Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349515 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2865 on: May 30, 2008, 09:54:04 pm »

A bumper pool (http://www.billiardworld.com/bumppool.html) hustler.

I vaguely recall seeing one of those once.  I had always wondered how it was played.  Thankfully, youtube1 is a bit clearer than the instructions at the link you posted.


1 Certified rickroll-safe
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2866 on: May 31, 2008, 01:26:55 am »

...interview someone about the time her pug went missing and the awful things that happened and how she got it back.

And then go have a good stiff drink.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2867 on: May 31, 2008, 10:11:05 pm »

Sorry, I can't keep this to myself:
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2868 on: June 01, 2008, 12:02:14 am »

I am sure I would be hell of more contributing to the economy by buying stuff I didn't need, if advertising were more like that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2869 on: June 01, 2008, 01:51:14 am »

...buy a new laptop, a returned refurbished one because it was the last one of that model that was left in the store, which I had determined was the only model of the thirty or forty on sale that had three of my four non-negotiable requirements.

And get it home, and open the box, and find that it contains THE WRONG COMPUTER.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2870 on: June 03, 2008, 02:18:22 am »

...send my newest play "Evil Doers" off the the director and wait.  Evil stories are awesome by the way.  Even incest is alright to talk about, because you can talk about it over nachos and beer.  These are the things you learn when you try new things people.  So go out there and put up a random poster about something with your phone number on it.  Seriously.  Good times.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2871 on: June 03, 2008, 02:30:59 am »

So go out there and put up a random poster about something with your phone number on it.  Seriously.  Good times.

I would, but I can't think of a better idea than this:



(Photo from the Flickr page of my wonderfully named hosting company , Laughing Squid.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2872 on: June 03, 2008, 05:49:05 am »

The post that would have made me drive to Canada...

Party at my house!  Even incest is alright. Nachos and beer.  Seriously.  Good times.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2873 on: June 03, 2008, 03:21:40 pm »

Today Ill do the normal gym stuff and tending to the property.
Also, investigating various masters/masters+ph.d programs. So much to consider there... finance? econ? mba? MS? ph.d? Start classes online and then make up my mind later? Maybe Ill know more after my graduate entrance exams.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2874 on: June 04, 2008, 03:01:48 am »

...remember to vote in time to leave work and get to my polling place!  Hooray!

Also I remembered to pay rent!

Don't judge.  These are accomplishments.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2875 on: June 04, 2008, 07:05:15 pm »

Today Ill do the normal gym stuff and tending to the property.
Also, investigating various masters/masters+ph.d programs. So much to consider there... finance? econ? mba? MS? ph.d? Start classes online and then make up my mind later? Maybe Ill know more after my graduate entrance exams.
Did you graduate already, or is this in anticipation of next year?  For some reason I thought you had at least a year to go still.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2876 on: June 04, 2008, 07:14:54 pm »

Did you graduate already, or is this in anticipation of next year?  For some reason I thought you had at least a year to go still.
due to my year and a half at N.Y.U. and  HSC's strict requirements for graduation (i have a list of specific liberal arts classes that I have to take) I have a fifth and final year of college. The good news is that I may reach my goal of taking every economics class offered and a senior year full of classes like "introduction to film" and "Psychology 101" and time to figure out who im working for and what i want to do with the rest of my education.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2877 on: June 04, 2008, 08:01:38 pm »

My last semester was horrible, good plan A-CAP.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2878 on: June 04, 2008, 08:20:20 pm »

ACAP, I would suggest...maybe taking a year off, working in a field you think you might like, and then deciding re: more school.  Or, take classes that sound like fun, but do it part-time while working in a related field, to see how you like it. 

I suggest this because...it's what I didn't do, and what a lot of my friends didn't do, and now a bunch of us are stuck with 60 grand in student loans, no marketable skills, and no better idea what we want to do for a living than we had when we started the whole process. 

Clearly, however, I am not the expert here.  And since you didn't ask for advice, I'll stop here and just say, "Good luck with that." 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2879 on: June 04, 2008, 09:59:04 pm »

I have a fifth and final year of college.
I saw a Doonesbury a while ago where the joke was that Zonker's time at Walden was the "happiest 5 years of my life".  Har har har - I graduated in 6.5.  Trudeau was showing his age with that one.


(Granted, Zonker's extra-curriculars and mine had considerable overlap for a while.  Although not in competitive tanning.  That couldn't be offered at Humboldt State in the same way that Oceanography isn't offered at the University of Kansas).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 878   Go Up