, which is the awesome Italian part of St Louis (where Yogi Berra is from!)
After this we will go to the opening of an exhibit at the school's art museum (which the girl I like works at! she said I should come!). The exhibit is of works by MFA candidates, so, it should be interesting and diverse.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2687 on: May 03, 2008, 05:00:12 am »

...find out the pools of blood around my workplace were from a sex offender who had gone on the lam and broken into two other businesses before ours to call phone sex lines and look at porn on their computers.  Fortunatly he cut himself so bad on the window he broke that he only used our phone to call an ambulance, and he's now been arrested.  This is a different guy than the serial rapist I mentioned in my previous post.  They say bad things aways come in threes, I hope it's not the same with sex perverts.  Dear god I hope it's not the same with sex perverts.

Also today, I will write letters to the editor, and start a boycott due to horrible discrimination against teens.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:47:25 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2688 on: May 03, 2008, 05:52:08 am »


Also today, I will write letters to the editor, and start a boycott due to horrible discrimination against teens.

Yay for assuming an entire class of people are criminals!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2689 on: May 03, 2008, 06:11:26 am »

Teenagers have every bit as much right to loiter as old people.

Also,
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/04/10/95-rugby/
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2690 on: May 03, 2008, 06:26:36 am »

quote of the night, after an acquaintance left a stuffed rabbit on the ground at the art museum:
"No, it is NOT "no big deal!" If you leave things on the floor at at art museum, people will think they're art!"

So yeah. Horrible Italian food that cost too much, horrible party that my friends were not at, horrible time continuing to realize that my friend's roommate is The Girl I Should fuck*ng Date except she is graduating and not into me (anymore?). Etc Etc, you know the drill. Smart, gorgeous, funny, likes weird things I like that no one else likes.

Now I am going to play Chrono Trigger until my roommate calls me to tell me what is up. Hopefully we will do something at least a little fun.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2691 on: May 03, 2008, 07:12:42 am »

Teenagers have every bit as much right to loiter as old people.

Also,
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/04/10/95-rugby/

Funny bit, but don't read the comments, that way lies madness.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2692 on: May 03, 2008, 11:58:09 am »

Teenagers have every bit as much right to loiter as old people.

Oh yes - I forgot to note that "the Mosquito" mentioned in this article has been installed at a bus stop.  A public bus stop.  How exactly are you supposed to wait for a bus without "hanging around?"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2693 on: May 03, 2008, 02:34:53 pm »

I am completely convinced that they have a similar device at a supermarket in Charlotte. My friends all claim I can't possibly be right, but, it's the most obnoxious noise ever and I can't find any source for it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:43:16 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2694 on: May 03, 2008, 02:58:23 pm »

Also today, I will write letters to the editor, and start a boycott due to horrible discrimination against teens.

I don't know what it's like in Canada, but here teenagers are compelled by law to attend a place where simply by virtue of being there they surrender their first, fourth, and fifth amendment rights. Granted, in theory adults sacrifice those same rights but adults can also just leave while teens cannot.

People actively enjoy discriminating against the young, is the point I'm trying to make here.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2695 on: May 03, 2008, 03:00:24 pm »

yeah, but I think the less we discriminate against youth the more boring our culture becomes.

Am I Rite?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2696 on: May 03, 2008, 03:58:17 pm »

People actively enjoy discriminating against the young, is the point I'm trying to make here.

Perhaps we're envious since we are no longer young and never will be again.

Or perhaps GET OFF OF MY LAWN DAMMIT DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY HOURS I'VE PUT INTO MAKING THAT NICE AND NOW YOU ARE RUINING IT!!!???
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2697 on: May 03, 2008, 06:14:43 pm »

Today I'm going to be contacted by every news org in the area, and try really hard to not be that person.  Nothing like talking about my Facebook boycott for the human rights of young people with people who don't know what Facebook is, don't know what the purpose of a boycott is and don't know that young people have human rights.  So I explain everything patiently and respectfully, but I know I'll be edited down to a single soundbite by someone who has no idea what is even going on.  Score!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2698 on: May 04, 2008, 01:14:35 am »

yeah, but I think the less we discriminate against youth the more boring our culture becomes.

We'd certainly lose a lot of good music.

Nothing like talking about my Facebook boycott for the human rights of young people

Hang on, do you mean a boycott organised via facebook or a boycott of facebook? I'm fairly sure it's the former because I'm not sure how the latter affects... anything, or is even possible.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2699 on: May 04, 2008, 12:53:55 pm »

I've been boycotting Facebook since the beginning. It was so EASY, too!

I'm of mixed opinion. I mean, on the one hand, yeah, it sucks that they're basically saying "We don't want you here," but if the security dude is right, and people are driving to the mall, seeing all the kids hanging out outside, and saying, "Yeah, screw THIS, I'll go spend my money somewhere else," I think the people paying rent on the stores inside have the right to tell the mall to do something about it.

Maybe I just have no respect for people with no shopping agenda.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 878   Go Up