Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349106 times)

0 Members and 207 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2850 on: May 25, 2008, 03:37:17 pm »

Today, I freak out about packing and stuff. Tomorrow I wake up at 7 to drive to the mountains where I will be incommunicado for several months (except for a few 1-day breaks, so, I guess not incommunicado.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2851 on: May 25, 2008, 03:38:18 pm »

I'm still alive FWIW.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2852 on: May 25, 2008, 04:31:19 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2853 on: May 25, 2008, 04:33:18 pm »

I'm still alive FWIW.

Kids, don't let this make you think that it's OK to eat chicken you left in the car overnight. You know that Paul is blessed in all kinds of strange ways and it won't work out the same for you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2854 on: May 25, 2008, 10:21:50 pm »

today I'm gonna... hate computers.

I am trying to set up an online portfolio. I don't want it to be a blog, but I saw some other non-bloggy pages set up with WordPress, so I decided to go with that. I thought it had to be better than Front Page which is the only thing I had used before to make a web page from scratch.
 
Well, so far all I've managed to do is change the picture in the header. It took much wailing, rending of garments, vomiting and bleeding from the eyes.  And I had the Technical Staff helping, so it wasn't because I am ignorant.

But, speaking of cephalopods, my hosting company is Laughing Squid!



Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2855 on: May 25, 2008, 10:46:34 pm »

What kind of portfolio?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2856 on: May 25, 2008, 10:53:29 pm »

It's a writing portfolio, I just need to have nicely organized links to pdfs of articles, contact info, little bit of bio. That sort of thing. On a nice website that doesn't look like it was designed by a chimpanzee. And that doesn't involve screaming and vomiting every time I try to update it.

Once I get it going, the updating should be easy enough, anyway.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2857 on: May 26, 2008, 03:27:00 am »

in a little over 12 hours I will be hiking with my fellow counselors-in-training in the beautiful Appalachian mountains. I will be scared shitless about what I am getting myself into, but hopefully having a good time!

Yay! I will be here maybe once a week, or less, I have no idea. I will probably use my precious internet time to check my email and stuff.

Have good summers!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2858 on: May 26, 2008, 03:29:57 am »

Have fun!  I'm envious. Enjoy the campers
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2859 on: May 26, 2008, 10:36:49 pm »

I'm recouping from a wedding yesterday. It was on a farm. They said dress was "casual" but I saw everything from shirts and ties to cargo shorts. The ceremony was "spiritual but not religious." So there was lots of talk of tradition and trees and sky and stuff. It was fine but very repetitive and about 20 minutes too long.

They wanted people to camp after the reception for a pig roast today. But I have never camped and I don't intend to start now. Plus I don't like pork and the SO is a vegetarian.

Otherwise it was fun and all the food was from nearby farms. The bride and groom even raised the chickens we were eating as barbecue.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2860 on: May 27, 2008, 05:55:26 am »

Cort that sounds like a near perfect wedding, just remove the talking parts and it's basically 'Hey we're getting married come have a barbecue in a field!'


Today I'm gonna hit on a friend and feel like a complete douchebag afterwards. Some days I'm just an idiot.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2861 on: May 27, 2008, 06:04:13 am »

Today I went in to work to fix my problems despite the fact that none of them took more than 20 minutes to resolve, and also that the people who weren't at work today had like three times as many, including two that directly caused my problems.  Also, I didn't get comp time.  Office politics are fun!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2862 on: May 28, 2008, 03:07:39 am »

Today: Fed the cats, drank brandy.

Tomorrow: Feed the cats, buy more liquor.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2863 on: May 29, 2008, 05:23:52 am »

...throw some clothes into a suitcase and re-string my Strat, because tomorrow we're driving up north to record basic tracks for our band's next album. 
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2864 on: May 30, 2008, 06:21:42 pm »

Discover that I am a pool hustler. A bumper pool (http://www.billiardworld.com/bumppool.html) hustler. I saw the table at the ol watering hole, and got the equipment. After fiddling with it, people came over wanting to play. Always wanting to make money from my time, wagers were made. By closing time, I was playing a $100 game with a man who refused to believe that I was good at bumper pool. Whatever, thanks for the money.
And so today I have a wallet full of money I made by going to a bar. It must be opposite day.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 878   Go Up