Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349010 times)

0 Members and 200 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2805 on: May 19, 2008, 04:23:32 am »

...not buy a new DVD burner when I was at Fry's even though mine is balky.

Then I'm going to come home, forget that I left the tray open, and bang my knee right into it, jamming it something fierce.

Now I'm going to try not to use this as an excuse to get a whole new computer.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2806 on: May 19, 2008, 04:59:29 am »

Today Ill spend the entire day on the beach and end up burnt red.
Then I prepped dinner for tomorrow. Each person in the group cooks dinner one night a week, my dinner will be Lobsters (that I caught myself) and pork loin that I've been soaking in some nice marinade since we got here.
Also some lady came by with a gift basket containing wine, brie, crackers, and chocolate + her ad for her wine tasting. So Tomorrow: wine tasting, dinner, and our ritual black tie party on the beach.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2807 on: May 19, 2008, 12:46:30 pm »

Plus, the beach is private and beautiful, but unless youre inside the water there are biting flies? WTF is up with that. 

If there is a God, this is one of the thing s/he has invented so that we don't have to feel too bad about not living at the beach.

Sand in your ##### is one of the others, in my opinion.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2808 on: May 19, 2008, 01:33:36 pm »

...have a small amount of masonry work left to do, but be in too much pain from moving, stacking and otherwise dealing with bricks to even consider doing it.  Thankfully it's raining, so I have an excuse.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2809 on: May 19, 2008, 10:04:20 pm »

...try to find some stuff to "get done" to get my mom off my case.
She seems to be interpreting my non-business as "daniel is being a no-good lazy bum" instead of "daniel doesn't have anything to do until his job starts in a week, so he is sitting around and reading a lot."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2810 on: May 19, 2008, 11:38:42 pm »

... go for a 3 mile sunrise beach run. Found a shipwreck and a kite that one our neighbors lost (which we returned for 5lbs of giraffe they just caught . . . kind of like some OBX RPG).
Tonight I cooked lobster and pork loin for the 15 of us, and we made it a rule that everyone wear a tie/dress. I figure this way there are some wine/lobster/shirt/tie dining room pictures we can actually show parents.
 
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2811 on: May 20, 2008, 05:00:14 pm »

Tonight I cooked lobster and pork loin for the 15 of us, and we made it a rule that everyone wear a tie/dress. I figure this way there are some wine/lobster/shirt/tie dining room pictures we can actually show parents.
 

Surely though, the ladies were wearing ties and the men, dresses?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:01:06 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2812 on: May 20, 2008, 11:33:37 pm »

at my friend's last radio show, her lovely roommate sat in. "(roommate) has declared that now we will play some songs for DJ DB!" and then they played 2 songs that I love.
One of which was Love Fool, which... I know it doesn't mean anything, but it is hard when this girl plays songs that are all "why are you leaving me, I will do anything for you, please, even just pretend that you love me!" to not want it to be some kind of secret message. Especially considering our recent email correspondence (apparently she thought I hated her, and I cleared this up).

Lately there have been a lot of these. The other lovely girl I fixated on this year made me a mix CD which is 90% songs that say "i miss you" or "I love you don't leave" or "I am so lonely without you" and I'm like "oh, damn, seriously!?"
Of course, it could just be that she really likes really sad love songs and thought I would enjoy them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2813 on: May 21, 2008, 12:14:53 am »

Its been my experience that ladies listen to that stuff more than, "Lets get high", "I wanna killa cop", "Party all night", or "My consciousness is killing me".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2814 on: May 21, 2008, 03:35:38 am »

...buy my wedding dress on ebay.  Because that is how I roll.  It is over 100 years old, and it is beautiful.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2815 on: May 21, 2008, 04:15:47 am »

"A+++, Would Wed Again"?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2816 on: May 21, 2008, 05:04:24 am »

Did we get the proposal story in the end? I can't remember.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2817 on: May 21, 2008, 01:51:19 pm »

Link?  I wanna see! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2818 on: May 22, 2008, 12:20:32 am »

We live in the future:
while I sit here typing a message which will go to people all over the world, and watching an episode of a television show which was aired months ago, wirelessly, my brother is being taught Yoga positions by our Wii, which is also weighing him, keeping track of his balance, etc.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2819 on: May 22, 2008, 01:19:55 am »

We live in the future:
while I sit here typing a message which will go to people all over the world, and watching an episode of a television show which was aired months ago, wirelessly, my brother is being taught Yoga positions by our Wii, which is also weighing him, keeping track of his balance, etc.

Keep me updated on how you like Wii Fit.  We're seriously thinking about buying it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 878   Go Up